Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 155
  1. #31
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,426

    Default

    ACTION COMICS #1061

    Written by JASON AARON

    Art and cover by JOHN TIMMS

    Variant covers by CHRIS BACHALO, KAARE ANDREWS, JORGE JIMENEZ, and JOËLLE JONES

    1:25 variant cover by NATHAN SZERDY

    1:50 variant cover by PAOLO RIVERA

    1:100 variant cover by TOM REILLY

    $4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)

    ON SALE 1/9/24

    THE WIZARD, BIZARRO!

    Jason Aaron writes Superman for the very first time, teaming up with all-star artist John Timms to present a startling new vision of the Man of Steel’s strangest foe. When Superman’s doppelgänger discovers a dark secret about himself, it unleashes the most dangerous version of Bizarro the world has ever seen.






  2. #32
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,197

    Default

    Bizarro goes dark?

  3. #33
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,066

    Default

    That Bachalo cover is some A+ work. Waiting to see if this ties into Williamson’s tease or if Aaron is doing his own thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  4. #34
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,426

    Default

    Action Comics #1064

    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

    The Brainiac Queen Takes Over Metropolis

    The six-part story “House of Brainiac” takes place in both Superman and Action Comics where the Brainiac Queen will make her debut. The storyline not only pits the Man of Steel against Lobo, Brainiac and the Green Lanterns but also his very own family. DC Comics also has a special one-shot in store for fans featuring Superman and Brainiac.

    https://www.cbr.com/dawn-of-dc-trini...tman-superman/

  5. #35
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,739

    Default

    So then no Kenan in the next issue?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  6. #36
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    114,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Action Comics #1064

    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

    The Brainiac Queen Takes Over Metropolis

    The six-part story “House of Brainiac” takes place in both Superman and Action Comics where the Brainiac Queen will make her debut. The storyline not only pits the Man of Steel against Lobo, Brainiac and the Green Lanterns but also his very own family. DC Comics also has a special one-shot in store for fans featuring Superman and Brainiac.

    https://www.cbr.com/dawn-of-dc-trini...tman-superman/
    The UP run GL bristles against Superman?

  7. #37
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So then no Kenan in the next issue?
    Kenan back-up ends with AC #1059 this month.

  8. #38
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    17,426

    Default

    Jason Aaron: A "Darker, Weirder" Bizarro Superman, at Thought Bubble

    Jason Aaron tells us, at Thoiught Bubble, to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him, darker and weirder.

    And when taking over the upcoming Superman comic books, he asked Mark Waid for advice.

    Because that is his current daunting project, and told us that we are to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him. Jason Aaron pointed out that Bizrro stories usually make us feel sad for Bizarro and play upon his stupidity. He is planning darker, weirder stories involving Bizarro… telling us, "Of course, the story is ridiculous, but there's a darkness to the story".


    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jaso...hought-bubble/

  9. #39
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jason Aaron: A "Darker, Weirder" Bizarro Superman, at Thought Bubble

    Jason Aaron tells us, at Thoiught Bubble, to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him, darker and weirder.

    And when taking over the upcoming Superman comic books, he asked Mark Waid for advice.

    Because that is his current daunting project, and told us that we are to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him. Jason Aaron pointed out that Bizrro stories usually make us feel sad for Bizarro and play upon his stupidity. He is planning darker, weirder stories involving Bizarro… telling us, "Of course, the story is ridiculous, but there's a darkness to the story".


    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jaso...hought-bubble/
    Man, why do so many writers think making everything "darker" is automatically better? Bizarro is an interesting character because he is so sympathetic. But I guess its time to butcher him for some edgy shock value.

  10. #40
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Jason Aaron: A "Darker, Weirder" Bizarro Superman, at Thought Bubble

    Jason Aaron tells us, at Thoiught Bubble, to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him, darker and weirder.

    And when taking over the upcoming Superman comic books, he asked Mark Waid for advice.

    Because that is his current daunting project, and told us that we are to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him. Jason Aaron pointed out that Bizrro stories usually make us feel sad for Bizarro and play upon his stupidity. He is planning darker, weirder stories involving Bizarro… telling us, "Of course, the story is ridiculous, but there's a darkness to the story".


    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jaso...hought-bubble/
    Hoping for the best, since this is the deadbeat dad Bizarro from Tomasi’s run it makes sense to go darker with him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  11. #41
    Incredible Member Knightsilver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Man, why do so many writers think making everything "darker" is automatically better? Bizarro is an interesting character because he is so sympathetic. But I guess its time to butcher him for some edgy shock value.
    I guess it depends on what they mean by "darker". There was one story where Bizarro was given higher intellectual...but was still rejected because of his appearance. If they lean more in that kind of direction rather than grim and gritty...it could be good.

  12. #42
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    I guess it depends on what they mean by "darker". There was one story where Bizarro was given higher intellectual...but was still rejected because of his appearance. If they lean more in that kind of direction rather than grim and gritty...it could be good.
    I don't have much idea about Jason Aaron but I have heard he is considered a fairly mediocre writer based on his Avengers run. So I don't have much hope.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I don't have much idea about Jason Aaron but I have heard he is considered a fairly mediocre writer based on his Avengers run. So I don't have much hope.
    I can't speak to Aaron's Avengers' run but his Thor run is considered epic.

  14. #44
    Invincible Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    26,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I can't speak to Aaron's Avengers' run but his Thor run is considered epic.
    Aaron might be one of those writers who is just lousy on team books (Lemire is another).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  15. #45
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I don't have much idea about Jason Aaron but I have heard he is considered a fairly mediocre writer based on his Avengers run. So I don't have much hope.
    He was solid with Ghost Rider and Wolverine. I look forward to his Batman. When his Thor did hit it wasn't in a way that made me think of Superman, but it could be a nice change of pace
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •