Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen V on Prime

So I like that this series shows what will likely be the next story arc/real life parallel in the Boys.

Basically what happens when an obviously privileged group (super powered people) become convinced they're actually oppressed by others. Mirroring what's happened in America over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    So I like that this series shows what will likely be the next story arc/real life parallel in the Boys.

Basically what happens when an obviously privileged group (super powered people) become convinced they're actually oppressed by others. Mirroring what's happened in America over the last few years.
    I'm not sure this is a perfect parallel. I mean how many white Americans have currently or historically been experimented on and systemically exploited by the government or companies (as we've seen in various seasons of The Boys)? But generally speaking, I do see the connections but I think you are simplifying it.

Edit - To be honest, the parallel reminds me more of the dynamics behind the Israeli/Palestinian conflict but I digress given current events. Or the Hutus and Tutsis of c.1994 Rwanda: e.g. a formally exploited group gains vast amounts of power and then viciously oppresses another group that may or may not have oppressed them.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-03-2023 at 07:44 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not sure this is a perfect parallel. I mean how many white Americans have currently or historically been experimented on and systemically exploited by the government or companies (as we've seen in various seasons of The Boys)? But generally speaking, I do see the connections but I think you are simplifying it.

Edit - To be honest, the parallel reminds me more of the dynamics behind the Israeli/Palestinian conflict but I digress given current events. Or the Hutus and Tutsis of c.1994 Rwanda: e.g. a formally exploited group gains vast amounts of power and then viciously oppresses another group that may or may not have oppressed them.

Probably should keep out of politics on this chat. Especially since you dont live there and dont know jack about that situation.

The kids that were literally imprisoned, tortured and experimented on doesn't fit that metaphor. It was satirical when Bluehawk was saying "Supe lives matter" but the Woods is something else.

Re: the first season, the last two episodes really ramped things up and were the most interesting episodes, but I just wish there were more episodes in the season so we could've gotten to know these characters more and gotten more of their lives at God U while the big conspiracy story had time to build. The loss of longer seasons of tv shows results in a show like this being more jammed with plot than character/world building. (the stuff people now call "filler" even though those episodes helped build character rather than focus on plot)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 11-03-2023 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Probably should keep out of politics on this chat. Especially since you dont live there and dont know jack about that situation.
    I might know a lot about it. The first part of your post is a valid point but not the second part people should be able to comment about injustice whenever or wherever it occurs. But, I digress about the current conflict (as I already mentioned) so no more comments about it from me including as an analogy.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-04-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The kids that were literally imprisoned, tortured and experimented on doesn't fit that metaphor. It was satirical when Bluehawk was saying "Supe lives matter" but the Woods is something else.

Re: the first season, the last two episodes really ramped things up and were the most interesting episodes, but I just wish there were more episodes in the season so we could've gotten to know these characters more and gotten more of their lives at God U while the big conspiracy story had time to build. The loss of longer seasons of tv shows results in a show like this being more jammed with plot than character/world building. (the stuff people now call "filler" even though those episodes helped build character rather than focus on plot)
    Well I'm not referring to the kids in the woods. The sentiment was being said prior to anyone knowing about the Woods experiments, so I do think that's where they're going in the Boys. Especially given Homelander's appearance.

Well I'm not referring to the kids in the woods. The sentiment was being said prior to anyone knowing about the Woods experiments, so I do think that's where they're going in the Boys. Especially given Homelander's appearance.
    Did you watch the animated supplemental series? I ask because the experiments and imprisonment aspects were covered there as well, come to think of it they were also covered in Season One of The Boys with the Institute.

Edit - Some horrific things were happening with the prisoners/patients at the Institute too. Plus, there is the ongoing selective breeding program that produced Homelander.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-04-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Nope, didn't watch the cartoon. Just didn't grab me, for some reason?

...There's a cartoon?

Is it the same one that ended with Homelander almost lasering Black Noir or is there another one?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    ...There's a cartoon?

Is it the same one that ended with Homelander almost lasering Black Noir or is there another one?
    I believe they're talking about the "Diabolical" cartoon.

If so I believe its the same one I saw. I thought they were talking about another one.

That is the one, well, one short in the series. The short I was specifically referencing was the one in which a group of teens from the Insitute seen in Season One of the Boys, go on a killing spree to get even with their parents, pretty grim stuff.