Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    After my initial excitement over my faves Prodigy and Jubilee coming back, I just realized how DUMB of a title Dead X-Men is lol. Just very on the nose. They could've even done with UNdead X-Men as a play on Uncanny X-Men.
    Not sure how they didn’t think of this, this is so much better. They could even have crossed out “canny” and written dead over it

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Not sure how they didn’t think of this, this is so much better. They could even have crossed out “canny” and written dead over it
    Ooh, I want a variant cover that does exactly this! (Granted, I don't think these X-Deaders are going to actually be UNdead, so much as just resurrected by some means other than the Five. Of which like half of mutants already have been anyway, over the years, so not that big a deal, really.)

If this team has Cannonball and Frenzy and Prodigy, I'm all in. Dazzler and Jubilee are both also fun, so not a clunker in the bunch, for me!

X-men logos recently have been eye-sores.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    X-men logos recently have been eye-sores.
    Probably because they are no longer designed by Tom Muller (Hickman's buddy).

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Cool!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...g-jonas-scharf

It’s a mutant milestone that will take place across space and time, and this final battle for Krakoa’s future will also extend into all-new limited series, including Steve Foxe’s DEAD X-MEN this January! In this four-issue limited series, Foxe—currently exploring the twisted nature of mutantkind in DARK X-MEN—will team up with a host of acclaimed artists including Vincenzo Carratù, Bernard Chang, and Jonas Scharf.

The saga will revisit the key moments in realities’ past that paved the way to Krakoa as a team of fallen mutants are sent through history by Professor X on a desperate mission to reverse Krakoa’s fate! It’s an impossible quest that calls for an impossible team but who are the chosen heroes for this sacred mutant mission? Who are the DEAD X-MEN?!

Death was only the beginning! When the world turned against Krakoa, these five mutants lost their lives…but their mission as X-Men is just getting started. To preserve Xavier’s dream, they must accomplish the impossible—or die again trying!
    I originally missed the Professor X mention and the reference to coordinating the story with Kieron Gillen... I've seen theories of how Charley (either as himself or a Sinisterized version, although the latter would be terribly repetitive) is the one who ends up being the Dominion. This story could easily play into his descent into madness along with what's happening in Immortal...

Spectacular Member mattsarchamp's Avatar

Wow! What a pleasant surprise for me. Never thought I'd see them sooner but here they are back from the dead and most importantly, I think they are in good hands with Steve Foxe. I love most of these characters: Cannonball as he was actually considered to be the second coming for Cyclops as he was looking up to him back then, Dazzler as she's considered to be one of the close friends of Betsy which in this Krakoan Era didn't emphasize, and Jubilee as she was the goofy member of the Blue Team in the 90's.

I don't know but something in my gut tells me that it's like the Chaos War X-Men by Claremont and Simonson where the long time dead X-Men got some action. Just me remembering things.
    Peerless and Fearless

This seems MEH to me
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

The characters are not my cup of tea, with the exception of Jubilee. The story sounds… sort of boring and familiar. Foxe must have something that makes him excited about it but so far I don’t see it.

So skip unless marvel puts something interesting on the table.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like Foxe and the team, but I don't care for the premise. The art gimmick is an interesting idea, but i would prefer to just have a consistent style throughout the series. Seems like it will be a lot of limited series up to the Brevoort takeover, not thrilled about that.
    Same here. I hate that this era is ending with a lot of miniseries.

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this one. Happy that the Gala X-Men are getting their chance in the spotlight, and for something that appears to be very impactful for the overall line of books.

Everyone on the team is excellent, and Steve is both a continuity-miner and a creative writer -- so I'm very interested to see him stretch those mutant-power-muscles in this mini.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    So was the last gap filler between Bendis and Hickman.
    I love how all of the Inhuman stuff (and Blue Gold after it) completely does not exist in your summary of the events.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I love how all of the Inhuman stuff (and Blue Gold after it) completely does not exist in your summary of the events.
    Still waiting for marvel to make it official.

Do we think there will be another announcement today? We're still pretty low on confirmed books for January. We know Fall of the House of X, Rise of the Powers of X, Resurrection of Magneto, X-Force, Wolverine, Dead X-Men, and Iron Man are running, and we have good reason to believe X-Men and Immortal X-Men are continuing, but that's still a lot less titles than we had in Fall of X.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

That being said, I'm really looking forward to this one. Happy that the Gala X-Men are getting their chance in the spotlight, and for something that appears to be very impactful for the overall line of books.
    Well marvel has stated that mini’s are the future since most ongoing sell to little. The decline of the industry and all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

We do still have some ongoings involved. We know X-Force and Wolverine are ongoing through this, and it's likely Immortal X-Men and X-Men are as well (based on how many issues Gillen said he had to write for Immortal, and on the new Cassara art in the trailer for Fall/Rise). Plus Iron Man if that continues to be X-connected.