It's a crying shame what's happened to Avengers Mansion.

Vision ain't happy .

The theme hotel thing dates back to ANAD Marvel. It was sold off when Tony was broke, which is why the ANAD Avengers team used a hangar in New Jersey as their HQ (convenient for Ms. Marvel who was on that team!), and then the Baxter Building (owned at the time by Spider-Man) when the roster changed. That's when the Mansion first opened as a hotel. When Deadpool left the Unity Squad and they lost the HQ they'd been using, Johnny, who was on that team at the time, bought the mansion, and they renovated it and started using it as the HQ again, inviting the other two teams to share it (Spidey had lost the Baxter by then, so the team had moved into the GIRL premises provided by Nadia). The Mansion got trashed in No Surrender, but was rebuilt again. Jarvis was left to maintain it, but of course Johnny ended up reuniting with the Fantastic Four and all three Avengers teams disbanded, being replaced by the Jason Aaron incarnation. The mansion since then has only been seen a couple of times - in Nadia's solo when Jarvis took her for a driving lesson, and in one of the Spider-Man books when Jarvis was running a support group for civilian superhero allies, including MJ and Ganke. Johnny shouldn't still be the owner of the Mansion though - he set up an Avengers Foundation to run it, so it becoming a theme hotel again shouldn't have been Johnny's decision. Instead, the trustees would've decided that since the Avengers aren't using it they'd make it a hotel again to raise income.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I read it today and thought it was a fun romp.

Anyone else pick it up?

It saddens me seeing Avengers Mansion get turned into a tourist trap but it was fun watching the culprit turn out to be big obscure pulls and for Jan to solve a crime in a skirt.

Extraordinary Member

There was no great Jarvis moment as there was in issue 1 "May God have mercy on our souls"
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

I just came in here to scream about one thing in this issue spoilers:
    BRUNNHILDE IS IN THE HOUSE!
    end of spoilers

Of course... spoilers:
    but she's in Valhalla, and stuck there since she died in War of the Realms, hence why she needed to summon Jane Foster. Only Jane and Runa are active as Valkyries right now and able to commute between Valhalla and Midgard.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I just came in here to scream about one thing in this issue spoilers:
    BRUNNHILDE IS IN THE HOUSE!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I hope she gets more to do next issue.
    end of spoilers

Damn good issue. The overarching mystery of who Vic Shade is got taken up a notch with the appearance of The Vision in this issue. Really liked how Ewing explained why this Vic character is so troubling to Vizh. Well done.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver