Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #107 Preview

Nightwing #107 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Stephen Byrne

Yeah, I can't really feel invested in anything Ric related no matter how Taylor tries to sell it or the pirate thing.

Extraordinary Member

I'm vaguely certain that Taylor is the only one who could polish that turd otherwise known as Ric, quite frankly. Plus, Stephen Byrne art? Sold!!!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I'm vaguely certain that Taylor is the only one who could polish that turd otherwise known as Ric, quite frankly. Plus, Stephen Byrne art? Sold!!!
    I mean, I feel no attachment to the character of Bea and the pirate thing feels a little half-hearted to me. I'm just not sure what the point is.

At this moment, Taylor's run is compared to Percy's, only with better art.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nightwing #107 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Stephen Byrne

The whole "Nightwing's got a seriously fine ass" thing was a lot more entertaining when it was sneaky subtext/something talked about on the forums/a trait only the crudest of characters occasionally commented on.

At this point, I feel like DC's actively trying to take the joy out of Dick's butt by overdoing it.

Just like they did with "Power Girl's stupendous rack," frankly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I feel no attachment to the character of Bea and the pirate thing feels a little half-hearted to me. I'm just not sure what the point is.
    I mean, Taylor's trying something different. I don't understand what that's necessarily a bad thing. I really don't understand why comic book fans are so adverse to different. How may times do we need to see stories where Dick is frowning and complaining about his daddy issues?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I mean, Taylor's trying something different. I don't understand what that's necessarily a bad thing. I really don't understand why comic book fans are so adverse to different. How may times do we need to see stories where Dick is frowning and complaining about his daddy issues?
    I'm not talking about him doing something different, I'm talking about trying to make something out of a Ric plot point and execution issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not talking about him doing something different, I'm talking about trying to make something out of a Ric plot point and execution issues.
    Except...the book hasn't even been released yet. How do we even know how it's been executed?

Except...the book hasn't even been released yet. How do we even know how it's been executed?
    Just talking about what I've seen so far .