Extraordinary Member

Default Cyborg #4 Preview

Cyborg #4 Preview
    Writer: Morgan Hampton
    Artist: Tom Raney

Watch out for the AI!!!

I've been enjoying the series so far. And the preview looks fine.

Maybe it's just me but so far this run reminds me a bit of what Taylor started off doing with Nightwing. Re-establish the basics to ensure a solid foundation, then build outwards. Like, Hampton picked up Vic's daddy drama and twisted it with robot Silas. Now we've got a new dynamic to explore that doesn't invalidate or overwrite what came before. It's a good start.

But when this arc wraps up I really hope we get something different (and bigger) than more tech-based threats. In Vic's last two series he dealt almost exclusively with such things and the guy can and should have a wider range than that. Let's see him deal with aliens in space, time travel, magic....the guy still has the New Gods tech and should be treated like the heavy hitter he is. I'm cool with starting off grounded, it's the best way for readers to learn who Cyborg is, but let's see the man spread his wings!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

is this ongoing or a mini series?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is this ongoing or a mini series?
    I've read in multiple places that it's a 6 issue mini series.

Which bites.

I told myself i'd give the series 3 issues (before knowing it was a mini series i believe) to determine if i'd continue supporting it. It's been just good enough to warrant more purchases so i'm disappointed that it's not ongoing.
    Last edited by Customizer; 10-15-2023 at 12:09 AM.
    Don't complain. Create.