Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Waid’s potentially writing an Action Comics 3 issue arc, 3 Superman tie-in issues to Absolute Power, WF, and then Superman will be in the Absolute Power mini itself. Oh and potentially he’s still working on the issue 3 script for TLDOLL. Quite the workload he’s taking on.
    Waid to DC:

It's like Waid was holding in all the stuff he wanted to do at DC while he was away .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Waid’s potentially writing an Action Comics 3 issue arc, 3 Superman tie-in issues to Absolute Power, WF, and then Superman will be in the Absolute Power mini itself. Oh and potentially he’s still working on the issue 3 script for TLDOLL. Quite the workload he’s taking on.
    Man's 61 and yet he isn't letting up on the workload.

As the expression goes, if you do something you love you'll never work a day in your life.

And Mark Waid loves comics. Like Gollum loved that ring.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like Waid was holding in all the stuff he wanted to do at DC while he was away .
    The best thing is (the ill-advised but short Cap run aside) Waid has been the best he has ever been since he started on Daredevil. It's like he finally figured out how to use his love for the lighter, more character driven stories and allowed him to write bring out his true vision. He's not working within a current style, he's working in his own style. A modernised Silver Age.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Action Comics #1062 Preview Preview
    Writer: Jason Aaron
    Artist: John Timms

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Think I’m ready for this arc to be done. Enjoyed part 1 well enough but the second part I didn’t like quite as much. Didn’t seem to be very well written, imo. The city of Bizarros seems like a cool enough idea, I don’t think it was executed particularly well.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

Fighting for the sake of sanity...

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Think I’m ready for this arc to be done. Enjoyed part 1 well enough but the second part I didn’t like quite as much. Didn’t seem to be very well written, imo. The city of Bizarros seems like a cool enough idea, I don’t think it was executed particularly well.
    Damn not a fan huh? Upside of the Superstars structure is that if you don’t like a creator, it’s only three issues until we get someone else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Damn not a fan huh? Upside of the Superstars structure is that if you don’t like a creator, it’s only three issues until we get someone else.
    Heh, I don't necessarily hate it by any means, I just don't like it as much as the rest of the Supes material out there right now. And I'm still a bit bitter about PKJ leaving so there's that, lol. But yeah, I'm not really feeling the writing I guess. This is a nitpick, but in one issue they had two characters say the same exact exclamation phrase within consecutive (or every-other) panels. Seemed rather lazy to me. But...

0 d7RxoADwCv_Ht8-Z.jpg

I suppose the rotating writer thing is both a blessing and a curse. Just a few more issues before a new team takes over.

And Brainiac soon!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Joker being a bro, Jesus now I really have seen everything. Him and Supes teaming up was the most fun I've had reading Joker in ages (and his final message to Supes after reverting back made me laugh). Timms was fantastic on the art here, the fight scenes were spectacular, especially the scene where Bizarro was killing Supes over and over. Was that a deliberate homage to what Batman went through in Emperor Joker, or am I seeing things that aren't there because that was the last big "canon" story with Supes and Joker both in it? Regardless, as someone who felt Aaron had burnt out over at Marvel in his last few books, this and Batman: Off-World have reinvigorated my enjoyment of his writing again. Supes head is getting rather cluttered these days between Bizarro and whatever Brainiac has implanted in him. Perhaps Williamson is actually going to use the Bizarro remnant in Supes head to explain why he can resist whatever Brainiac has done to him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Joker being a bro, Jesus now I really have seen everything. Him and Supes teaming up was the most fun I've had reading Joker in ages (and his final message to Supes after reverting back made me laugh). Timms was fantastic on the art here, the fight scenes were spectacular, especially the scene where Bizarro was killing Supes over and over. Was that a deliberate homage to what Batman went through in Emperor Joker, or am I seeing things that aren't there because that was the last big "canon" story with Supes and Joker both in it? Regardless, as someone who felt Aaron had burnt out over at Marvel in his last few books, this and Batman: Off-World have reinvigorated my enjoyment of his writing again. Supes head is getting rather cluttered these days between Bizarro and whatever Brainiac has implanted in him. Perhaps Williamson is actually going to use the Bizarro remnant in Supes head to explain why he can resist whatever Brainiac has done to him.
    This actually would've been a good time to dust off his mastery of the "Theta State" he used to beat Dominus way back in the King of The World storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's like Waid was holding in all the stuff he wanted to do at DC while Didio was still in charge .
    ftfy
    10char

Jason Aaron in a nutshell .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This was pretty baller, a real climactic epic end. The whole battle was so insane, especially Superman letting himself be killed by Bizarro so many times. To think it was only done in 3 issues, felt like the ending of an event story.

Also Bizarro Joker is a real cool guy, definitely my favorite good guy Joker now. He totally kicks White Knight Joker's ass.