Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

ACTION COMICS #1067

Written by GAIL SIMONE and RAINBOW ROWELL
    Art by EDDY BARROWS and CIAN TORMEY
    Cover by EDDY BARROWS and DANNY MIKI
    Variant covers by WES CRAIG and PABLO VILLALOBOS
    1:25 variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Foil variant cover by EDDY BARROWS ($7.99 US)
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/10/24
    SUPERMAN AND THE CHALLENGE FROM THE STARS
    SUPERMAN FIGHTS FOR TWO WORLDS! When a massively powerful alien race makes EARTH their ARENA, Superman must stand ALONE against impossible challenges that threaten locations all around the world AND the lives of those he loves! A not-to-be-missed EPIC tale of Superman’s STRENGTH, WIT, and RESOURCEFULNESS in an early stage of his public career!
    Plus, New York Times bestselling author RAINBOW ROWELL makes her DC debut and takes on the most powerful woman in Superman’s life…LOIS LANE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    As things inDC continuity "eh noyes......we'll wait until our lawyer tell us"

but in honestly it all up to the writer to decide at this point as there various contradicting origin stories that telling like the current origin is the John Byrne’s The Man of Steel i believe in Williamson run
    Secret Origin is the current “canon” origin with elements of Birthright included too. Lex and Clark knew each in Smallville which rules out the Byrne origin, pretty much the only thing not canon from SO is that Clark was a member of the Legion of Superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm 80% certain he was Superboy.
    Unstoppable Doom Patrol referenced Smallville as the home of Superboy (Clark) so yeah that’s “canon”.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-20-2024 at 12:50 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Secret Origin is the current “canon” origin with elements of Birthright included too. Lex and Clark knew each in Smallville which rules out the Byrne origin, pretty much the only thing not canon from SO is that Clark was a member of the Legion of Superheroes.

Unstoppable Doom Patrol referenced Smallville as the home of Superboy (Clark) so yeah that’s “canon”.
    They seem to be moving further and further away from Johns' origin. It's possible that the DP writers were just going off what they assumed was his current origin. Look at what they did to PG. They literally seem to be making it up as they go along.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At this point I don't even remember clearly who is alive in what origin, but I think that in SO Lex didn't have family members who were still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    At this point I don't even remember clearly who is alive in what origin, but I think that in SO Lex didn't have family members who were still alive?

He killed his dad for the life insurance to leave Smallville, and he did have a sister, so I think SO still “fits” minus the Legion stuff.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

The fact that we don't know what his origin is is part of the problem with DC right now.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Wonder how different (or similar?) of an origin we’ll get in Absolute…
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

It took me a minute to realize that's not Diana. I wish DC had an in-house guide for artist to follow.