Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Daredevil: Born Again directors and writers let go.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ey-1235614518/

for some reason your link didn't work for me. Something was lost in the truncating of it I guess. Here is the link I and it seems to work.

Wow, that's...wow.

Astonishing Member

Daredevil didn't even show up in constume until episode 4?! Um, do they even know their audience?!

The lack of showrunners or anything resembling a typical television production explains so, so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Daredevil didn't even show up in constume until episode 4?! Um, do they even know their audience?!
    It would've been different but I'm not sure if they could've delivered on gripping enough lawyer stuff to tide people over until we finally saw Matt in the suit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The lack of showrunners or anything resembling a typical television production explains so, so much.

It would've been different but I'm not sure if they could've delivered on gripping enough lawyer stuff to tide people over until we finally saw Matt in the suit again.
    *Shrugs* What's David E. Kelly up to these days? You know you'd get a whole season, maybe two before he bails maybe that's enough to get the ball rolling.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I doubt any of us wanted 4 episodes of legal drama stuff before getting to DD in costume, like wow....they really dodged a bullet not running with this dreck
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I can only hope the changes are for the better. We'll see I guess. Whatever needs to be done to keep the show more inline with its Netflix predecessor, that's what I support.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

It gets worse according to that rumor on Karen and Foggy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    It gets worse according to that rumor on Karen and Foggy.
    Yeah, why aren't those guys coming back?

What a bizarre and insane choice. It'd be one thing if Matt's appearance in She-Hulk was only as "Matt Murdoch, attorney at law" and they were somehow leading up to him getting into costume in this reboot, but ... yeah, it sounds like Feige was smart to pull the plug on that.

I remember also that Vanessa Fisk, played by Kal-El's mom Ayelet Zurer, was going to be recast with Sandrine Holt. Hopefully that's off the table too.

Astonishing Member

Not for me. I will occasionally watch a legal drama, but three episodes of Daredevil without actually seeing Daredevil would not be for me.

Extraordinary Member

Here's the thing; they PAID for all that stuff they're not going to use. So the budget just shot way up. They are so dysfunctional. How anyone believed that stuff would fly...enough to actually shoot it...I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Here's the thing; they PAID for all that stuff they're not going to use. So the budget just shot way up. They are so dysfunctional. How anyone believed that stuff would fly...enough to actually shoot it...I don't know.
    We've said this in other topics but it bears repeating: We don't know the actual budgets nor the profit/loss margins, regardless of what is told. They could possibly write off things from what they're scrapping. Yes, Disney loses money sometimes but they overwhelmingly make more then they lose. So I'm sure this still benefits them.