Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm like, who's this Gerard Christopher? What, there was a Superboy TV show in the late 80's early 90's? How did I not know this? Was I off-planet at the time?
    It ran for the same amount of time as L&C and (probably) S&L. But because it was syndicated, it didn't have the same type of publicity as a show on a regular network would. This would have also been around the time of the fourth movie which didn't do well, and, as pointed out, DC didn't exactly want the show around. Having a show about a character you just removed from continuity two years earlier is awkward to say the least. DC in other media was slow to catch up to the comics in the early post-Crisis days. So you got a Flash show with Barry instead of Wally. Who was Flash at that time in the comics.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It ran for the same amount of time as L&C and (probably) S&L. But because it was syndicated, it didn't have the same type of publicity as a show on a regular network would. This would have also been around the time of the fourth movie which didn't do well, and, as pointed out, DC didn't exactly want the show around. Having a show about a character you just removed from continuity two years earlier is awkward to say the least. DC in other media was slow to catch up to the comics in the early post-Crisis days. So you got a Flash show with Barry instead of Wally. Who was Flash at that time in the comics.
    Gerard says in the interview that he was essentially playing Superman in seasons 3 and 4. He'd graduated from college and was working for a bureau investigating unexplained phenomena. The location was not Metropolis - WB would not allow the series to use certain characters/places like Superman and Metropolis. Interestingly, Toyman could not be used but Metallo was allowed to be used - go figure. Per GC season 5 would have moved deeper into Superman and scripts were being written byt WB, who had to OK all the scripts, stopped doing that as season 4 ended and effectively killed the show.

Five Supermen from last week's RI ComiCon. The ultimate crossover. They look great! Hard to believe Gerard is 64. He's 7 years older than Dean, 18 years older than Tom, 20 years senior to Brandon and 28 years older than Tyler. It looks like they had a great time.

Five-Supermen-04-November-2023 (1)2.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 11-13-2023 at 04:31 PM.

"And Tim Daly as Tony Stark!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Another photo from the Con. Brandon and Gerard look pretty much as they did 18 and 32 years ago, respectively, when they played Superman. No gray hair but for the youngest guy Tyler. Gee, I wonder what their secret is. -

five superman.jpg
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 11-16-2023 at 12:37 PM.

I'm convinced Brandon's a vampire.
    Assassinate Putin!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Gee, I wonder what their secret is. -
    For Brandon Routh it's bulletproof coffee. Well, that plus being married to Courtney Ford.

Fun video from Gerard's Instagram re: RI Comicon. GC has a great sense of humor and is fun to chat with. If you get a chance to meet him at a Con it's well worth the effort. GC looks incredible for his age. He and Brandon have changed the least.

Gerard Christopher on RI ComiCon
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 11-18-2023 at 01:30 PM.