Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

ACTION COMICS #1061

Written by JASON AARON

Art and cover by JOHN TIMMS

Variant covers by CHRIS BACHALO, KAARE ANDREWS, JORGE JIMENEZ, and JOËLLE JONES

1:25 variant cover by NATHAN SZERDY

1:50 variant cover by PAOLO RIVERA

1:100 variant cover by TOM REILLY

$4.99 US | 40 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 1/9/24

THE WIZARD, BIZARRO!

Jason Aaron writes Superman for the very first time, teaming up with all-star artist John Timms to present a startling new vision of the Man of Steel’s strangest foe. When Superman’s doppelgänger discovers a dark secret about himself, it unleashes the most dangerous version of Bizarro the world has ever seen.

Bizarro goes dark?

That Bachalo cover is some A+ work. Waiting to see if this ties into Williamson’s tease or if Aaron is doing his own thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Action Comics #1064

Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

The Brainiac Queen Takes Over Metropolis

The six-part story “House of Brainiac” takes place in both Superman and Action Comics where the Brainiac Queen will make her debut. The storyline not only pits the Man of Steel against Lobo, Brainiac and the Green Lanterns but also his very own family. DC Comics also has a special one-shot in store for fans featuring Superman and Brainiac.

https://www.cbr.com/dawn-of-dc-trini...tman-superman/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So then no Kenan in the next issue?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Action Comics #1064

Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL

The Brainiac Queen Takes Over Metropolis

The six-part story “House of Brainiac” takes place in both Superman and Action Comics where the Brainiac Queen will make her debut. The storyline not only pits the Man of Steel against Lobo, Brainiac and the Green Lanterns but also his very own family. DC Comics also has a special one-shot in store for fans featuring Superman and Brainiac.

https://www.cbr.com/dawn-of-dc-trini...tman-superman/
    The UP run GL bristles against Superman?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    So then no Kenan in the next issue?
    Kenan back-up ends with AC #1059 this month.

Jason Aaron: A "Darker, Weirder" Bizarro Superman, at Thought Bubble

Jason Aaron tells us, at Thoiught Bubble, to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him, darker and weirder.

And when taking over the upcoming Superman comic books, he asked Mark Waid for advice.

Because that is his current daunting project, and told us that we are to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him. Jason Aaron pointed out that Bizrro stories usually make us feel sad for Bizarro and play upon his stupidity. He is planning darker, weirder stories involving Bizarro… telling us, "Of course, the story is ridiculous, but there's a darkness to the story".

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jaso...hought-bubble/

Fantastic Member

Jason Aaron tells us, at Thoiught Bubble, to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him, darker and weirder.

And when taking over the upcoming Superman comic books, he asked Mark Waid for advice.

Because that is his current daunting project, and told us that we are to expect a different kind of Bizarro Superman story from him. Jason Aaron pointed out that Bizrro stories usually make us feel sad for Bizarro and play upon his stupidity. He is planning darker, weirder stories involving Bizarro… telling us, "Of course, the story is ridiculous, but there's a darkness to the story".

Man, why do so many writers think making everything "darker" is automatically better? Bizarro is an interesting character because he is so sympathetic. But I guess its time to butcher him for some edgy shock value.

Hoping for the best, since this is the deadbeat dad Bizarro from Tomasi’s run it makes sense to go darker with him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Man, why do so many writers think making everything "darker" is automatically better? Bizarro is an interesting character because he is so sympathetic. But I guess its time to butcher him for some edgy shock value.
    I guess it depends on what they mean by "darker". There was one story where Bizarro was given higher intellectual...but was still rejected because of his appearance. If they lean more in that kind of direction rather than grim and gritty...it could be good.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    I guess it depends on what they mean by "darker". There was one story where Bizarro was given higher intellectual...but was still rejected because of his appearance. If they lean more in that kind of direction rather than grim and gritty...it could be good.
    I don't have much idea about Jason Aaron but I have heard he is considered a fairly mediocre writer based on his Avengers run. So I don't have much hope.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I don't have much idea about Jason Aaron but I have heard he is considered a fairly mediocre writer based on his Avengers run. So I don't have much hope.
    I can't speak to Aaron's Avengers' run but his Thor run is considered epic.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I can't speak to Aaron's Avengers' run but his Thor run is considered epic.
    Aaron might be one of those writers who is just lousy on team books (Lemire is another).

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

He was solid with Ghost Rider and Wolverine. I look forward to his Batman. When his Thor did hit it wasn't in a way that made me think of Superman, but it could be a nice change of pace
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES