Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Since Mark Waid is Mr. Nostalgia maybe he would be a good fit for the JSA.

Waid has no interest...see above.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Jeremy Adams
    Robert Venditti
    Maybe PKJ if Waid or Aaron are taking over Action???

I would also hazard a huge guess that IF DC decides to continue the book, this would be a great time to start over with a new #1. I love Johns' work, but the lateness of this book has been preposterous regardless of who's at fault. As such, this would be a great place to start over and be like hey look...it's all new and different and coming out on time (hopefully.)
    ^^^This.
    I really want Johns on the book, but, I want a viable, on time, going to last a while book even more.

Extraordinary Member

Who wrote JSA vs Kobra? I quite liked that. The art was nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Eric Trautman (with Don Kramer on pencils and Daniel Babinski inks.) Haven't seen anything of him a good while, but yes, would definitely welcome him back.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    ^^^If it’s the book I’m looking at right now…Eric Trautmann.

He’s worked on Flash Gordon and Mighty Crusaders, which are JSA-ish in tone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^If it’s the book I’m looking at right now…Eric Trautmann.

He’s worked on Flash Gordon and Mighty Crusaders, which are JSA-ish in tone.
    Yeah, now that you guys reminded me, it was him. I thought it felt very JSA, and was a good story with pretty good characterization.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Man this whole JSA relaunch has been such a clusterf#%*.

When Johns calls dibs on characters they’re basically off limits to other creators. So the JSA has been cordoned off from the rest of the DCU. But any excitement and interest in the relaunch is killed by the massive delays.

It happened to the JSA before with Doomsday Clock. No one was allowed to mention the JSA until Johns’ plans to bring them back into continuity were done. It took so long that they finally let Scott Snyder use them in his underwhelming Justice League run. It was a lackluster return for the team.

Now he’s leaving right in the middle of his big JSA storyline.

The thing that I’m really sad about is that we won’t get to see his plans for the Legion. I really wanted to see if he was gonna bring back the classic team and we would be officially done with Bendis’ crappy LoS.

Since Mark Waid is Mr. Nostalgia maybe he would be a good fit for the JSA.

Off limits? Power Girl, Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, & Wesley Dodds all have series without Johns on the creative teams for any of these books. Jay was also used quite often in Jeremy Adams' recent Flash run.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Assuming that dc doesn't just scuttle the whole thing:
    I couldn't tell you who I'd like to see take over except in general terms. Relaunch the book, pick a consistent team( all the back and forth between timelines made me dizzy,) do something with the lost children, particularly the harlequins son, and for gods sake, stay the heck away from World war 2.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But we'll be stuck to all of his latest bastard legacy sidekicks for who knows how long . . .
    Most of them I could care less about, but red lantern and harlequins son were interesting ideas.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind if whomever took over, sent Helena Wayne back to her timeline. We already have Helena Bertinelli as the Huntress...we really dont need another, unless they are going to go back to pre-Crisis and grab the real Helena Wayne, Huntress and use her.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Most of them I could care less about, but red lantern and harlequins son were interesting ideas.
    ^^^I like The Boom.

Man this whole JSA relaunch has been such a clusterf#%*.

When Johns calls dibs on characters they’re basically off limits to other creators. So the JSA has been cordoned off from the rest of the DCU. But any excitement and interest in the relaunch is killed by the massive delays.

It happened to the JSA before with Doomsday Clock. No one was allowed to mention the JSA until Johns’ plans to bring them back into continuity were done. It took so long that they finally let Scott Snyder use them in his underwhelming Justice League run. It was a lackluster return for the team.

Now he’s leaving right in the middle of his big JSA storyline.
    We don't know when he's leaving the title. The exclusivity with Ghost Machine doesn't kick in until the creators finish up their previous obligations elsewhere and we don't know yet what that means with Johns and the JSA (at least I'm not aware if anything has been said specifically by Johns or DC).

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Assuming that dc doesn't just scuttle the whole thing:
    I couldn't tell you who I'd like to see take over except in general terms. Relaunch the book, pick a consistent team( all the back and forth between timelines made me dizzy,) do something with the lost children, particularly the harlequins son, and for gods sake, stay the heck away from World war 2.
    "Assuming DC doesn't scuttle the whole thing" is my biggest concern. Was the "New Golden Age" something Johns was pushing big time and DC put up with? Does DC have faith in someone else doing a JSA book? I don't know, but there is worry on my part.

As for who, James Robinson is top of the list. His Starman and Golden Age show he knows his stuff and has shown his love for the franchise. His Earth 2 was fairly well received considering the considerable editorial tweaking and the cluster***k it became after his leaving. I'm not sure if either DC or Robinson is open to his return to JSA, though.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

For the most part I had stopped reading DC comics a few years prior to the New Golden Age so I don't know a lot of the newer writers. James Robinson and Mark Waid are writers that would keep me reading. Vindetti's work is a bit hit and miss for me.

The current GL, Flash, and Sandman minis could easily be considered an unofficial tryout for a JSA post.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?