Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Indeed, The power of Thor can kill Vampires (Thor #332).Attachment 138228
    At the risk of being utterly blasphemous . . . "The power of Thor compels you!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    No, the vampire's beliefs don't matter in Marvel. It's the faith of the symbol's wielder. A christian human can make a cross work against an atheist/muslem/jewish vampire. A jewish human can make a star of david work against an atheist/christian/muslem vampire. A muslem human can make the Koran work against an atheist/christian/jewish vampire. Etc. It's the faith of the human that the vampire is really vulnerable to.
    Yeah, I started rethinking my statement after I posted. Is that true in other vampire lore -- or just in Marvel? I believe Vlad Dracula was Christian in Bram Stoker's novel, so can see why the crucifix would bother him.

Astonishing Member

That makes sense because his hammer is enchanted. Most of his powers are magic-based. But that doesn't mean he can make water holy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, I started rethinking my statement after I posted. Is that true in other vampire lore -- or just in Marvel? I believe Vlad Dracula was Christian in Bram Stoker's novel, so can see why the crucifix would bother him.
    There are too many vampire lores to count, who knows?

I know in Buffy, only Christian crosses and holy water worked. But Joss was never fond of digging into his own mythos, so the why was explained behind the scenes, in that vampires pissed off the church, and the church added a little magic to their ceremonies.

In Harry Dresden, objects of faith work the same in the MU. As long as they are a believer, they'll repel vampires.

The panel makes it clear that it only works because it is "wielded by a staunch believer". In other words, it got juiced up by faith.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

BH 01 was so frocking good!!! That's how you start an event. And that last page...MacKay is divine. Pepe Larraz and Marte Gracia are anointed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

spoilers:
    The Marvel Universe vs Vampires sounds kind of basic for an event, but with Jed Mackay and Pepe Larraz handling it, you just have to give it a chance.

I honestly forget how many Darkforce users exist in the MU. Not that it did them good here. Kind of similar to what happened in Secret Empire.

Pretty typical rapid pace event cycling through different moment while still giving you plenty of action shots that Larraz always delivers on.

Miles wielding his sword like a knight slaying monsters. What did Blade do to him? Or was that the real Blade?

Mackay really likes introducing anti-Avengers groups with cool designs. Can't wait for the inevitable rematch!

I think T'Challa and Sam are totally square now that he's sacrificed himself to save Sam though saying the "symbol can't die" was kind of funny knowing Steve is also around and will have tie-in in Avengers. I get that Sam is also Cap and equally carries a symbol in a way different than Steve but it came off like "we only have one Captain America and he can't die."

I love how Dr. Strange's go-to is still wiping out all vampires again. Would Blade probably have been included this time now that he has embraced more of his vampire powers? I also like how they acknowledged how Wanda would want no part in wiping out an entire race (again).

They pulled a DC vs Vampires reveal where Blade is the Big Bad...though there's definitely more to it.
    end of spoilers

Who are
    spoilers:
    The botton 3 Darkforce users on the page of Darkforce users?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Is the version available for digital on Amazon the red band or censored version

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Is the version available for digital on Amazon the red band or censored version
    I only saw the normal version on Amazon which really sucks.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Who are
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Is the one on the far left supposed to be this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by XenobladerX View Post
    Is the one on the far left supposed to be this guy?
    Thats a good call most likely him thanks! spoilers:
    seems the other 2 or Norio and Left Hand
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; Yesterday at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Who are
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Far right I think might be Silhouette? I'd love the middle one to be Asylum from the New Warriors, but I don't think it's him.
    Last edited by kevlon; Yesterday at 02:25 PM.

Wow, what an issue. I seem to recall McKay talking about how the most powerful players would be taken off the board and well we see that. The Avengers and Dr. Strange taken out like that. It struck me how yes this was a massive attack but it wasn't uncoordinated.

In terms of the reveal of the main bad guy, I had a strong suspicion as soon as the Avengers were attacked. And then I could sense it as Blade was talking with Dr. Strange. It's an interesting subversion. I thought it was going to be Dracula, not Blade. But really, Blade? It's unexpected but how shocking is it? I'd like to see justification.

Still, this was a good issue. Want to read it again!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

spoilers:
    I think Blade is possessed by Varnae, the first Vampire. He specifically mentions that the Darkforce attack was accomplished with pre-Cataclysm Atlantean rituals. That’s exactly Varnae’s deal.

end of spoilers