Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Reposting this here too. Courtesy of JB.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Cool, thanks for posting!! I was hoping at least one of unannounced one-shots was X-Men related and here we have four!

X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – JUBILEE #1
    Written by PREETI CHHIBBER
    Art by ENID BALÁM

FANGS AND FIREWORKS!

Running from the past is one race you’ll never win – and as darkness suffuses the world, Jubilee’s past as a vampire is back to take a big bite out of her! It’s gonna take more than a couple plasma bursts to get out of this one, Jubilation…

X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – MAGIK
    Written by ASHLEY ALLEN
    Art by JESÚS HERVÁS

MAGIK RAISES HELL!

Illyana Rasputina has returned to her homeland to search her soul and steel it for what comes next. But how will she protect her first home when a vampire army descends on Russia, seeking to turn it into a living hell? She may have been forged in the fires of Limbo, but has it prepared her for the Blood Hunt?

Written by STEVE FOXE
    Art by LYNNE YOSHII

NINJA VS. VAMPIRES!

After serving on the frontlines in the war against Orchis, Kwannon is enjoying some much-deserved downtime with her new lover Greycrow. But when darkness falls across Japan, Psylocke will wield her psionic blade against blood-sucking creatures of legend and faces a foe unlike any she’s ever seen. An all-new villain emerges in the mayhem of BLOOD HUNT!
    "This is me being reasonable"

Part 2

10char

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – LAURA KINNEY THE WOLVERINE #1
    Written by STEPHANIE PHILLIPS
    Art by ROBERT GILL

LAURA’S BLOODIEST RESCUE MISSION YET!

The vampires will stop at nothing in their bid for supremacy, including capturing mutants for hellacious experiments to boost their own power. But not on Laura Kinney’s watch! The Wolverine slices a swath through the vamps, but when she encounters the truth behind their machinations, will an unlikely ally prove to be more than she bargained for?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Conversely maybe it'll prove a good jumping on point to be the people who've been sleeping on this book. A new number one launching out of a big event should get more eyes than issues 10 or 11 of an under the radar title.
    While it does allow for that I'd mention that Blades current title is so new that anyone curious about the character could've already jumped on. I don't see what a difference a year makes in this situation.
    It is one thing for a title to run for years, like say Immortal Hulk. A new #1 makes some sense then. But a title that ran less than a year is suddenly going to have a big influx of curious readers? Same for Scarlet Witch.
    I've always liked the B/C list heroes and supported them but few ever caught on for long.

Now I've got to prepare for braces and Disney cause kids aren't cheap and their smiles are rewarding. So, for the sake of these characters I do hope enough jump on and you're right.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Did we really need four X related one-shots? I can understand why Jubilee got one and maaaaybe Magik. I would have certainly given Storm a special before Psylocke or Laura since she has history with Dracula. I would have liked to have seen them be more diverse in characters. Spitfire should have at the least gotten one.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Did we really need four X related one-shots? I can understand why Jubilee got one and maaaaybe Magik. I would have certainly given Storm a special before Psylocke or Laura since she has history with Dracula. I would have liked to have seen them be more diverse in characters. Spitfire should have at the least gotten one.
    Definitely do not. One-shots aren't popular to begin, so not sure why they didn't do a 4-issue mini-series instead. These are all a cash grab -- most stories will be forgotten in a few months. I'm interested in the main book, but some of these offshoots seem ill conceived.

So many X-Ladies...bring back X-Terminators .

Official trailer and trading cards announcement

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...vengers-battle

Astonishing Member

Are there people who buy every book that is associated with the Blood Hunt story? I mean, that is a pretty expensive undertaking.

I would rather not touch anything than spend so much money on it.

Mighty Member

Still trying to figure out how Blade figures into this. Sounds like some of this might spin out of his fight with the Adana.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Are there people who buy every book that is associated with the Blood Hunt story? I mean, that is a pretty expensive undertaking.

Trade wait it, get it for 42% off the week of release at IST. It'll be the cheapest way to read it...or any story really.

Trading cards, superhero trading cards are still a thing or this is just an unusual throwback for a tie-in?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GHCgllQa...name=4096x4096

Cover reveal for Blood Hunt #3, courtesy of IGN Fan Fest; Poor Miles!

Many of these covers is a constant reminder of my longing to get back into X-Men titles, especially seeing that Magik cover. But I don't know where to start it's been so long

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Trade wait it, get it for 42% off the week of release at IST. It'll be the cheapest way to read it...or any story really.

Trading cards, superhero trading cards are still a thing or this is just an unusual throwback for a tie-in?
    I will buy maybe two of the minis and maybe two of the one shots outside of the regular series (and whatever series I buy already of the crossovers) but of the other minis and one shots...those I will eventually pick up at a local used book store for anything from a quarter to two bucks. The same with DC's recently announced Absolute Power event. It's all just too dang much.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm only buying the main event issues...BH 1-5 and the Avengers tie-in #14-16 and that's because I'm already reading/buying the Avengers. That's 8 books total. As far as I'm concerned everything else is irrelevant.

Despite what the Editors would have you believe...History has shown you do not...absolutely do not...HAVE! to buy every book in an event.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Not me & honestly I actually plan to get a healthy amount of the tie-ins but not all and won't be going for the redband edition of the main book.