Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Crisis of Infinite Earths animated movie opinions and questions

Since DC is doing an animated movie based on the Crisis of Infinite Earths IMHO, they should include the past present and future of DC with characters that are from all the imprints could be an epic chance to show the masses there is more to DC than Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Now for my questions:

1) Should DC do just the original story or a revamped version?

2)Would you like to see characters from other Imprints like Elseworlds, Milestone, Tangent, Vertigo, and Wildstorm ?

3)Should we have animated series like Young Justice, Superfriends & Batman Beyond (Love to see Hall of Doom in the movie)?

4)Should the Dark Multiverse be involved?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Since DC is doing an animated movie based on the Crisis of Infinite Earths IMHO, they should include the past present and future of DC with characters that are from all the imprints could be an epic chance to show the masses there is more to DC than Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Now for my questions:
    Revamped

2)Would you like to see characters from other Imprints like Elseworlds, Milestone, Tangent, Vertigo, and Wildstorm ?
    Would be great but don't see it happening

3)Should we have animated series like Young Justice, Superfriends & Batman Beyond (Love to see Hall of Doom in the movie)?
    Yes I would
    Not right now
    Last edited by red winter; 10-12-2023 at 11:34 AM.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

1) The original story had very specific references to things that were going on in the various books and kind of required a working knowledge of the history of the DCU. So a scaled down version like the Arrowverse did would probably be best.

2) Yes, kind of. As long as they didn't play too prominent a role.

3) I would love to see it be an animated version of the Arrowverse version. Featuring the various animated universes. But it also depends on how they are handled. I didn't like how Smallville was handled in the Arrowverse version, for instance.

4) No. Most people don't even know what that is. Keep it as simple and new viewer friendly as possible.
    Assassinate Putin!

^^^Just do the original story, don’t try and “improve” it.

^^^Nope.

^^^Nope.

^^^**** no.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

There are some things that will need to be skipped over and potentially replaced with other story beats...but there are beats that must be included namely the deaths of Supergirl and Barry Allen.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member

I have no confidence in this project. It won't be a faithful adaptation of the original series -- so why even bother?

Mighty Member

The first report we got on this movie before it was formally announced mentioned it was "a love letter to DC animation", so I expect to see characters from those shows rather than the universes shown in the event.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    The first report we got on this movie before it was formally announced mentioned it was "a love letter to DC animation", so I expect to see characters from those shows rather than the universes shown in the event.
    ^^^If you’re going to veer that far away from the source material…why not just call it something else?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Will the characters appear in their classic, Pre-COIE forms, which in terms of animation, haven't been seen since the SUPERFRIENDS days?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014