Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Of these, Jonny Quest interests me.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why aren't these at DC? I thought all WB comics were published by DC, since they own it. Instead, they licence some properties out, to the same company already doing a few Disney comics!
    More money is to be made licensing them to others.

And I would distribution might play in this.

I know for my school district we can order almost every title (except The Boys and some Conan, Vampirella and Red Sonja due to content) from Dynamite. Yet we can't do that for a LOT of DC books including the Future Quest books that were somewhat kid friendly.

And lets face it how many variants will Dynamite toss out with these guys???? I own too many of the Disney ones that resulted in me reading all of them.

Of all the Dynamite Disneys, I only got Maleficent, which very much impressed me. How'd it strike you? And in comparison to Maleficent, ANY other D-D compare favorably?
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Liking the character designs so far, keeping it modern yet faithful to the original. Series also sound like a reboot at least it's not Thundercats roar.

Not half-bad .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    weird, but as a 80-90's kid it's hard to pass up on Thundercats.
    Agreed!

Although I thought the same about the recent Masters of the Universe book but I didn’t love it.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Exactly, licensing is guaranteed money without production costs tied to it. If you make it yourself, and it does well, you could make more, but in today's market your more likely to barely make a profit if not lose money on it, so taking the safe money is often the way to go. It's the licensee who shoulders the risk, not the rights owner.
    And depending on the licensing agreement, DC could always get that back later on if the Discovery/WB heads see enough popularity with the books after Dynamite has been producing them for a while.

Mighty Member

The first issue of Thundercats included a tease for an upcoming Space Ghost comic by Daniel Pepose and Jonathan Lau, scheduled for this May.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And depending on the licensing agreement, DC could always get that back later on if the Discovery/WB heads see enough popularity with the books after Dynamite has been producing them for a while.
    Disney sort of did that to Boom Studios with Darkwing Duck and Ducktales-the books did sell but they lost the rights back to Disney.

Who went elsewhere and I think the same thing happened again.

I think this is why Dynamite is doing short runs now.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It appears there has been an under the radar announcement for a new Space Ghost series appearing in May. From Newsarama: Space Ghost has been announced as the newest title in Dynamite's line of cartoon based licensed comics, following the recently released Thundercats #1. Written by David Pepose with art from Jonathan Lau, Space Ghost was stealthily announced with an ad in the back of Dynamite's Thundercats #1. Writer Pepose confirmed the announcement a few days later with the release of a teaser image for the new series, seen below.
    Full article here...

sg.jpg

Edited to add a textless preview is available here...
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/firs...s-space-ghost/
    Last edited by OBrianTallent; 02-15-2024 at 07:04 AM.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Incredible Member

Just saw some of the preview art for Space Ghost over at Bleeding Cool. I am... intrigued, I think? But, my only exposure to Pepose's writing was last year's Moon Knight mini-series, which was fairly bland.

OMG! Hopefully, this will be as memorable as the Alex Ross version...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

of these listed, perhaps Jonny Quest will intrigue me.

I hope we also get a modern take on the Herculoids as well.