Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Jeff Parker, please.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Anyone who can maintain a consistent schedule is the bare minimum at this point.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Jeremy Adams
    Robert Venditti
    Maybe PKJ if Waid or Aaron are taking over Action???

I would also hazard a huge guess that IF DC decides to continue the book, this would be a great time to start over with a new #1. I love Johns' work, but the lateness of this book has been preposterous regardless of who's at fault. As such, this would be a great place to start over and be like hey look...it's all new and different and coming out on time (hopefully.)
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 10-12-2023 at 11:14 AM.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

James Robinson definitely loved his Starman run along with his Stargirl
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

This is a HUGE disapointment for me. I love Johns JSA. Nobody gets the characters like him IMO. At least no writers since Roy Thomas. If it has to be anyone I would pick Jeremy Adams.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    This is a HUGE disapointment for me. I love Johns JSA. Nobody gets the characters like him IMO. At least no writers since Roy Thomas. If it has to be anyone I would pick Jeremy Adams.

I feel pretty much the same but mostly because most of the other writers who have written the JSA since Johns were either mediocre or horrible. That being said, I would give one of the following writers a shot:

Jeremy Adams
    Robert Vendetti
    James Robinson
    Mark Waid
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Yeah if Johns is really gone then I’d throw my in pick for Jeremy Adams. His Flash run and the fact he’s working on the Jay Garrick and Judy Garrick mini make me feel like he’d be perfect.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

All good suggestions. Adams is writing Jay's solo mini. Robinson was Johns' predecessor as JSA writer and is the only other one to have written Stargirl's solo book. Venditti had a run on Hawkman and is doing the Sandman mini. Waid is a historian, he knows the comics like the back of his hand, that's why his World's Finest books are so good.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Despite being King of the Boomers, Waid actually has no interest in doing a JSA book per his last Word Balloon interview.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

So I wonder what this means for Johns' plans for the Legion? I was hoping he would bring back the retroboot version. Is all the palace intrigue the reason for the JSA delays just like with Doomsday Clock?

As long as this potential new writer brings Cyclone to the roster, I'm okay with who is put in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    I see only One man for thé JSA : Robert Venditti. This man show many Time he Can write a JSA title.
    Haven't read enough by him to really get a feel if he would work. Avoided his Hawkman series because the non-linear reincarnation and even adding in other planets seemed too convoluted a way to "simplify" the Hawkmen-mess.
    (And the one issue I bought / read with the JSA seemed mediocre to me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Despite being King of the Boomers, Waid actually has no interest in doing a JSA book per his last Word Balloon interview.
    I listened to that episode too and was surprised when he said that.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Tom King, please.

Failing that, Major Hoy.

Man this whole JSA relaunch has been such a clusterf#%*.

When Johns calls dibs on characters they’re basically off limits to other creators. So the JSA has been cordoned off from the rest of the DCU. But any excitement and interest in the relaunch is killed by the massive delays.

It happened to the JSA before with Doomsday Clock. No one was allowed to mention the JSA until Johns’ plans to bring them back into continuity were done. It took so long that they finally let Scott Snyder use them in his underwhelming Justice League run. It was a lackluster return for the team.

Now he’s leaving right in the middle of his big JSA storyline.

The thing that I’m really sad about is that we won’t get to see his plans for the Legion. I really wanted to see if he was gonna bring back the classic team and we would be officially done with Bendis’ crappy LoS.

Since Mark Waid is Mr. Nostalgia maybe he would be a good fit for the JSA.
    Last edited by Robotman; 10-12-2023 at 02:24 PM.