Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Gang Wars is enough for me. I’ll probably cherry pick this. I hope the Legion of Monsters is in this. The real ones.

Why are the vampires fighting so stupidly in all of the art I've seen so far?

Imagine this: you're immortal. You could live forever if you play your cards right. You've got hypnotic powers, meaning you could send people with bombs strapped to them against your enemies without ever risking your immortal existence. You've got the power to control swarms of predators and vermin, meaning you could literally tidal-wave your enemies with rats in the larger cities, without ever risking your immortal existence. You've got the power to control the weather, meaning you could send thunderbolts after your enemies without ever risking your immortal existence. You can turn to mist, meaning that if your enemies find you, you can float intangibly away and do all the things previously listed.

Do you, A, do those things, or B, charge your enemies like a bunch of fanged zombies?

According to Marvel writers, you pick B, because Marvel writers don't understand the difference between an immortal with a swiss-army-knife of powers and a zombie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Dammit, there goes Tigra.. or the other Moon Knight. Everyone else is safe…
    Being that McKay has been featuring Tigra -- I don't think it was building up to her death, but you never know. If she dies, I doubt it will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

Imagine this: you're immortal. You could live forever if you play your cards right. You've got hypnotic powers, meaning you could send people with bombs strapped to them against your enemies without ever risking your immortal existence. You've got the power to control swarms of predators and vermin, meaning you could literally tidal-wave your enemies with rats in the larger cities, without ever risking your immortal existence. You've got the power to control the weather, meaning you could send thunderbolts after your enemies without ever risking your immortal existence. You can turn to mist, meaning that if your enemies find you, you can float intangibly away and do all the things previously listed.

Do you, A, do those things, or B, charge your enemies like a bunch of fanged zombies?

According to Marvel writers, you pick B, because Marvel writers don't understand the difference between an immortal with a swiss-army-knife of powers and a zombie.
    Mooks gotta be mooks.

They're probably not elite vampires anyways.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mooks gotta be mooks.

They're probably not elite vampires anyways.
    Most vampires don't have all those powers yeah.

Its more of a greater vampire thing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

That is an interesting point you raise, however. Somewhat reminds me of a quote from one of the Vampire: The Masquerade books regarding why vampires keep their existence a secret despite being incredibly powerful compared to humans, namely that even if most vampires can generally kill humans in a one-on-one straight fight, most vampires can't take on a full-on army and hope to survive, much less win. To put it another way, subterfuge and concealment are how vampires survive and thrive amongst humanity, especially since humans in sufficient numbers and with sufficient armaments can manage to kill vampires.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

If Hannibal King will be involved, I'm interested.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    If Hannibal King will be involved, I'm interested.
    Would be cool if they did bring him back.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Being that McKay has been featuring Tigra -- I don't think it was building up to her death, but you never know. If she dies, I doubt it will stick.
    What is the last death that stuck?
    Death is a cheap shock trick that has well outlived its impact on a story. IPs to protect and all that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

New Tie-In are here. I wonder if anyone chec k it out?

bloodhuntannouncementteaser_update2.jpg

Mighty Member

Ooo cool to see Union Jack get some shine. He's been overlooked

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Ooo cool to see Union Jack get some shine. He's been overlooked
    Too bad Spitfire couldn't be a headliner as well. She deserves her time as well -- especially since Jacqueline was going to be Union Jack/Jaq initially (but couldn't make the outfit work on a female frame).

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is an interesting point you raise, however. Somewhat reminds me of a quote from one of the Vampire: The Masquerade books regarding why vampires keep their existence a secret despite being incredibly powerful compared to humans, namely that even if most vampires can generally kill humans in a one-on-one straight fight, most vampires can't take on a full-on army and hope to survive, much less win. To put it another way, subterfuge and concealment are how vampires survive and thrive amongst humanity, especially since humans in sufficient numbers and with sufficient armaments can manage to kill vampires.
    This was also how Castlevania handles it since if a human figures out how to fight them effectively, they can wipe large numbers of them out. Most vampire fiction also hint that there are more low level vampires who aren't that powerful compared to higher level vampires on Dracula's level.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Too bad Spitfire couldn't be a headliner as well. She deserves her time as well -- especially since Jacqueline was going to be Union Jack/Jaq initially (but couldn't make the outfit work on a female frame).
    How do you know she won't? There's still four minis and six one-shots to be announced.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Who wants to bet somewhere in all those blanked out cover images are book titles Nightstalkers and or Midnight Sons? I would have actually preferred either of those names to the name they chose for Dagger's team of Blood Hunters...talk about welcome to the 90's. However, I fully expect to see at least one if not both of those concepts revived and will be completely shocked if they aren't.
    Also, echoing the question...where are Elsa Bloodstone and the Lady Jaqueline Falsworth Crichton also known as Spitfire?

I will say this, I was hoping for this to be somewhat contained and not Marvel (or DCs) recent standard of late with a main mini series multiple spin off mini series, one shots and crossovers, but oh well, it is what it is.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski