Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Will Payton.

Hate to derail this thread, but whatever happened to Will after that overly complicated JLA Perpetua storyline? I kinda like him with white hair, too.

Astonishing Member

Green Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Green Arrow
    Why stick him with the JSA?

He's got two other teams: Justice League of America and the (non-Morrison version) Seven Soldiers of Victory.

Extraordinary Member

The new Red Canary

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The new Red Canary
    ^^^Interesting choice!
    I like that she was just a normal person inspired to take up the Canary mantle. And she got thrown into the deep end right away w. a multiversal adventure. She’s got moxy.

I once thought about the Superman/Batman standins being villians so I would've retconned the Reaper, WRAITH, and Myrna Black into the JSA history.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/William_T...rth)?so=search
    William would've been a good addition for Helena's alternate JSA lineup from issue 2.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-13-2023 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/William_T...rth)?so=search
    William would've been a good addition for Helena's alternate JSA lineup from issue 2.
    ^^^William’s a good choice period.
    I’d love to see how he and Jakeem Thunder would or wouldn’t get along.

Extraordinary Member

Damn. I keep forgetting about Willpower, the last JSA offspring that was never address in the 1999- to Flashpoint run.

Incredible Member

Sylvester Pemberton.

It's time, he's been dead way, way, wayyyyyy longer than I believe is legally comic book logic allowed. Bring back Skyman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Damn. I keep forgetting about Willpower, the last JSA offspring that was never address in the 1999- to Flashpoint run.
    You were the one that brought him to my attention in the other thread so thanks.

On topic- Yara Flor and City Boy as both are outsiders to the superhero community so they could serve as POV characters for a title.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-13-2023 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    Sylvester Pemberton.

It's time, he's been dead way, way, wayyyyyy longer than I believe is legally comic book logic allowed. Bring back Skyman!!!
    Here's an interesting comparison. There's been an argument against Green Arrow because he's a Seven Soldiers guy. I suppose GA's Earth One and JL experience has pretty much separated him from the GA E2 crowd. But with Johns bringing Wing back, it seems patently unfair to leave Sylvester dead as well. With so many revamps and reality shuffles, it's certainly easy to bring him back. As for why not, Stripsey has been claimed by Stargirl and Courtney's current status would probably supersede Sylvester's in deciding where Pat Dugan goes. As long as we're talking deceased soldiers, Lee Travis' death seems to be close to Marvel's Mar-Vell in the telling of that story and being almost irreversible. It's all going to depend on what the individual reader prefers regarding the team. Me, I love the original 7SV. I liked Morrison's version also, but the originals fill a place in my heart relying heavily on personality moreso than nearly non-existent powers.

Sylvester though was strongly affiliated with the JSA back in the return of All-Star. He may have been an actual member unless he was the only member of the "Super Squad" to not have that distinction.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Sylvester though was strongly affiliated with the JSA back in the return of All-Star. He may have been an actual member unless he was the only member of the "Super Squad" to not have that distinction.
    As far as I know, he was an actual member of the JSA and still active long after they dropped the "Super Squad" theme. He eventually left as an active member to help form/finance Infinity Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    As long as we're talking deceased soldiers, Lee Travis' death seems to be close to Marvel's Mar-Vell in the telling of that story and being almost irreversible.
    ^^^And that’s both cool and crappy.
    He’s the first Mystery Man; seeing him in the present and how he reacts to/feels about everything that’s happened in the superhero community and the world in general is something I’d like to see.

It doesn’t even have to be a permanent return. Like Mar-Vell’s return during the war w. the Chaos King a short resurrection would be something for diehard fans of Lee Travis (the few of us that are out there) to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    He’s the first Mystery Man; seeing him in the present and how he reacts to/feels about everything that’s happened in the superhero community and the world in general is something I’d like to see.

It doesn’t even have to be a permanent return. Like Mar-Vell’s return during the war w. the Chaos King a short resurrection would be something for diehard fans of Lee Travis (the few of us that are out there) to enjoy.
    We saw him in the Stargirl Spring Break Special.

And we don't to resurrect him in the present. I'd rather see new stories with him set back during the Golden Age.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

And we don't to resurrect him in the present.