Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So till 2025?
    No, 12 issues, not 10...

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I always get a chuckle out of creators becoming frustrated with the Big-Two and trying to form their own company, only to turn around and run that company like the Big-Two.

All while featuring exclusively new characters that no-one asked for. While I'll miss some of these creators(especially Johns & Fabok), my money will still exclusively go to DC Comics.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    All while featuring exclusively new characters that no-one asked for.
    ^^^One thing I remember about Image when it debuted was (with a few notable exceptions) the characters seemed so damn generic. At least to me.

And the more books they cranked out (Cyberforce, Wetworks, Bloodstryke, Brigade…) the more generic the characters became.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    All while featuring exclusively new characters that no-one asked for. While I'll miss some of these creators(especially Johns & Fabok), my money will still exclusively go to DC Comics.
    While using characters with the serial numbers scraped off.

I mean, are we gonna pretend that two of the characters aren't just GI Robot and a revamped Atomic Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    While using characters with the serial numbers scraped off.

I mean, are we gonna pretend that two of the characters aren't just GI Robot and a revamped Atomic Knight?
    ^^^Hey at least we finally got the GI Robot Series we’ve deserved for decades now.

Alternate Company equivalents are always going to be a thing, and the Big Two can’t throw stones in that regard as they do it themselves.

Sad thing is that if they actually did these revamps for GI and Atomic Knight then likely very few people would have actually cared. But as "new" properties? There is interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Alternate Company equivalents are always going to be a thing, and the Big Two can’t throw stones in that regard as they do it themselves.
    Yeah, Aquaman is one, he debuted a couple of years after Namor the Sub-Mariner.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Aquaman is one, he debuted a couple of years after Namor the Sub-Mariner.
    ^^^Exactly.

A case of monkey see sea monkey do! (oh that was just bad)

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Sad thing is that if they actually did these revamps for GI and Atomic Knight then likely very few people would have actually cared. But as "new" properties? There is interest.
    Wait what are the alternate equivalents that Ghost Machine is dojng?

I'd like to see Kurt Busiek write JSA in the same way he constructed Astro City. Those stories always had an undertone of such a rich history that always needed to be explored. I think this fits the JSA perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I'd like to see Kurt Busiek write JSA in the same way he constructed Astro City. Those stories always had an undertone of such a rich history that always needed to be explored. I think this fits the JSA perfectly.
    ^^^Wow, if he committed to doing something like that, I’d do be there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Wow, if he committed to doing something like that, I’d do be there.
    Yeah, he'd be great. He's just a superior writer, great at characterization, plotting, just great all around---and everybody loves Astro City. But you know the one I'd want above all others, if only death could be conquered? Darwyn Cooke. He'd have been perfect; and his death was crushing. The sadness of that continues, knowing what he could have done if only fate had been kinder.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-17-2023 at 04:38 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Wait what are the alternate equivalents that Ghost Machine is dojng?
    Like I said, Atomic Knight and GI Robot

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, he'd be great. He's just a superior writer, great at characterization, plotting, just great all around---and everybody loves Astro City. But you know the one I'd want above all others, if only death could be conquered? Darwyn Cooke. He'd have been perfect; and his death was crushing. The sadness of that continues, knowing what he could have done if only fate had been kinder.
    ^^^Damn, so true. Now I’m sad.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Like I said, Atomic Knight and GI Robot
    Yeah but what of the Ghost Machine announcements feels like similarities to those characters?

I am unfamiliar with GI Robot and Atomic Knight so its not as evident to me.