Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen V on Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm up to ep 3. I mean...its ok, the acting by the young cast is ok. The actress for the supe with the shrinking powers when she throws up is probably the best. Patrick Schwarzenegger easily smokes them all though, I need to see more of his roles elsewhere didn't know he was that good.

I'm along for the ride.
    The cast is mediocre at best other than the shrinking girl. That's why it can't touch the Boys. Anthony Starr, Karl Urban, Jack Quaid and Chace Crawford are what makes the Boys so fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I don't think streaming has any of the same rules as broadcast tv.
    Interesting. Only saw the scene once, but it felt like it was CGI.

I'm obviously in the minority of folks on this site who enjoy this more than the Boys. I like most of the main cast on Gen V more than I do the Boys (with the exception of MM.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I'm obviously in the minority of folks on this site who enjoy this more than the Boys. I like most of the main cast on Gen V more than I do the Boys (with the exception of MM.)
    I think the Boys comes out a tiny bit ahead for me, because at least a *few* characters seem to be mostly nice people, if still stuck in a messed-up world and having made some questionable decisions to get where they are (Starlight, for instance, but also Hughie and MM). Unfortunately, entirely too many of the Gen V kids seem to be, 'Eh, why bother? If I keep my head down, I can get mine and leave y'all in this mess, that is literally killing people left and right, but if I pretend hard enough, won't kill me?'

I want to like them, but Jordan, Andre and Marie are constantly making selfish and callous choices, IMO, and anybody *not* a main character, like Rufus, is just downright twisted. Emma's the best of them, and kind of only in the middle of this 'top 5 clique' with Andre, Jordan and Marie because she's Marie's roommate.

One of the more *human* people we've seen so far is the invisible RA, giving 'how to human' advice to Jordan in the hall. And he's dating a girl who seems to be perpetually in llama form, and casually mentions that he likes to hide in the showers and jerk off, so, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    But how is this show making Amazon money?!?!?! Nobody’s talking about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    But how is this show making Amazon money?!?!?! Nobody’s talking about it!
    We don't know the actual streaming numbers. They don't gage things by nerds talking about it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I love this show 4 out of 5 stars, thus far, just saying. Of course, I also love the parent show The Boys. The Boys Universe (more so the TV version) is the best dark superhero parody yet created, near perfection (I hold off on saying perfection because it could stick the landing, as unlikely as that seems), IMHO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-30-2023 at 07:11 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    ...I think they rely too much on gross sex stuff. You kinda become numb to it after awhile..
    That is indeed a big negative, same for the Boys, IMHO. That is why I've rated both shows 4 out of 5 stars rather than 4.5 or 5 stars. The constant gross-out sexual humor is a bit much and has become a cheap storytelling crutch if anything.

The latest ep definitely stepped it up in terms of ratcheting up the drama and has me interested in what will happen next. I hope we'll find out what happened with Neuman's daughter in this series - it does seem like the right place to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    We don't know the actual streaming numbers. They don't gage things by nerds talking about it.
    I was being facetious, due to conversations in other threads.

But thanks!

I'm kinda kicking myself about something. Around episode 2 I thought to myself spoilers:
    it would be funny if Homelander showed up in the season finale and lasered everyone, meaning we'd get a new set of heroes if the series was renewed
    end of spoilers but then I thought "LOL naw they wouldn't do that" so I never posted it...

And then it happened. Eh, mostly.

I'm curious to see where it goes next.

The ending was pure expectation subverting (in a good way), brain-melting goodness. Damn, the Boys (TV universe) never disappoints me.

spoilers:
    The moral of the final is never trust Homelander.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-03-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm kinda kicking myself about something. Around episode 2 I thought to myself spoilers:
    it would be funny if Homelander showed up in the season finale and lasered everyone, meaning we'd get a new set of heroes if the series was renewed
    end of spoilers but then I thought "LOL naw they wouldn't do that" so I never posted it...

And then it happened. Eh, mostly.

I'm curious to see where it goes next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The ending was pure expectation subverting (in a good way), brain-melting goodness. Damn, the Boys (TV universe) never disappoints me.

spoilers:
    The moral of the final is never trust Homelander.
    end of spoilers
    Before you go giving the show too much credit...

Maximum "Comic..." Spoilers...

spoilers:
    The end of that arc involves The Boys having to essentially take on the entire school. Just about the time that it is clear that The Boys are goners, Vought shows up to wash it's figurative hands of the entire thing and wipes out the entire school.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Before you go giving the show too much credit...

Maximum "Comic..." Spoilers...

spoilers:
    The end of that arc involves The Boys having to essentially take on the entire school. Just about the time that it is clear that The Boys are goners, Vought shows up to wash it's figurative hands of the entire thing and wipes out the entire school.
    end of spoilers
    I know, I read the comics too. Although arguably less dark, I vastly prefer the TV universe ending which I stand by for its excellence.

I love the Boys on Amazon Prime, I just have to add.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-03-2023 at 07:21 PM.