Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Manhunter (Kate Spencer) would be a good choice.

She’s got one of DC’s most Golden age centric family trees, stretching back to Abednego Danner, and includes Phantom Lady and the Knight family.
    Plus she’s just a cool/cool looking character.
    And she was brought into the Justice Society of America prior to Flashpoint (which was why she made my list a few posts back).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And she was brought into the Justice Society of America prior to Flashpoint (which was why she made my list a few posts back).
    No one can use a Google search engine like you, bruddah!

I'd really like to see Charlie Bullock join. Who? you might be asking. He's the kid that saved Wildcat's hide back when the Justice Society briefly appeared in Adventure Comics (this was pre-Crisis), and he inspired Wildcat to leave the team in search of the JSA's future. I got that tale when it came out, and I've always wanted to see who Wildcat would find and train to be in the team. Sadly, nothing came out of this, because Roy Thomas and Jerry Ordway a few years later decided to take another route with Infinity Inc (which, don't get me wrong, I loved). I've always imagined Ted giving Charlie the deceased TNT's rings, which would grant him explosive punches, as TNT II.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 04-06-2024 at 06:04 AM.

No one can use a Google search engine like you, bruddah!
    What "Google search"?

She was in the mess that Marc Guggenheim wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'd really like to see Charlie Bullock join. Who? you might be asking. He's the kid that saved Wildcat's hide back when the Justice Society briefly appeared in Adventure Comics (this was pre-Crisis), and he inspired Wildcat to leave the team in search of the JSA's future. I got that tale when it came out, and I've always wanted to see who Wildcat would find and train to be in the team. Sadly, nothing came out of this, because Roy Thomas and Jerry Ordway a few yars later decided to take another route with Ifinity Inc (which, don't get me wrong, I loved). I've always imagined Ted giving Charlie the deceased TNT's rings, which would grant him explosive punches, as TNT II.

Peace
    ^^^I Googled the name and, could this be the same guy?

A kid from Earth-2 trained by Ted Grant who became a lawyer and took up the costumed identity Blackwing after his idol Batman. He teamed w. Huntress occasionally and technically beat Tim Fox and David Zavimbe in being the first black “Batman”?

Last edited by Riv86672; 10-16-2023 at 12:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

He no longer exists due to crisis on infinite earth. But I always assumed the
    moniker, Batwing, was an homage to him.

^^^I Googled the name and, could this be the same guy?

A kid from Earth-2 trained by Ted Grant who became a lawyer and took up the costumed identity Blackwing after his idol Batman. He teamed w. Huntress occasionally and technically beat Tim Fox and David Zavimbe in being the first black “Batman”?

It probably is. Charlie was a black kid, and I never really kept up with all the Huntress back-up stories. Nice to know they followed up on the story. Blackwing costume's reminds me a bit of the one worn by the Squadron Supreme's Nighthawk.

Peace

Amazing Man should be a JSA mainstay.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Amazing Man should be a JSA mainstay.
    But, unless there's been a retcon, Amazing Man was never a member of the Justice Society of America until Marcus Clay joined in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He no longer exists due to crisis on infinite earth. But I always assumed the
    moniker, Batwing, was an homage to him.
    ^^^Kinda sad;
    I don’t remember him at all. If Nomads1 hadn’t mentioned him I never would’ve known!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    It probably is. Charlie was a black kid, and I never really kept up with all the Huntress back-up stories. Nice to know they followed up on the story. Blackwing costume's reminds me a bit of the one worn by the Squadron Supreme's Nighthawk.

Peace
    ^^^This is cool, I learned about a new (old) character today, thanks!
    And looking at it yeah, his suit does have a Nighthawk vibe to it!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, unless there's been a retcon, Amazing Man was never a member of the Justice Society of America until Marcus Clay joined in 2008.
    Well yeah he’s not even an actual Golden Age character. But I think he’s a super cool hero (whose origin has him starting in the 1940s) and it would be cool if DC added him and his legacies to a new JSA lineup.

Well yeah he’s not even an actual Golden Age character. But I think he’s a super cool hero (whose origin has him starting in the 1940s) and it would be cool if DC added him and his legacies to a new JSA lineup.
    ^^^Exactly.
    When done well, an addition like yours can add so much to a character.

But I don't know if the original Amazing Man is alive today, and the first grandson (Will Everett III) died, so I believe that just leaves Marcus (who I had on my list I posted on a previous page).

Unfortunately, who knows what will be happening to the concept of the JSA after Johns is gone from DC in the not too distant future . . . .

Milestone's Icon
    Etrigan the Demon
    Mento

Captain Triumph.

DC has him as an A.S.S. member during WWII which was the catchall for DC’s mystery men but I’d like him in the modern day JSA.