Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Captain Triumph.

DC has him as an A.S.S. member during WWII which was the catchall for DC’s mystery men but I’d like him in the modern day JSA.

He’s probably still in prison right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    He’s probably still in prison right now.
    Ah, comic book prisons have revolving doors!

Captain Triumph.

DC has him as an A.S.S. member during WWII which was the catchall for DC’s mystery men but I’d like him in the modern day JSA.
    The thing about Captain Triumph is that he first appeared in Crack Comics #27 (cover-dated January 1943 and published in November 1942), but I don't think Roy Thomas ever got that far in the stories.

Aside from a picture of him practically hidden on the cover of All-Star Squadron #1,

I don't know if he ever made it into the stories.

There were a couple of Who's Who in the DC Universe entries that had him as a member:

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XXVI (April 1987)

from Who's Who Update '87 #1 (August 1987)

^^^Yup, I Googled all the same sites you just did!

I simply want him on the team.

Spectacular Member

Somebody on another thread suggested Bob Hope. His comic started in 1950, just enough time to be in the original team.

I wouldn't mind having Airwave on the team. Not the kid version who was just rescued in the Stargirl series, but the older one with the updated blue and yellow costume who helped Hal Jordan out in the Morrison GL series. He was a backup/reserve member back in the last JSA heyday run.

My other choice would be Jonni Thunder. Similar setup to Jakeem but different enough to not feel redundant. Plus, the idea of a tough-as-nails plainclothes PI hanging out with a bunch of brightly-costumed characters appeals to me. I don't always love it, but every once in a while I like seeing someone just wearing a suit or something set amongst all the spandex, but as an equal member, not a support character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I wouldn't mind having Airwave on the team. Not the kid version who was just rescued in the Stargirl series, but the older one with the updated blue and yellow costume who helped Hal Jordan out in the Morrison GL series. He was a backup/reserve member back in the last JSA heyday run.

My other choice would be Jonni Thunder. Similar setup to Jakeem but different enough to not feel redundant. Plus, the idea of a tough-as-nails plainclothes PI hanging out with a bunch of brightly-costumed characters appeals to me. I don't always love it, but every once in a while I like seeing someone just wearing a suit or something set amongst all the spandex, but as an equal member, not a support character.
    Isn’t the kid version in the Lost Children suppose to be the same version from Morrison’s story and the same one who became Airwave, but pulled through time from an earlier point in his life?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t the kid version in the Lost Children suppose to be the same version from Morrison’s story and the same one who became Airwave, but pulled through time from an earlier point in his life?
    Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure how that worked. Most other kids' lives stopped when they were taken, but in Airwave's case it would mean the events of the Stargirl mini would have already occurred/been resolved years before he had his adventure with Hal (from his perspective), which was chronologically presented prior to the mini's events (at least from Stargirl's perspective).

Or, you know, the multiverse rebooted eight or nine times between the two stories.

^^^Yup, I Googled all the same sites you just did!

I simply want him on the team.
    What's with this "googled" crap?

I didn't have to google anything for these since I own the books in question and/or know where to get the info/illustrations without googling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    ^^^I thought I remembered Airwave actually related to Hal.
    Googled it and yeah, they’re cousins!

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-annual-air-wave/

Not sure if I’m telling you something you already know, but you didn’t mention it so I figured I’d bring it up.

^^^I thought I remembered Airwave actually related to Hal.
    Googled it and yeah, they’re cousins!

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-annual-air-wave/

Not sure if I’m telling you something you already know, but you didn’t mention it so I figured I’d bring it up.
    Some of us read / still own the issue that introduced Airwave as Hal's cousin . . .

Green Lantern #100 (January 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Some of us read / still own the issue that introduced Airwave as Hal's cousin . . .

Green Lantern #100 (January 1978)

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

DC character: Tom Strong would an interesting choice but so would Elijah Snow
    Non DC: Captain America hands down but somewhere in the multiverse he’s probably a member 😝
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    DC character: Tom Strong would an interesting choice but so would Elijah Snow
    Non DC: Captain America hands down but somewhere in the multiverse he’s probably a member ��
    Yeah on an Earth where he is a nicer version of Commander Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Non DC: Captain America hands down but somewhere in the multiverse he’s probably a member ��
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Yeah on an Earth where he is a nicer version of Commander Steel.
    ^^^Well if we’re talking Cap, then I’d like The Veteran (Nathan Howe) to join.

He’s only made a few appearances, but was active in WWII (and possibly every other American related conflict). Lots to explore w. him.