Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I can see this being consequence of Maddie doings in Dark X-Men.
    But I don't believe it will have chronological importance.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah I like how it says this will effect the line. Perhaps these characters will learn they had to die in order for this mission to take place, for them to come back around and save the timeline.

Kudos to the X-Office for keeping a lid on this. This is very unexpected and Foxe has done a lot of horror and mind-trippy stuff before.
    They really didn't because did we see Sam on some X-Men material for next year already?

The Fall of the House of X and Rise The Power of X

Isn't that Sam behind Kitty and Polaris and next to Sunfire???

I wonder if they always planned this or it came about quickly since people were so interested in the team.
    They can sugarcoat it all they like but they weren't ready for the reaction folks gave them. Folks cried for a diverse team and they pull that stunt.

ANY Of us could have told them the optics on that was going to stir up a reaction that they didn't expect.

I'm glad Foxe is the one writing, kinda weird that they chose to use different artists for a very short mini.
    I suspect this is a test for those artists. You got 4 issues and nothing to lose in terms of sales-so why not showcase some new talent.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They can sugarcoat it all they like but they weren't ready for the reaction folks gave them. Folks cried for a diverse team and they pull that stunt.

ANY Of us could have told them the optics on that was going to stir up a reaction that they didn't expect.
    Exactly. If Marvel planned for Dead X-men all along, they wouldn't have used the macabre joke of having Jubilee point at an incoming Nimrod as a lucky shooting star. The way they were killed, does not serve as 'marketing' for an upcoming book, but rather just as gallows humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I enjoyed the MU stories he did with Steph Williams of these characters (and Juggs) so I'm stoked for this.

We know Foxe is writing Rachel and he said she's a "very key part" of a project so considering time travel, maaaaybe.
    You beat me to it friend! My first thought was that this is the book Rachel is in and she’ll be guiding this group of mutants through time. Seems like that task would keep her fairly occupied which is probably why Steve isn’t writing her together w/ Betsy.

Will be picking this up for the cast, and cause Foxe has handled Dark X-Men well. The actual premise is meh, but I’ve checked out worse. Also very odd that they announced this like 2 days after NYCC… they honestly should have just announced the whole post-FoX line.

maybe is time travel like X-MEN FOREVER 2001

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    They really didn't because did we see Sam on some X-Men material for next year already?

The Fall of the House of X and Rise The Power of X

Isn't that Sam behind Kitty and Polaris and next to Sunfire???
    Did your question mark button get stuck? Only one is required to comprehend your question. Since when have the Mark Brooks promos been fully accurate? If they were then I'm still waiting for Lilandra, Gateway, Blink, Bill the Lobster, and Baby Havok to show up with some significance. People have pointed out Cannonball in the promo but not a single person guessed we were about to see the X-Men vote winners. Plus with all the interviews that have been done all of the creators that were asked about the Gala team did a good job of keeping tight-lipped about if/when we would see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You beat me to it friend! My first thought was that this is the book Rachel is in and she’ll be guiding this group of mutants through time. Seems like that task would keep her fairly occupied which is probably why Steve isn’t writing her together w/ Betsy.

Will be picking this up for the cast, and cause Foxe has handled Dark X-Men well. The actual premise is meh, but I’ve checked out worse. Also very odd that they announced this like 2 days after NYCC… they honestly should have just announced the whole post-FoX line.
    You might be right on the money regarding Rachel and it makes perfect sense.

I'm so stoked for Foxe to write this cast more fully. While some of the MU stories were better than others, I thought they were all great with Prodigy's being my favorite. Let's goooo!
    Last edited by JB; 10-16-2023 at 03:05 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Wow this is a nice surprise. I'm loving the artists, Steve Foxe's Dark X-Men has been pretty strong so far and this seems to feature a cast of characters well deserving of some spotlight.

I agree Frenzy is also very likely to show up here and I love the idea of Rachel somehow guiding them all through time... in what would basically be a version of what her mum is doing over on Weezie's Jean Grey mini?

The one and only Chris Hassan:

"Well, @steve_foxe and I were already working on a Halloween edition of #XMenMonday this week. The 'Dead X-Men' announcement is just icing on a very spooky cake! Stay tuned... #XMen"

Nice!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

After my initial excitement over my faves Prodigy and Jubilee coming back, I just realized how DUMB of a title Dead X-Men is lol. Just very on the nose. They could've even done with UNdead X-Men as a play on Uncanny X-Men.

So basically the Gala selected team members that died against Nimrod are revived (without resurrection protocols? Demon magic? Plucked out of time right from before they died?) to adventure across the timestream to help cement the X-Men's victory against Orchis? And Rachel maybe organizes it, so...Otherworld magic...?

I know Darwin was supposed to lead the team originally but who will here? Sam? Dazzler? Prodigy? Rachel?

Mighty Member

More time travel stuff? Why is that always the go to? Time travel and AU?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    More time travel stuff? Why is that always the go to? Time travel and AU?
    So was the last gap filler between Bendis and Hickman.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    After my initial excitement over my faves Prodigy and Jubilee coming back, I just realized how DUMB of a title Dead X-Men is lol. Just very on the nose. They could've even done with UNdead X-Men as a play on Uncanny X-Men.
    Dead - X

is what I would've gone with

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Dead - X

is what I would've gone with
    X-Men: Dead

X:Men Dead’s Bogus Journey

They’ve got to play the Reaper.