Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The Snyder stuff is a large part of the DCEU, so yeah that's there. All the movies taking place in that universe.

Under the specifications I do note that it's only heroes and anti-heroes. So no cosmic beings, villains or whatever you want to call the TVA. And none of the X-men have debuted in the MCU yet.

As for the villains, Shigaraki isn't the only one with solid healing. Muzan, Sukuna and Lucius all have impressive healing abilities. Heck, I'd even say Lucius is the biggest threat since he can just straight up create a clone army of himself. So he should not be underestimated.
    Nah, DCEU is one thing, Snyder is straight up another. OG Justice League is much weaker than the Snyder Cut's special brand of torture... er, demensia.

In any case, Superman, especially given Snyder Cut amps, probably solos this before the villains can react or really get anything serious going, more or less. The bad guys are tough, but Supes can hit them really hard, a ridiculous number of times. He can even do something silly like put all of them together in the same room or deserted island or whatever. These guys are NOT going to work together. He's too fast, too strong and too tough, IMO.

For the MCU, it will be harder and there will be a LOT more collateral damage, but at the end of the day, I don't think any of the baddies can do effectively anything to Carol and she can eventually get to them. The city is probably toast, given the lack of super speed and because you've erased some of the potent tricks the MCU kids bring to the table, like ring-outs. Thor raining down AoE blasts and autohoming lightning will help, Strange doing Strange things will help. Carol is bringing most of the heat, and it is a pretty massive amount of heat.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

Not yet. But we'll see what Deadpool 3 does.

But can he hurt people like Thor, Hulk and Captain Marvel?
    I'd say so.

"Cuts large boulders in half" is the start of the series strength curve, and Muzan's on the other end of it. Those guys are tough, but not so tough that they could no sell Muzan's strikes. And he only needs to make a small cut in order to nail them with cell destroying poison

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    What Dark Soul # 7 said, but also it’s not just MCU. DCEU as well, which includes Supes, Flash and Black Adam.
    Isn’t Snydercut Flash FTL?

Astonishing Member

DC also has Blue Beetle, who (putting aside that his alien symbiote artifact busted a planet while flying through space to get to Earth in the intro) is not only bulletproof but can sonic boom fly long distances up to orbit, survive re-entry heat, shoot huge blasts that obliterate building sections against a character similarly empowered, and if bloodlust allows for it, the villain replicating his powers (think Iron Monger vs Iron Man) nuked an island by self-destructing himself, if bloodlust allows Jaime to do that here. The faster DC characters should escape that from speed alone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Nah, DCEU is one thing, Snyder is straight up another. OG Justice League is much weaker than the Snyder Cut's special brand of torture... er, demensia.

In any case, Superman, especially given Snyder Cut amps, probably solos this before the villains can react or really get anything serious going, more or less. The bad guys are tough, but Supes can hit them really hard, a ridiculous number of times. He can even do something silly like put all of them together in the same room or deserted island or whatever. These guys are NOT going to work together. He's too fast, too strong and too tough, IMO.
    Oh wait, you're talking strictly about the theatrical release vs. the Snyder-cut. Which is a fair difference, that's true. Though I didn't think it would be much of difference. Except for Flash I guess.

Ehh, let's go without the Snyder-cut. Since that is outside the other DCEU movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    "Cuts large boulders in half" is the start of the series strength curve, and Muzan's on the other end of it. Those guys are tough, but not so tough that they could no sell Muzan's strikes. And he only needs to make a small cut in order to nail them with cell destroying poison
    Fair point. And between Shigaraki's Decay, Sukuna's recently amped cutting technique and Lucius time and soul manipulation I do think that the villains have enough tricks up their sleeves to mess up the heroes.

Astonishing Member

I haven't watched the HBO Max Justice League cut so I don't know what Flash people are thinking about here, but the recent Flash movie had him able to run fast enough to break time and space to the point of reversing time (inside an urban environment, so he didn't trip on anything at all along the way, at the beginning of the movie he travelled from his city to Gotham City to help Batman against a potentially city-wiping terrorist attack, and he was hungry at the time, which by this movie meant he struggled to move at top speed at all times, and he pulled a Fox Quicksilver style saving stunt in the process), and even the alternate Earth inexperienced Flash who got his same powers (mainstream Barry was outright depowered in order to empower alternate Barry) was faster than Kryptonians, and was able to run countless attempts to try* to take down an army of Kryptonians, shown at top capacity (like Zod being able to at least partially react to a Flash just like Superman reacted to Flash in the original Justice League release), with Flash abilities like generating zap charges that could blow up a Kryptonian, or arming himself with Kryptonian tech that allowed him to carve up and kill a Zod top soldier with his superior (to a point) speed. Which suggests at least stuff the manga/anime villains have could be taken away from them and/or they could be relocated to help Flash's side.

*keep in mind try is because it was not just an army of Kryptonians with upgraded reactions to new movies standards (I don't think these kinds of speed feats were a thing in earlier Snyder movies), but because I remember the Flash movie, for better or worse, said that world was destined to die. Typical fate of What If stories.
    Last edited by Wildling; 10-12-2023 at 12:29 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Only tangentially. Patrick Stewart Xavier appeared in Doc Strange MoM.
    MCU Quicksilver also showed up in WandaVision.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    MCU Quicksilver also showed up in WandaVision.
    No he didn't. That ultimately just a dude named Ralph Bohner given speedster powers by Agatha to mess with Wanda. And that's XCU Quicksilver, not MCU Quicksilver.

No he didn't. That ultimately just a dude named Ralph Bohner given speedster powers by Agatha to mess with Wanda. And that's XCU Quicksilver, not MCU Quicksilver.
    This.

*Limit whip-naynay*
    Chief Curmudgeon

Mighty Member

I meant X-Men Quicksilver, yes, and also fair point.