Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Fair enough assessment(s).
    Given his body of work at DC and the archetypes he’s used in his Black Hammer books though, the JSA is a toy box I’d like to see him play with.
    100% agree that on the tone of the book alone, Lemire would be a very solid choice. He "get's it".

I think Lemire has said that his last two DC books (Robin and Batman, Swamp Thing Green Hell) were his last and he is going to focus on his own projects from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think Lemire has said that his last two DC books (Robin and Batman, Swamp Thing Green Hell) were his last and he is going to focus on his own projects from now on.
    That’s a real shame. Based on his Black Hammer for Dark Horse he would have been ideal.

Ah, it would’ve been nice, though!

Astonishing Member

If I'm not mistaken, he worked on Green Lantern series for 5G, but then it was shut down, which is why he doesn't really want to work for DC or Marvel anymore. At least that's what he implied later, when he was asked about it.

Why not Sholly Fisch?

I wonder if Fisch just doesn't want to deal with mainstream DC comics? I think he hasn't really written anything asides of few short stories since he did backups and few one-shots for Morrison's Action run.

I wonder if Fisch just doesn't want to deal with mainstream DC comics? I think he hasn't really written anything asides of few short stories since he did backups and few one-shots for Morrison's Action run.
    Well, he still still does the occasional Scooby-Doo related story, but does he also do some stuff published by independent companies?

Spectacular Member

Johns-Is-Off-JSA-Who-Should-Take-Over

Me

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I always get a chuckle out of creators becoming frustrated with the Big-Two and trying to form their own company, only to turn around and run that company like the Big-Two.

Kurt Busiek, please.

Only one that comes to mind is James Robinson. Though it's been a long while since he's done anything, IMHO, really worthwhile, I'd be willing to see what he'd do with a regular JSA book (at least longer than the half a dozen issues in which he colaborated in the launch of the late 90's JSA). His work on Starman and Golden Age with the characters was really good.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I always get a chuckle out of creators becoming frustrated with the Big-Two and trying to form their own company, only to turn around and run that company like the Big-Two.
    Ah early Image.

As it turns out just because your a good artist doesn't necessarily make you a good writer....... or good businessmen really.

Screenshot_20231016-164358.jpg
    What bugs me is they are doing this a year and JSA is just in nr. 06..they all know that its coming and DC do nothing to prevent...

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    Screenshot_20231016-164358.jpg
    What bugs me is they are doing this a year and JSA is just in nr. 06..they all know that its coming and DC do nothing to prevent...
    Having Geoff Johns writing books for other companies isn't new news.
    And who knows if the "exclusive to Image" part was in the original plan or not.
    (It might also explain why DC originally said Justice Society of America was going to be a 12-issue run.)