Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    I'm not following this title, but the pages shared look... awesome. Both in art and content. This Ororo is... wow.
    It must be good to be a rabid Storm's fan! *jealous Hakka*

So, to recap. Of the four horsemen, only Famine is dead?
    I highly recommend this title, friend. Since issue #1 it's been a banger and as BobbysWorld mentioned above, Ewing has done a good job of making readers care about several new characters. This is imo the best Storm has ever been and as one of my favorites, I'm so happy.

EDIT: I forgot to answer your question. Pestilence, the one that Death killed, seems to be the only one dead dead.
    Last edited by JB; 10-11-2023 at 08:08 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    taht
    I think you can, with the exception of the new characters, make the same argument about Duggan writing Kate. I'm more in agreement with Jbenito that I generally don't mind the focus either has gotten but this issue was disappointing IMO. The horsemen have been teased too much for it to jus be Storm bodying them without anyone else. Nova coming back just to die for Storm, the whole Uranos isn't actually needed thing, Storm can just do it herself.
    I think this setup wouldn’t work if it wasn’t new characters. When people complain about stealth solos it’s largely because other A/B listers are getting completely sidelined. I don’t think people were mad that Betsy was the focal character in Excalibur, but they felt some type of way that Rogue, Gambit, and Jubilee were wasted. Same thing with Kate in Marauders and Storm, Iceman, and Bishop.

Out of the current cast of Red, Roberto is the closest thing to a B list X-character and he HAS had a lot of good moments throughout this run.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

X-Men Red #16 was BEYOND Good. 100/100

If, your a Fan of Storm today's issue was a Treat. I love how Storm's Darkness within her is being played around and she is willing to turn to the Dark Side of the Force !!! Yes, Storm let it go just this 1 time.

Storm's battle with the 4 Horsemen(Now Confirmed Omega Lvl Mutants) was Beautiful. The Horseman War is Joke. She is nothing to Storm. And I LOVE how Al Ewing explained how Storm is really an Omega lvl mutant in all things. LOL at Horseman Famine getting knocked out and War getting suffocated to Death. I personally, believe she killed them, but that's neither here or there.

Also, not sure why Horseman Death had a Huge issue with his Sister Pestilence interfering. The ENTIRE Family are CHEATERS. Did the Horseman Death forget he Drugged Storm in XoSWORDS?? Horseman War Poisoned Doug in XoSWORDS?? His own Mother using a Staff that grants her Unlimited Supply of Demon Armies??? What the Horseman Pestilence did was a Fair Game. Also, i'm sure Storm would have dodged or deflected the Arrow anyone.

RIP Nova. HUGE Respect for this Man, for taking an Arrow for Storm. This Man is a HERO involved himself in a War that has nothing to do with him. Yet, he fought on. RESPECT BRO.

All in All this was GREAT.
    I think my Favorite bit of all is Storm after ALL this time is Willing to give in to her Darkest part of herself. Because Truth of the matter is that is what it will take to win. These people cannot be reasoned with. They are Cheaters and they hide behind these Ridiculous Rules, yet when **** doesn't go their way or when they Recognize someone stronger than they are guess what they do? They result to Cheating. So, i'm happy to see Storm is coming to the Realization that she needs to be more Ruthless. And unmerciful. I LOVE IT.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 10-11-2023 at 07:35 AM.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Mighty Member

There is one thing I wanna know is how Apocalypse is going deal with Storm regarding about the ritual stuff. I know it sounds crazy since the whole Vulture stuff was kinda left behind until realised it wasn't unless the next issue prove it. Also, if Nova is dead. He won't likely be back since he isn't a mutant to get resurrected.

With Storm easily defeating 3 of the Horsemen, I think Mr. Ewing is giving us hope before the fall of Storm.

I wouldn't be shocked if Genesis push Storm and the other heroes on Mars to their limit. Forcing them to do some extreme sh1t.

This is sign of good story telling. Make you feel like everything is going to work out. Then pull the rug-out from under your feet and destroy everything.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-11-2023 at 08:19 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    There is one thing I wanna know is how Apocalypse is going deal with Storm regarding about the ritual stuff. I know it sounds crazy since the whole Vulture stuff was kinda left behind until realised it wasn't unless the next issue prove it. Also, if Nova is dead. He won't likely be back since he isn't a mutant to get resurrected.
    He can be brought back. They brought back Steve Rogers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    (...)Storm's battle with the 4 Horsemen(Now Confirmed Omega Lvl Mutants) was Beautiful. The Horseman War is Joke. She is nothing to Storm. And I LOVE how Al Ewing explained how Storm is really an Omega lvl mutant in all things. LOL at Horseman Famine getting knocked out and War getting suffocated to Death. I personally, believe she killed them, but that's neither here or there. (...)
    They are kind of all "jokes" given how much they were hyped up, only to all get jobbed to Storm (and previously Wolverine in War's case), without any real victory or even good showing under their belt.

Here they are, the great (retroactively) first Horsemen of Apocalypse, the originals, the ones that set the bar seemingly so high all others look pale in comparison and they are done for allready.

From here on out, they will always be burdened with being defeated before getting victories or even good showing over a single X-men character, which for hyped up characters is much worse than those introduced as lessers.

Mighty Member

4 Horsemen continue to not be worth ****.

In other news, Water is wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    4 Horsemen continue to not be worth ****.

In other news, Water is wet.
    Death is bae, how dare you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

holy hell what a great issue.

I'm glad to finally see some agency given to mutants defending their homeland.

I feel like once Mags and Storm left Krakoa, Krakoa was left to the wolves; but Arrako gained legendary guardians and Ewing put them to work first Magneto being a total boss and now Storm being a Godly Queen.

I hope that the finally makes my heart pound like HOX/POX did

Tbh I don't think Nova is dead. They pointed out that death would safely be able to touch him RIGHT before he turned on his family. That's a clear solution to get him some aid in the next issue. IIRC a couple of mutants survived that arrow attack back in XoS. Also Ewing has a CLEAR affinity for the character and has been writing him for years. I doubt he permanently kills him off in such a lackluster way.

These Heralds of Apocalypse have cool designs but they are just cannon fodder.

Our good and old En Sabah Nur may have cried for relief when Arakko fell down and took their failed children with that.

Storm using the versatility of her powers, the way she should, and people complaining? Not surprised. It’s the nature of some people. Other characters can punch above their weight, but Storm simply at her level is too much for them. But they should know, even now, Storm is holding back. It’s the nature of the good guys.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Storm using the versatility of her powers, the way she should, and people complaining? Not surprised. It’s the nature of some people. Other characters can punch above their weight, but Storm simply at her level is too much for them. But they should know, even now, Storm is holding back. It’s the nature of the good guys.
    I'm not mad. I LOVED It.

It's not everyday you get to see her be Versatile when she uses her powers. I agree 100% with you SugarMan.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Astonishing Member

The Horsemen broke the 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not try Storm.