Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Many of these covers is a constant reminder of my longing to get back into X-Men titles, especially seeing that Magik cover. But I don't know where to start it's been so long
    They'll be relaunching soon!

Yeah, if you're lapsed, you should just wait for July's relaunch.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Blood_Hunters_Vol_1_2.jpg

It look likes "Blood Hunters" tie-in is just another anthology mini-run, especially with Elsa Bloodstone with it.

Mighty Member

Yea thats exactly what it's solicited as. I've loved the solicits so dark. We're getting so many overlooked supernatural characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Blood_Hunters_Vol_1_2.jpg

It look likes "Blood Hunters" tie-in is just another anthology mini-run, especially with Elsa Bloodstone with it.
    It's Kate who confirms that for me, since she's already in the Avengers tie-in. It was assumed she was there because Clint was already on a different team, but it looks like that's not the case.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I read that Blade's daughter is teaming up with Dracula for this event. It would be a nice parallel to see Lilith, Dracula's Daughter team up with Blade. I haven't read anything concerning Lilith for BH, maybe it will be a surprise. Can't imagine such a huge vampire event would neglect my favorite vampire character.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    While it does allow for that I'd mention that Blades current title is so new that anyone curious about the character could've already jumped on. I don't see what a difference a year makes in this situation.
    It is one thing for a title to run for years, like say Immortal Hulk. A new #1 makes some sense then. But a title that ran less than a year is suddenly going to have a big influx of curious readers? Same for Scarlet Witch.
    I've always liked the B/C list heroes and supported them but few ever caught on for long.

Now I've got to prepare for braces and Disney cause kids aren't cheap and their smiles are rewarding. So, for the sake of these characters I do hope enough jump on and you're right.
    I don't think the years matters as much as it is the faith in the team. I think a Hulk title will automatically have more eyes on it when it launches than say Blade or Scarlet Witch, so you'd need less reason to remind people to check it out. Blade or Scarlet Witch might have as much eyes on it out the gate as you would like, so I get tying it into a major event and launching again as a way to try to get more attention. Then you could slap on a "returning with a brand new #1" for the retailers.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I read that Blade's daughter is teaming up with Dracula for this event. It would be a nice parallel to see Lilith, Dracula's Daughter team up with Blade. I haven't read anything concerning Lilith for BH, maybe it will be a surprise. Can't imagine such a huge vampire event would neglect my favorite vampire character.
    Now that you bring it up, that would be pretty cool to see.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Villains for Blood Hunt finally unveiled

Meet the Bloodcoven, Megrim, Cruel, Unusual, the Damascene, Smoke Eater, and their leader, Bloodstorm One, a clone of Dracula created by Hydra. They are essentially the superhuman equivalent to vampires, feasting on the blood of superheroes that has catapulted them to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Villains for Blood Hunt finally unveiled

Meet the Bloodcoven, Megrim, Cruel, Unusual, the Damascene, Smoke Eater, and their leader, Bloodstorm One, a clone of Dracula created by Hydra. They are essentially the superhuman equivalent to vampires, feasting on the blood of superheroes that has catapulted them to the next level.

I love their looks!

McKay is doing a great job introducing new villain teams to the MU. And Larraz excels at designing monsters and odd creatures.

can't wait for Blade to really bring it to all of these new villains.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    can't wait for Blade to really bring it to all of these new villains.
    That is indeed what we're here for, ultimately.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"I knew going in that vampires weren't bad enough. If the children of the night were going up against the Avengers, let alone the other heroes of the world, bigger guns were required,"

That's not true. Vampires already have more or less the combined powers of Storm, Shadowcat, Mesmero, Vermin, and Sabretooth. All you need to do to make them a threat, even to superheroes, is have them use their canon powers in intelligent combination.

This addition of non-vampire villains is a solution to a problem the writer himself created by writing the vampires as if they were just fanged zombies instead of creatures with enough powers to make a decent X-Men team divided up.