Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm glad they just gave up Bizarro speak for the citizens. And the passage of time was a really neat element in the storytelling
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

I feel like at this point Bizarro world should be a planet of 50s sitcom suburbia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I'm glad they just gave up Bizarro speak for the citizens.
    I've always found Bizarro speak annoyingly inconsistent, and I got confused at first thinking everyone spoke that way since the guy jumped off the bridge saying "Hello, Mom!" With the interspersing of Bizarro's conversation with Superman, it took awhile to discern if some people spoke like Bizarro or they spoke normally but had reversed personalities.
    Last edited by nightw1ng; 02-15-2024 at 12:35 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah that and Lois saying I love you. It's like the idea was abandoned partway into the script
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Agreed. The backups have been pretty hit or miss in general, I’d rather have full story myself. But yeah this arc has been good so far. Took a turn towards the dark a bit with this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Poor PKJ got saddled with all these backups which were totally disconnected from what he was doing. Love ‘em or hate ‘em at least the King and Zdarsky backups were connected to what they were tackling in the main story and usually were written by the main writers. The Action backups were not and frankly sucked usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Detective backups, when I was still reading it, were also much better than what Action had. Heck, GL is getting better backups as well.
    Action Comics turned into a 40-pages anthology book during Dawn of DC, half main story and half back-ups. I felt they didn't wanted to saddle Williamson's Superman with a 10-page back-up and double them down over AC.

They aren't worthy the extra price.

Good point, Batman and Detective both had (still have?) backups so it would have made sense if Superman had them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Yeah that and Lois saying I love you. It's like the idea was abandoned partway into the script
    I thought that was deliberate to show that Lois was also fighting the Bizarro spell, hence her temporarily reverting to “normal” speech.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1065

Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    Variant covers by JORGE JIMÉNEZ, PAOLO RIVERA, and IVAN TALAVERA
    1:25 variant cover by MARK SPEARS
    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 5/14/24

HOUSE OF BRAINIAC PART THREE
    Superman and Lobo have their hands full with Brainiac’s Lobo army, so it’s up to Supergirl and Conner Kent to stop Brainiac himself! It’s an impossible battle, but they are joined by some unexpected and deadly allies!

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-16-2024 at 10:39 AM.

I'm happy seeing Kara and Conner together .

Lord I love seeing Sandoval draw every Brainiac design ever in his style.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If course Supes is on a bike (a mountain bike to boot) while racing Lobo on his motorcycle.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    If course Supes is on a bike (a mountain bike to boot) while racing Lobo on his motorcycle.
    Makes for a funny gag, and I guess not even Williamson wants to bring back the New 52 “Supercycle”

Waid’s potentially writing an Action Comics 3 issue arc, 3 Superman tie-in issues to Absolute Power, WF, and then Superman will be in the Absolute Power mini itself. Oh and potentially he’s still working on the issue 3 script for TLDOLL. Quite the workload he’s taking on.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid’s potentially writing an Action Comics 3 issue arc, 3 Superman tie-in issues to Absolute Power, WF, and then Superman will be in the Absolute Power mini itself. Oh and potentially he’s still working on the issue 3 script for TLDOLL. Quite the workload he’s taking on.
    Wow. Good luck to him. I think he writes a fantastic Superman.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If James Brown was the Hardest Working Man in Show Business, then perhaps Waid is the Hardest Working Man in Comics.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog