Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Half of the fan base rejoices, while the other half is bummed. I’m part of the latter.

Can’t wait to see who it’ll be tho.

“The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last.” -Willy Wonka
    It’s a bummer, but there are other choices at DC which would excite me. Don’t know if DC will actually choose them though. Yang or Watters would excite me as much as King. Ram V would interest me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Just hope he doesn't screw over any characters in the movies .
    He’s doing Lanterns apparently (he doesn’t confirm what he’s working on).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s a bummer, but there are other choices at DC which would excite me. Don’t know if DC will actually choose them though. Yang or Watters would excite me as much as King. Ram V would interest me too.

He’s doing Lanterns apparently (he doesn’t confirm what he’s working on).
    [puts on tinfoil hat]

Ram liked/reposted a Superman related post the other day on twitter.

[takes off tinfoil hat]

“Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

When Ram's exclusive ends? He might not be interested in another DC ongoing if it is coming to an end. But I can see him being last guy to do 3 issues like Aaron.

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1062 Preview
    Writer: Jason Aaron
    Artist: John Timms

It's now a Bizarro World and we all live in it...

Holy cow, Bizarro actually portrayed as a straightforward terrifying threat? And it works? Can’t believe it, he’s been at best a pitiable joke and sympathetic figure, at worst a rather mundane inversion of Superman , but here Aaron takes his backwards thinking to the most messed up extreme. I loved the part where the pilots and the passengers switch positions, or when the brain damaged patient and the brain surgeon swap who operates on who. It’s all messed up!

Wow Superman resisting brainwashing/body possession? You’d think him incapable of that based on how he’s used everywhere else. Aaron even managed to keep Bizarro’s sympathetic nature intact with that flashback to Metropolis bullying him for how he talks way back when! The guy has plunged Earth into total chaos and I still feel sorry for him. Great issue, and I can’t believe it but I’m actually excited at Superman and Joker teaming up to try and force Bizarro to fix this.
    Last edited by Vordan; 02-14-2024 at 12:39 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Holy cow, Bizarro actually portrayed as a straightforward terrifying threat? And it works? Can’t believe it, he’s been at best a pitiable joke and sympathetic figure, at worst a rather mundane inversion of Superman , but here Aaron takes his backwards thinking to the most messed up extreme. I loved the part where the pilots and the passengers switch positions, or when the brain damaged patient and the brain surgeon swap who operates on who. It’s all messed up!

Wow Superman resisting brainwashing/body possession? You’d think him incapable of that based on how he’s used everywhere else. Aaron even managed to keep Bizarro’s sympathetic nature intact with that flashback to Metropolis bullying him for how he talks way back when! The guy has plunged Earth into total chaos and I still feel sorry for him. Great issue, and I can’t believe it but I’m actually excited at Superman and Joker teaming up to try and force Bizarro to fix this.
    Aaron remembered Superman is famous for his unbreakable willpower.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I'm impressed by how bad this situation got. This is an event worthy problem.

Who knew Bizarro had it in him to cause a planetary disaster. I'm so proud of him.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

i love bizzaro..so gonna check it out..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"Me hates Bizarro... so gonna skip that" is the more apt wording

The arc is good for a filler. Also, I like the change of format with 30 full pages of main story instead of 20+random backups.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

The arc is good for a filler. Also, I like the change of format with 30 full pages of main story instead of 20+random backups.
    Agreed. The backups have been pretty hit or miss in general, I’d rather have full story myself. But yeah this arc has been good so far. Took a turn towards the dark a bit with this issue.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Finally,this was an amazing issue.I haven't loved reading through a comic book since ages.Clark is still the dumb savior who is hell bent on saving everyone( i can't reconcile with or endorse that).But,the world became so twisted that the savior is acceptable.Moreover,being hated and repulsed by metropolis blunts the idea of savior kent.Clark is hated for the ideas he represents and his ideals.He is shunned.He is asked to leave.Yet,he ain't going nowhere.Cause that's his home and there ain't anywhere else to go.And He ain't backing down from who he is .That was relatable.

For once bruce didn't irk me.Batman made sense and asks clark to get rid of the crusading hate for bizarro and talk to him.(ofcourse it's from his experience with so called war on crime).Clark reluctance felt human.Finally,as the disease spread i new the most diseased city will be cured and the man who smiles.So the clown and the strongman are new dynamic duo..(on side note,i always wanted a clown support cast for superman..it was either gonna be creeper or retooled ambush bug)

This book felt tonely similar to whatever happened to the man of tomorrow.
    I think i am too stupid to do the reverse talk.Don't wanna heart my head.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-14-2024 at 09:06 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Been ages since I was actually excited to see the Joker show up in something lol. Don’t think Supes and Joker have ever actually teamed up before.

Poor PKJ got saddled with all these backups which were totally disconnected from what he was doing. Love ‘em or hate ‘em at least the King and Zdarsky backups were connected to what they were tackling in the main story and usually were written by the main writers. The Action backups were not and frankly sucked usually.

Detective backups, when I was still reading it, were also much better than what Action had. Heck, GL is getting better backups as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Detective backups, when I was still reading it, were also much better than what Action had. Heck, GL is getting better backups as well.
    The Action backups seemed like editorial dumping characters they got pitches for that they didn’t think could carry a book. Should’ve let PKJ use them to flesh out Warworld more like he wanted.