Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ghost Machine

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/ghos...previews-here/

Previews for Redcoat, Rook Exodus and Geiger issue 1.

Redcoat was a fun but light read.

Rook Exodus was exposition heavy and more dry but it kept my interest.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-03-2024 at 10:11 AM.

I enjoyed Geiger #1 but I was blown away by Rook Exodus. Johns and Fabok knocked it out of the park and if they can keep up the quality of this first issue then they could have something very special with this series.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Amazing Member

Big week for Ghost Machine. While I think they will spread out a bit next month, they dropped the first three ongoings the same day to launch the monthly titles.

Rook was my favorite of the three. The story not surprisingly felt better in the 48 page first issue over the Preview. The art is mind blowing. I'm not sure how long he can keep up this level of quality, but it really sucked me into this Mad Max in space adventure.

Geiger was my second favorite. For me Geiger had the best story out of the three, and I really enjoyed the addition of the Nuclear Knight. This issue did a better job of grabbing me then the original mini. Gary Frank of course is amazing.

Redcoat rounds out the three. For me this felt more like an information dump then the other two. Maybe it was because Rook had more pages, or maybe it was the lack of a mission that the other two seemed to have. I wonder if this isn't going to be a series of tiny adventures like Voyagers or Quantum Leap. The art was good, and I am looking forward to see how entrenched in American history/how powerful Ben's mystic cult is. I assume they will feature heavily in the series.

The books themselves keep up the high quality as far as cover stock and paper quality. Colors and lettering is great. Not to pick on Redcoat, but I'm not sure I need the cursive first letter sprinkled throughout the issue. The books just flat out look fantastic. They also all had a Who's Who entry in all three. I'm guessing when they get enough of these we will get a Who's Who special.

I picked up all three issues that came out this week and I'm looking forward to reading them.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Picked up all 3 and all 3 were amazing. Art story, quality of the books. High quality cardstock covers heavier paper stock inside, helped the art / colors explode off the pages. Rook being 48 pages with the cardstock cover would have been an $8 comic at Marvel. Are Redcoat and Rook 6 issue mini's? Pretty sure Redcoat is, not sure on Rook.

Amazing Member

I don't know.

I assumed they were all ongoing actually. I'd rather a break between issues than constant renumbering. I'm pretty sure Hitch can keep a monthly schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Lore View Post
    I don't know.

I assumed they were all ongoing actually. I'd rather a break between issues than constant renumbering. I'm pretty sure Hitch can keep a monthly schedule.
    They already relaunched Geiger so i could see them do relaunches depending on sales.

Fantastic Member

Reading all 3 books my ranking would be:

Rook Exodus
    Geiger
    Redcoat

Rook Exodus having a lot more time to breathe was exactly the comic I expected it to be and kept me hooked throughout that I honestly didn't want the issue to end. Geiger I thought I would be lost on having not read anything prior (I know there is a new hardcover coming in June that will be an easy catch-up of the previously released material) and while I can tell that it is zooming with the confidence of having done a lot of leg work previously, I enjoyed the story and really like the Nuclear Knight. Redcoat was surprisingly just okay to me as I enjoyed the snippet in the Ghost Machine one shot more than this. Not to say it was bad, but it just felt like we got a bit of character with Simon and then several concepts thrown at us while not spending too much time on any one particular thing. Feels like it needs a few issues to get a good flow going but I'm sure the team will be up to the task. Of course, the art is gorgeous throughout all these books with that exact order above being how I would rank that but no slouches here. If there is one fault of the launch is having all the books written by Johns when maybe something like The Rocketfellers could have come out sooner for something very different and a different voice but I will say Johns shows an incredible range with these three wildly different books.

https://comicon.com/2024/04/18/image...-at-redcoat-2/

Redcoat issue 2 preview.

EDIT- i picked up Geiger volume 1. Its a solid read.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-20-2024 at 10:23 AM.