Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default 'Blood Hunt,' Marvel Comics' Next Crossover Event, Revealed

I figured this deserves it's own thread since it will be the next big event though of coursee not much is known about it yet.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=241658693

In classic Marvel fashion, BLOOD HUNT will also spill out into a host of tie-in issues in Marvel’s hottest current series and see the launch of all-new limited series, one-shots, and redefining status quos. Brimming with unsurmountable stakes, this startling saga will drag the world into darkness as your favorite heroes struggle to ward off the vampire race’s cursed crusade of terror!

"We have vampires in our books all the time. There's some bad blood there," MacKay said. "What happens if the shoe was on the foot. We've got the Avengers, Moon Knight's Midnight Mission, Doctor Strange, Miles Morales, and of course, Blade, and there's going to be more vampires you can shake a stick at."

Haven't kept up with it but didn't the vampires have their own nation? I guess that wasn't good enough for them anymore.
    "This is me being reasonable"

It's a Jed Mackay led event so I'm definitely on board for this especially with Larraz on art. Can't wait for this event to get started.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Marvel VS Vampires?

Hey why not, at least the heroes aren’t fighting each other.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Who will bite it? Aside from the very cheeky play on words, have to wonder if it alludes to someone who they will kill off? I love that McKay has an interest in Tigra and has used her throughout his Moon Knight run and she amongst everyone in the teaser image is the only one who is not a major player in the Marvel realm. I hope that's not a nail in her coffin in that her only appearances have been in MK.
    However it is Jed Mackay and I will read just about anything he wants to write.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Hellion has blood. He could be in this event.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I trust Jed Mackay but does Superheroes vs vampires really need to be an event?

It's a shame Marc will apparently be dead when this happens.

Now he'll never get his money from Dracula...

Niffleheim

I've been enjoying Blade-centric stories recently, from Vampire Nation one-shot, Blade's Mother of Evil arc, upcoming Miles Morales' Bad Blood arc and now this crossover.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Spectacular Member

These vampires better be strong. Didnt Hulk almost destroy Dracula and his army in Fear Itself?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I trust Jed Mackay but does Superheroes vs vampires really need to be an event?
    Yes-if you are going to include Blade in it.

Because what I SUSPECT in the motive for all this is to get as much NEW Blade material that you can get before the movie comes out.

So you will have more recent material to go along with the likely hood of new trade versions of what blade material that is already out there.

Aside from his first appearances-I don't think his previous series and mini and even stint in Mighty Avengers has been reprinted in say the last 13 years.

Mighty Member

They have been building for it in several of the books. The earlier Avengers run set up the vampire nation, moon knight was dealing with a planned expansion of it for much of the first few arcs, and Blade and Strange are dealing with a threat that's supposed to empower the underworld right now in Blade.

Blade and Miles are also currently in the middle of a vampire arc too

I guess that serves as a prelude to this. I'm surprised Bloodline isn't on the teaser art. She's Blade's recently introduced daughter/sidekick and is also in the Miles Morales arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Tony, Mackay and vampires?!....... SOLD! Really looking forward for a Marvel vs. Vampire storyline/event .
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess that serves as a prelude to this. I'm surprised Bloodline isn't on the teaser art. She's Blade's recently introduced daughter/sidekick and is also in the Miles Morales arc.
    Same actually. If I had to bet, she'll probably appear. No reason not to give her this type of high profile appearance

Shouldn't Else Bloodstone be in this too?