Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Indeed, The power of Thor can kill Vampires (Thor #332).Attachment 138228
    At the risk of being utterly blasphemous . . . "The power of Thor compels you!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    No, the vampire's beliefs don't matter in Marvel. It's the faith of the symbol's wielder. A christian human can make a cross work against an atheist/muslem/jewish vampire. A jewish human can make a star of david work against an atheist/christian/muslem vampire. A muslem human can make the Koran work against an atheist/christian/jewish vampire. Etc. It's the faith of the human that the vampire is really vulnerable to.
    Yeah, I started rethinking my statement after I posted. Is that true in other vampire lore -- or just in Marvel? I believe Vlad Dracula was Christian in Bram Stoker's novel, so can see why the crucifix would bother him.

Astonishing Member

That makes sense because his hammer is enchanted. Most of his powers are magic-based. But that doesn't mean he can make water holy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, I started rethinking my statement after I posted. Is that true in other vampire lore -- or just in Marvel? I believe Vlad Dracula was Christian in Bram Stoker's novel, so can see why the crucifix would bother him.
    There are too many vampire lores to count, who knows?

I know in Buffy, only Christian crosses and holy water worked. But Joss was never fond of digging into his own mythos, so the why was explained behind the scenes, in that vampires pissed off the church, and the church added a little magic to their ceremonies.

In Harry Dresden, objects of faith work the same in the MU. As long as they are a believer, they'll repel vampires.

The panel makes it clear that it only works because it is "wielded by a staunch believer". In other words, it got juiced up by faith.