Default Godzilla 98 vs a Dune worm

The 1998 American Godzilla vs a worm from 2021 Dune

Astonishing Member

Worm. Eats crappy, fake G.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Worm. Eats crappy, fake G.
    Are we still doing this....

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

98 Godzilla still doesn't come off as impressive because unless the area is riddled with large obstacles and means to avoid being seen, 98 G is surprisingly vulnerable to modern heavy conventional weapons. Like an actual direct hit may as well do the trick as the finale showed as being trapped on a bridge getting pounded by a salvo of missiles from jets at direct line of sight flat out killed the kaiju.

Will give credit that 98 G is fast and crafty when realized he's outnumbered and the biggest threat is his numerous kids had they managed to leave their nest. But yeah, he's totally killable. If it was his son in the animated series, totally different story as he's more of a traditional kaiju.

That being said, not too sure how durable a worm from Dune is so can't really put my hat completely towards one.

Astonishing Member

The only weapon which could one shot a worm was said to be atomics. Look at the size of those things with teeth that gnaw through rocks. One question, does the Arena fill with sand so the worm can scoot around under the sand and come up under G. Yum, yum.

BTW, just having an F-18 simply hit G with a few small missiles - idiotic. Also, the helicopter use was stupid and the guns were not in the correct position for that copter. What a crap movie.

The only weapon which could one shot a worm was said to be atomics. Look at the size of those things with teeth that gnaw through rocks. One question, does the Arena fill with sand so the worm can scoot around under the sand and come up under G. Yum, yum.

BTW, just having an F-18 simply hit G with a few small missiles - idiotic. Also, the helicopter use was stupid and the guns were not in the correct position for that copter. What a crap movie.
    Well that and copious amounts of water, the worms of Arrakis don't react very well to that either which is why they destroy sources of moisture in their larval phase.

Granted, that's not especially relevant to the rumble, it is as you say regardless.

By default the arena is filled with sand, but more importantly is landlocked and has no extra structures, which favours Shai Hulud here anyway.

It'll be a pretty slow fight since of a giant armored worm and a giant iguana slamming into each other over and over again but I agree with the general assesment here.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

You know, come to think of it, it was implied G98 was moving through the New York subways REALLY rapidly, but we don't see that, probably for obvious reasons.

That said, I don't think G98 has any defense against it. It could tank helicopters, but not anti-ship missiles. I'm pretty sure Sandworms are impervious to anything not water.

Hold up is this zilla just from the movie? Because he got a big upgrade in the show CyberZilla

Astonishing Member

G98 was not taken down by antiship missiles. IIRC, they were Sidewinders from appearance which aren't usually used against ground targets. Also, the helicopters while Apaches were not shown to be used correctly. Their 30mm guns were not used and instead fire was coming from their sides - where their guns aren't. Also, they flew at the same level of G which was idiotic. Nor, IIRC - but correct me - did they use Hellfire antitank missiles, instead just shooting guns.

I don't recall G absorbing tank fire either in any significant amount. Modern antitank rounds should have gone right through him/her.

The worm just kills him in a below ground up to G chomp.

BTW, the helicopters in Kong were also used stupidly. Kong being a big piece of normal flesh was given PIS all the time in his appearances.

Extraordinary Member

G98 was not taken down by antiship missiles. IIRC, they were Sidewinders from appearance which aren't usually used against ground targets.
    I mean whatever they were, they bluew up Madison Square Garden with them. So that gives us an indication of what kind of power they were packing.

Not that it really changes the outcome here

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I mean, if its an Arena filled with sand, then I don't see Zilla having a chance. Its fast and all but its going to tire out and I don't see it having the offensive capabilities to take it down.

Eventually that worm eats him.