Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    https://screenrant.com/doctor-strang...marvel-comics/ has the basics.

There was also a story sometime later that resurrected a whole bunch of formerly-dead vampires, but I can't find it right now.

As to why they did it... I think editorial felt vampires were getting stale, as superhero power levels increased. So they decided to let Drac & co go out with a bang.

ETA: The dead vampires were resurrected in Blade v4 #12, in 2007.
    And then a bunch of them died again in MI:13 when Dracula's plot to establish a vampire nation failed and they got burned up in the atmosphere.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I wonder how he will write around T’challa’s king of the dead powers or whether it will be forgotten. Vampires are dead no? Maybe it doesn’t apply
    They're the Undead which has a different context from being dead-dead?

I always thought his KotD title was only in relation to the previous, deceased Black Panthers of Wakanda and specific to the dead of Necropolis, not all dead people/things, everywhere.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

I do wonder if they'll explain why Thor doesn't just whip up some rain, and say "This downpour has my blessings."

I mean hell, Jed did something like that in Moon Knight.

Because vampires aren't weak to rain? It'd be more likely to affect werewolves due to the clouds obscuring a full moon.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because vampires aren't weak to rain? It'd be more likely to affect werewolves due to the clouds obscuring a full moon.
    You remember that Thor is a God, right?

So, logically, what's keeping him from making his rain holy water?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post

He's a god, not the God. Huge difference.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thor is an Asgardian, an advanced alien race with different physiology that makes them superior. So around more mortal races they pass themselves off as gods.
    Asgardians die, Ragnarok is a huge part of their lore.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    You act as if only Christian symbolism can hurt vampires in the MU, and that's never been the case.

Especially with Jed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thor is an Asgardian, an advanced alien race with different physiology that makes them superior. So around more mortal races they pass themselves off as gods.
    Asgardians die, Ragnarok is a huge part of their lore.
    He's a God, and he decides what's holy. IIRC, he handed Dracula his rear

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I wonder how he will write around T’challa’s king of the dead powers or whether it will be forgotten. Vampires are dead no? Maybe it doesn’t apply
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They're the Undead which has a different context from being dead-dead?

I always thought his KotD title was only in relation to the previous, deceased Black Panthers of Wakanda and specific to the dead of Necropolis, not all dead people/things, everywhere.
    He did introduce himself to one of Thanos's Black Order when they fought in Infinity by Jonathan Hickman as, "King of the Dead . . . and soon to be your new lord."

I do wonder if they'll explain why Thor doesn't just whip up some rain, and say "This downpour has my blessings."

I mean hell, Jed did something like that in Moon Knight.

You act as if only Christian symbolism can hurt vampires in the MU, and that's never been the case.

Especially with Jed.

He's a God, and he decides what's holy. IIRC, he handed Dracula his rear
    Oh, yeah, it has to be "something the holder actually reveres and has faith in," which doesn't automatically have to be a Christian cross or rain blessed by the Christian God. When Logan tried it way back in Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men and the first encounter with Dracula there, Dracula laughed him off because he had no faith in the symbol he was trying to invoke. Not so much with Kitty Pryde and her Star of David necklace, though, which would go to your point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was a reference to a recent Moon Knight comic. Moon Knight has to fight an army of vampires inside a building, so he starts a fire that activates the fire sprinklers and blesses the water coming from it. That's what hurts the vampires, not mere water, but holy water, weaponized by Moon Knight.

Of course, Moon Knight can do that because he's a priest. I'm not sure if Thor can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He did introduce himself to one of Thanos's Black Order when they fought in Infinity by Jonathan Hickman as, "King of the Dead . . . and soon to be your new lord."

Oh, yeah, it has to be "something the holder actually reveres and has faith in," which doesn't automatically have to be a Christian cross or rain blessed by the Christian God. When Logan tried it way back in Chris Claremont's Uncanny X-Men and the first encounter with Dracula there, Dracula laughed him off because he had no faith in the symbol he was trying to invoke. Not so much with Kitty Pryde and her Star of David necklace, though, which would go to your point.
    Yeah, Kitty was able to make the Star of David work, and Nightcrawler was able to make a cross work. They could not have used each other's symbols, and none of the other X-Men could make any kind of holy symbol work.

Astonishing Member

Especially with Jed.

Marvel Comics has traditionally shown that the vampire's own religious beliefs determine what, if any, weakness he/she has to religious symbols. For Christians, it's the cross. I don't thing Asgardian holy water should have any effect on a Christian. It should only work against Agsgardian vampires.

Marvel Comics has traditionally shown that the vampire's own religious beliefs determine what, if any, weakness he/she has to religious symbols. For Christians, it's the cross. I don't thing Asgardian holy water should have any effect on a Christian. It should only work against Agsgardian vampires.
    No, the vampire's beliefs don't matter in Marvel. It's the faith of the symbol's wielder. A christian human can make a cross work against an atheist/muslem/jewish vampire. A jewish human can make a star of david work against an atheist/christian/muslem vampire. A muslem human can make the Koran work against an atheist/christian/jewish vampire. Etc. It's the faith of the human that the vampire is really vulnerable to.

Ultimate Member

I don't recall that ever being the case. Kitty's Star of David worked fine against Dracula, as did Kurt invoking the cross

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    That was a reference to a recent Moon Knight comic. Moon Knight has to fight an army of vampires inside a building, so he starts a fire that activates the fire sprinklers and blesses the water coming from it. That's what hurts the vampires, not mere water, but holy water, weaponized by Moon Knight.

Of course, Moon Knight can do that because he's a priest. I'm not sure if Thor can do it.
    If invoking a God can do it, logic would suggest that the actual God can do it

Mighty Member

I don't recall that ever being the case. Kitty's Star of David worked fine against Dracula, as did Kurt invoking the cross

If invoking a God can do it, logic would suggest that the actual God can do it
    Indeed, The power of Thor can kill Vampires (Thor #332).Capture d’écran 2024-03-11 à 23.41.36.jpg
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !