Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Blade's solo is cancelled, but both he and his daughter are in other books - he's in Midnight Sons and Bloodline is in Dracula - so Blade will probably show up there as well.
    Do you have confirmation on the book being cancelled?

Mighty Member

It's still solicited through April and it'd be odd to cancel it right before he's the center of an event...unless they're going to use it to relaunch another creative team?

I'm not terribly excited by this event, but I can't wait for the Avengers tie-in. Finally we'll have a new team that's not a complete copy of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I trust Jed Mackay but does Superheroes vs vampires really need to be an event?
    And 45 issues long it seems...why?

Plus i heard they will charge extra for issues that show extra blood...they just had Sabertooth go postal on Wolverine and had Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Polaris go to town on Orchis. I see no reason why they would try to gauge people for just a little extra.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Blade's solo is cancelled, but both he and his daughter are in other books - he's in Midnight Sons and Bloodline is in Dracula - so Blade will probably show up there as well.
    Wait, what?
    Who has a link?
    I agree with Mantis-Ray, this is illogical.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

His book not tying in is illogical. And Midnight Sons is the same writer. Ergo, we can safely say it's gone.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Seems like they're using this event to relaunch the series: https://twitter.com/Dinobat2020/stat...17348636803199

Bryan Hill says his series leads up to Bloodhunt, then he switches over to Midnight Sons with more Blade coming for him after

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Seems like they're using this event to relaunch the series: https://twitter.com/Dinobat2020/stat...17348636803199

Bryan Hill says his series leads up to Bloodhunt, then he switches over to Midnight Sons with more Blade coming for him after
    That's good, that at least his run hasn't been canceled. Kind of reminds me of how Chip Zdarsky's Daredevil was ultimately split into two parts, the first leading into his Devil's Reign event that culminated in "Mayor Fisk" being exposed (once again) as a criminal and run out of NYC after trying to outlaw superheroes, the second dealing with the aftermath of Devil's Reign and moving forward from there.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Okay so its sorta like how Orlando's Scarlet Witch book is continuing into SW and Quicksilver mini with plans of more stories after.

I assume the defeat of Adana will signal a new phase of the book after Blood Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay so its sorta like how Orlando's Scarlet Witch book is continuing into SW and Quicksilver mini with plans of more stories after.

I assume the defeat of Adana will signal a new phase of the book after Blood Hunt.
    That's a good analogy or comparison there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

I was annoyed by that and likewise with Blade. Start/Stop, renumber and/or rename....its exhausting.

Mighty Member

I hear you, I think they do it to bump reader numbers up even though its annoying for people following the series. The Blade series has been getting really good reviews, but the sales have been nouncing up and down every month (the issue with Dracula sold pretty well).

With the way monthlies creep up it just creates an easy stopping point.
    I've done it the past 15yrs as life has evolved and my financial needs are tugged elsewhere.
    I then pick up TPB or Omnis at a much reduced cost vs monthly books anyway, flipping the TPBs on Ebay for almost even money sometimes meaning I've read the stories for almost free in some cases.

At this point I've dropped all of DC, not because I don't like dozens of their characters/teams but a Crisis every 4-6yrs made for a clean breaking point. I got off the carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've done it the past 15yrs as life has evolved and my financial needs are tugged elsewhere.
    I then pick up TPB or Omnis at a much reduced cost vs monthly books anyway, flipping the TPBs on Ebay for almost even money sometimes meaning I've read the stories for almost free in some cases.

At this point I've dropped all of DC, not because I don't like dozens of their characters/teams but a Crisis every 4-6yrs made for a clean breaking point. I got off the carousel.
    Conversely maybe it'll prove a good jumping on point to be the people who've been sleeping on this book. A new number one launching out of a big event should get more eyes than issues 10 or 11 of an under the radar title.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Fair and valid, given how those "Crisis" events every few or several years seem to end with the DC Multiverse being blown up and/or reconstructed. Last one ended with the restoration of the "Infinite Earths" version of the DC Multiverse, though, so that might be a hopeful sign.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Conversely maybe it'll prove a good jumping on point to be the people who've been sleeping on this book. A new number one launching out of a big event should get more eyes than issues 10 or 11 of an under the radar title.
    That's also a fair and valid point there.