Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Who are Marvel's Most Eligible Bachelorettes?

Consider this Marvel's version of a prime time dating show, only featuring our favorite heroines.

The simple criteria here: The candidate cannot have dated any other Marvel character -- hero, villain or otherwise. Not one. Not even in an alternate and/or retconned reality.

So with the above stipulation in mind, who comprises our list of Marvel's Most Eligible Bachelorettes?

(If this goes well, maybe we'll do a separate thread for the bachelors.)

Millie the Model?

Nadia Van Dyne
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

No alt universes puts a strain on things. I think Magik hasn't had a 616 canon relationship but I think she was with Kitty in one of the Secret Wars worlds.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    No alt universes puts a strain on things. I think Magik hasn't had a 616 canon relationship but I think she was with Kitty in one of the Secret Wars worlds.
    Yeah it does leave us with the various kids, like Valeria Richards, Moon Girl, Molly Hayes, Katie Power, etc. (and even then, I may have missed AU pairings involving some of all of them!).

Otherwise, it seems like almost everyone has dated, except for maybe some rarely used teen characters like Veil and Hazmat, from Avengers Academy, or some of the newer characters introduced during the Academy X (Trance, Network, Naiad, Preview, Dryad, Rubbermaid, Dust) or Avengers Initiative (Cloud 9, Armory, Mettle, Telemetry) days.

Yeah, I figured this would be tough sledding, but we're approaching nigh-impossible territory here. Maybe I'll strike the "alt reality" disqualifier. And maybe also open the door for anyone who has not dated another superhero/supervillain/super-supporting cast character (e.g., someone like Wyatt Wingfoot) in the last 5-10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Katie Power
    ^^^Katie Power and Franklin Richards have been shipped since way back in Power Pack’s original eighties book…

…and into at least one future alt reality!

Those two crazy kids just belong together I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    She was with Leah/Hela IIRC.
    I don't think there was a world where she was with Kitty, otherwise I would have remembered puking in my mouth.

Did Talisman from Alpha Flight date anybody?
    What about Shuri?
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Millie the Model?
    Millie's boyfriend was a photographer named Clicker. I don't think her rival Chili had a partner that I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Millie's boyfriend was a photographer named Clicker. I don't think her rival Chili had a partner that I recall.
    I think in Models Inc. they made her an ex of Johnny Storm.

Shiro (Sunfire)? I mean there was that Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends episode…

Edit: oh, we’re only doing females. Never mind.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in Models Inc. they made her an ex of Johnny Storm.
    Ah, ok...I was thinking of the series from the 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Shiro (Sunfire)? I mean there was that Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends episode…

Edit: oh, we’re only doing females. Never mind.
    I was going to do a similar thread for the bachelors next...but given the lack of female candidates in this thread, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Yeah, I figured this would be tough sledding, but we're approaching nigh-impossible territory here. Maybe I'll strike the "alt reality" disqualifier. And maybe also open the door for anyone who has not dated another superhero/supervillain/super-supporting cast character (e.g., someone like Wyatt Wingfoot) in the last 5-10 years.
    Sadly, or not, Dani Moonstar hasn't been shown in any kind of relationship since Fearless Defenders #9 which came out in September 2013. So, just over 10 years ago. Even in Age of X-man, where her love life was a factor, she and Nate had broken up. Nothing in any alt-reality, that I can think of, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah it does leave us with the various kids, like Valeria Richards, Moon Girl, Molly Hayes, Katie Power, etc. (and even then, I may have missed AU pairings involving some of all of them!).

Otherwise, it seems like almost everyone has dated, except for maybe some rarely used teen characters like Veil and Hazmat, from Avengers Academy, or some of the newer characters introduced during the Academy X (Trance, Network, Naiad, Preview, Dryad, Rubbermaid, Dust) or Avengers Initiative (Cloud 9, Armory, Mettle, Telemetry) days.
    Rubbermaid? Were her powers similar to Mister Fantastic and Ms. Marvel?

Veil and Mettle's lack of use is justified, Veil was depowered at the end of Avengers Academy, I think it turned out her powers were killing her, so she accepted a cure? Mettle (who's from Academy, not Initiative, Reptil's the one who debuted in Initiative first) was then killed off in Avengers Arena.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman