Default Netflix Castlevania Rumble

Trevor, Sypha and Alucard. End of S4 for all versions, full loadouts, fight in the Belmont Hold.

R1—Trevor vs. Sypha

R2–Trevor vs Alucard

R3–Sypha vs Alucard

R4–3 way Free-for-all

Bonus round: The trio takes on Richter, Maria, Drolta, Annette and Olrox from Nocturne. Team Nocturne has to assault Castle Dracula while trio defends.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

R1—Trevor vs. Sypha: Sypha has the definite edge in range (theoretically, the morning star's length tended to shift to match what was dramatically appropriate). And I think that she can do more immediate damage to Trevor than he can to her. But if Trevor gets close then he'll have an easier time of subduing Sypha than she'll have at taking him down from a range (Trevor's got good dodge rolls). Small edge to Sypha I think. Like 6/10.

R2–Trevor vs Alucard: Alucard didn't really level up as much as Trevor did during the series. But he was also most likely holding back more during their fight. Trevor can mess him up real good and keep up well enough. But given Alucard's speed I'd lean on him winning 7-8/10.

R3–Sypha vs Alucard: Sypha can hurt him. But in most cases Alucard should just blitz for the win. So like 9/10 to Alucard.

R4–3 way Free-for-all: If Sypha and Trevor focus on Alucard first, since he's the biggest threat, they can most likely take him out. When it's down to them it depends on how injured they are from beating Alucard.

Bonus round: The trio annihilates the Nocturne crew. In their penultimate series they tore a path through a veritable gauntlet full of opponents that would give serious trouble to team Nocture. Even splitting up while doing so. Olrox might be the biggest concern given his cunning and transformation. But I don't think he'd be enough to really stom the trio from winning this quite handedly.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

A problem I have with pitting the trio against each other is that they function so well as a team that it feels like asking which one of my table legs is strongest. A lot of their feats happen together and because of each other. That said, I'm gonna strongly favour Trevor in his matches here. He's the Belmont and it shows.

1. Like I said in the other thread, perspective gets real warped in the fight with Death, but Trevor still takes some bonkers hits there that, taken together with other bits and pieces throughout the series, make me feel like he's got a bit more of the win juice in him than the others. I think he's just a better fighter overall and shows the strongest understanding of what actually works to win fights in his setting. Sypha is an powerhouse, but her range is not so vast as to keep him from getting into his range, and I suspect that he has a better understanding of what she can do in a fight than she does of what he can do, though if they were to go in blind with no grasp of each others' abilities, I'd say that favours Sypha. I'm gonna agree with Dark Soul and say it's pretty close, but I think it might be 6/10 in Trevor's favour.

2. Alucard's speed tended to function a lot more as rapid bursts of velocity where he didn't appear to have immediate enough reflexes to do anything very complicated, so I don't think any kind of outright quickdraw blitz is happening here (I feel like he had some better feats in that area later in the series, but I forget). Trevor was not remotely fazed by that speed in their first encounter despite having never seen it before. Alucard is stronger obviously, and I think in terms of durability, their bodies can take about as much damage, but Alucard is tougher in terms of being able to eat a hit and keep going where Trevor would need a second. Whatever speed Alucard has is definitely a big advantage, but Trevor has proven he can react to it really good, and he seems to think more steps ahead than either of his companions when it comes to immediate combat (see stuff like the fight with the vampire generals where Trevor's seemingly missed throw initiates the sequence of events that ends with all three generals dead because he clearly had the whole fight in his head where Sypha and Alucard were focused on their dudes until he brought it together - pretty much every time something like this happens in the series, it's Trevor). Boiling it down: Alucard can fight harder for longer, but Trevor can fight better and more effectively. Stats vs stats, Alucard will win, but Trevor's stats are *good enough* to let him leverage his other advantages which he will almost certainly do better than Alucard. He should be better prepared for anything Alucard will throw at him than Alucard is for him. I'm least confident in giving a definite answer here, but on vibes, I'm saying Trevor wins.

3. More or less agree with Dark here. I feel like if I were to go back and really intently watch all the fight scenes, I might change my mind, but I'm not sure Sypha has an answer to Alucard's zoomies. I'll say that I think if Sypha gets a chance to centre herself, this becomes a lot harder for Alucard and at that point, I think it looks more like 5/5 or worse for him.

4. Anyone's game. None of them has such a big advantage that they can't lose one on one, none of them is so *overwhelming* a threat that I can reliably say the other two would team up, and they're all packing stuff that can instantly finish off any of the others on a lucky shot. I think this one comes down to pure RNG. Mmmmmmmm...mmaybe a light advantage to Sypha because I think if she can get control of her space with ice bullshit in the initial chaos, she'll be extremely difficult to approach. And she seems the most likely to get a surprise kill on someone who isn't looking at her.

5. There's an outside chance that Annette can get up to some bad business with the castle itself, but otherwise, there's just nothing in Nocturne rocking the feats to have a chance here yet, aside... fuckin.... what's-her-name... the main bad lady who reminds me of Sorceress Adel. She hasn't done a ton, but she seems probably at least underfed Dracula tier.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-16-2023 at 11:11 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    A problem I have with pitting the trio against each other is that they function so well as a team that it feels like asking which one of my table legs is strongest. A lot of their feats happen together and because of each other. That said, I'm gonna strongly favour Trevor in his matches here. He's the Belmont and it shows.

1. Like I said in the other thread, perspective gets real warped in the fight with Death, but Trevor still takes some bonkers hits there that, taken together with other bits and pieces throughout the series, make me feel like he's got a bit more of the win juice in him than the others. I think he's just a better fighter overall and shows the strongest understanding of what actually works to win fights in his setting. Sypha is an powerhouse, but her range is not so vast as to keep him from getting into his range, and I suspect that he has a better understanding of what she can do in a fight than she does of what he can do, though if they were to go in blind with no grasp of each others' abilities, I'd say that favours Sypha. I'm gonna agree with Dark Soul and say it's pretty close, but I think it might be 6/10 in Trevor's favour.

2. Alucard's speed tended to function a lot more as rapid bursts of velocity where he didn't appear to have immediate enough reflexes to do anything very complicated, so I don't think any kind of outright quickdraw blitz is happening here (I feel like he had some better feats in that area later in the series, but I forget). Trevor was not remotely fazed by that speed in their first encounter despite having never seen it before. Alucard is stronger obviously, and I think in terms of durability, their bodies can take about as much damage, but Alucard is tougher in terms of being able to eat a hit and keep going where Trevor would need a second. Whatever speed Alucard has is definitely a big advantage, but Trevor has proven he can react to it really good, and he seems to think more steps ahead than either of his companions when it comes to immediate combat (see stuff like the fight with the vampire generals where Trevor's seemingly missed throw initiates the sequence of events that ends with all three generals dead because he clearly had the whole fight in his head where Sypha and Alucard were focused on their dudes until he brought it together - pretty much every time something like this happens in the series, it's Trevor). Boiling it down: Alucard can fight harder for longer, but Trevor can fight better and more effectively. Stats vs stats, Alucard will win, but Trevor's stats are *good enough* to let him leverage his other advantages which he will almost certainly do better than Alucard. He should be better prepared for anything Alucard will throw at him than Alucard is for him. I'm least confident in giving a definite answer here, but on vibes, I'm saying Trevor wins.

3. More or less agree with Dark here. I feel like if I were to go back and really intently watch all the fight scenes, I might change my mind, but I'm not sure Sypha has an answer to Alucard's zoomies. I'll say that I think if Sypha gets a chance to centre herself, this becomes a lot harder for Alucard and at that point, I think it looks more like 5/5 or worse for him.

4. Anyone's game. None of them has such a big advantage that they can't lose one on one, none of them is so *overwhelming* a threat that I can reliably say the other two would team up, and they're all packing stuff that can instantly finish off any of the others on a lucky shot. I think this one comes down to pure RNG. Mmmmmmmm...mmaybe a light advantage to Sypha because I think if she can get control of her space with ice bullshit in the initial chaos, she'll be extremely difficult to approach. And she seems the most likely to get a surprise kill on someone who isn't looking at her.

5. There's an outside chance that Annette can get up to some bad business with the castle itself, but otherwise, there's just nothing in Nocturne rocking the feats to have a chance here yet, aside... fuckin.... what's-her-name... the main bad lady who reminds me of Sorceress Adel. She hasn't done a ton, but she seems probably at least underfed Dracula tier.
    I tend to agree with this analysis. Well said.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM