Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Really the size of the Superfam can at least be mollified by just having more books.

Like keep Lana a Steel character, and continue making more Steel books.

Plus Kara a new ongoing, bout high-time for her to get a new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Really the size of the Superfam can at least be mollified by just having more books.

Like keep Lana a Steel character, and continue making more Steel books.

Plus Kara a new ongoing, bout high-time for her to get a new book.
    They can't hold out on a Supergirl book forever.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn is interested in that for the Batfamily, although that is in part forced on him because he has to differentiate it from what Reeves is doing, but it ties into what IÂ’ve said about the families being too large. TheyÂ’re going right to Damian as Robin for DCU Batman and I doubt that DCU Tim, if he exists, is going to get much attention. I donÂ’t see any of the characters created post Damian getting any play whatsoever. For the Superfamily weÂ’re getting Kara but instead of using John Henry Irons, Gunn went with Mr. Terrific. Seems like a long shot for Kon to get used, and heÂ’s the third most popular Super, never mind Kenan, Nat, the Super-Twins, etc. Of the GLs it looks like Hal and John are going to be the main guys, maybe Guy will get some shine, but Kyle, Jess, Simon, and Jo are not all going to get equal play.

Jon is the only wild card because depending on how Legacy ends, I could see him showing up - if Gunn becomes a father himself. Then I could see him using Jon to make a film about Superman grappling with fatherhood the way Legacy seems to be Gunn grappling with the death of his father and his own rise to the top. But the 5G/FS crew as a whole forget it. TheyÂ’re as much a dead end as the YJ crew has become, and I still think that Kingdom Come is going to be the Endgame for the DCU as a whole if Gunn can get to that ending.

But all that assumes Gunn even manages to get to his plans beyond Legacy, and thatÂ’s a ways off. Right now the sales for DC across the board are soft and I donÂ’t think this push for multiple shared mantles is going to last. Marvel backed away from it and their push for the legacies in the MCU is tanking. Come end of 2025 I expect the focus on the families to end.
    I do agree about multiple shared mantles not going to last. It's a leftover of 5G and the concept doesn't belong to franchises like Batman, Superman and Aquaman.

But the "families" concept was part of DC long before and I don't see it being dropped to get back to idk Green Arrow going solo like during the New52 after they spent years to reintroduce his "team".

Of course I don't expect the full extend of the heroes' fams being introduced in movies, just the concept that these heroes are surrounded by a group instead of being the sole star of their franchise like it used to be in past adaptations. Let's say DCU's Wonder Woman has Donna and Artemis, Batman with the core Batfam... stuff like that. Obviously comics have room for more characters existing.

I expect Supergirl and Steel before we get Jon.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/5e3...ibextid=K8Wfd2

Bizarro’s new power seems to be magic based.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/5e3...ibextid=K8Wfd2

Bizarro’s new power seems to be magic based.
    Clark is going to love that .

This is the best of John Timms' art I've seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Clark is going to love that .

This is the best of John Timms' art I've seen in a while.
    Yeah I think art wise it looks great, love how the fight stretches all the way out into space and back.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah I think art wise it looks great, love how the fight stretches all the way out into space and back.
    Oh my God I just now realized Timm is finally being allowed to draw an epic fight scene after he how much he was stifled on Son of Kal-El because Jon wasn't allowed to throw a punch there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Oh my God I just now realized Timm is finally being allowed to draw an epic fight scene after he how much he was stifled on Son of Kal-El because Jon wasn't allowed to throw a punch there.
    Or like Young Justice where there was too much talking and too much going on.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Going to be tough to shake the sense that Action is just filler for the next year. Aaron writing Superman might attract interest and hopefully people will stick with this for Bizarro. Waid and whoever comes after will have the toughest hill to climb I think.

Going to be tough to shake the sense that Action is just filler for the next year. Aaron writing Superman might attract interest and hopefully people will stick with this for Bizarro. Waid and whoever comes after will have the toughest hill to climb I think.
    This feels like the period 'Tec was in after Tynion left.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I find this weird as DC have tried the revolving teams thing on their main books a few times and it never works for long.

I wonder if Aaron is doing Bizarro, taking time out to construct/plan out a run, before returning full time.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I find this weird as DC have tried the revolving teams thing on their main books a few times and it never works for long.

I wonder if Aaron is doing Bizarro, taking time out to construct/plan out a run, before returning full time.
    Aaron said in a newsletter (or maybe an interview? I can’t remember) that he was done with ongoings/long runs for a while. He is doing more at DC but it will be minis. I’d say Waid is the most likely choice but I reckon he wants the “main” Superman book if he does one of the Superman ongoings. After Waid the two most likely choices for taking over Action is one of the Toms, King or Taylor. King wants to write Superman, he’s one of Gunn’s golden boys, and taking over the book in 2025 (or late 2024 if he’s the last writer) lines up nicely with Legacy coming in 2025. Right now I’m betting on him.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I'd enjoy Waid on Supes, but I've said before that with Williamson doing that style already it'd feel a bit redundant to me. I'd probably drop Superman and just stick to Waid's book.

Up in the Sky is my favourite Superman book in decades (though honestly PKJ's Warworld Saga is right up there) and I'm a big King fan anyway so I'd love him on Action.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!