Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • No Polls On Rumbles

0 0%
  • No Polls On Rumbles

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Default Who is the best fictional intelligence agency ever?

Who is the best fictional intelligence agency ever? Television comics or movies doesn't matter?
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Best how? In power?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

We don’t do polls on Rumbles. But we can happily discuss and debate the topic.
    Chief Curmudgeon

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

IIRC, O.W.C.A. had a 100% success rate, at least in the primary universe/timeline.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

MIB, because Tom Lee Jones.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

M.A.S.K.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The Requiem and Wissenschaft (Anima: Beyond Fantasy TTRP) should be a contender.

The Requiem is an intelligence-gathering/clandestine operations group for a country in Gaia, the world of Anima: Beyond Fantasy. In a world with innumerable 'hidden' organizations as well as secrets layered upon secrets with a frosting of secrets, this organization is one of the least-known groups with one of the best track records for sussing stuff out and getting **** done. Quietly.

The Requiem operates inside the country in question.

Operating outside of the country, there's a similar organization (run by the same person) what goes by Wissenschaft, a bunch of insanely capable people including the Crows, a group of killers who have gone through a quasi-mystical upgrade (the Process) to make them superhuman.

But the thing that sets them above all of the other groups by a long shot would be their effective leader, Lucanor Giovanni, who is a ridiculous genius and planner even by fictional standards. I'll just quote the last time he came up.

Lucanor Giovanni is a character in the Gaia setting of the Anima Roleplaying Game. He's one of the central non-player-characters to the setting. He's also a ridiculously competent character amidst a sea of ridiculously competent characters.

In a world operating in a middle-ages to renaissance level of technology, he finds old technomagical devices and reverse-engineers them to make giant mecha, does complex experiments with genetics and technomagic to make supernatural beings capable of fighting gods (in a world where 'god' means something), and is aware of the deepest secrets of the world in which he lives (something maybe two other people in the setting can claim). His level of knowledge - scientific, medical, historical, sociological, occult, you name it - is pretty much in what the game refers to as the 'Zen' category (difficulty levels for skills don't stop at 'impossible' - beyond that is 'Inhuman', an example of which is getting a score of 17 on an 18 hole golf game, and then Zen, an example of which is 'using the Acrobatics skill to ride a beam of light'). Regarding his strategies and planning, I'll just quote from the rules:

He is able to predict the unpredictable, to draw accurate deductions solely based on his intuition and exploit any results or events in his favour. Sometimes, when something seems like a bad outcome for him, his subordinates are amazed to discover it was all just an elaborate plan perfectly orchestrated in his mind. Perhaps his most inhuman feature is his ability to adapt to any circumstance and master any subject in minutes or hours, which allows him to surpass the best teachers with only minimal attention on his part.

For that last part, as an example, having picked up a sword and practiced with it a couple of times in his entire life (no, seriously, the description is 'two or three times'), he is now 'one of the best swordsmen in the world' (this is a world where 'swordfighting' at the highest levels involves huge swaths of land getting wrecked and people moving at supersonic speed).

Forgive the poor grammar, it's translated from Spanish (originally a Spanish game) and the translators the company used aren't really that spectacular.
    With this guy examining the information his hyper-competent agents bring him and then making plans for them to carry out...well, there's a reason his organization - while small - remains potentially the most hidden and most effective in that world full of insane amounts of organizations working against each other.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-17-2023 at 10:50 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *snip*
    Yeah, Wissenschaft are pretty awesome. Lucanor is ridiculous.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Yeah, Wissenschaft are pretty awesome. Lucanor is ridiculous.
    Wissenschraft, dammit, yeah. Not the Crows, they're part of Wissenschraft. I'm going to edit. ^_^

It should be Wissenschraft and the Requiem (Lucrecio's internal security).

Thanks for the correct.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-17-2023 at 07:28 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Wissencraft, dammit, yeah. Not the Crows, they're part of Wissencraft. I'm going to edit. ^_^

It should be Wissencraft and the Requiem (Lucrecio's internal security).

Thanks for the correct.
    Wissenschaft, not Wissencraft.

It’s basically German for ‘Science’.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Wissenschaft, not Wissencraft.

It’s basically German for ‘Science’.
    I ALWAYS spell it wrong. Thanks. Editing AGAIN. ^_^
    Why are we here?

The Amalgam Universe version of SHILED has Bruce Wayne and Nick Fury both working on it with Tony Stark designing their tech.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The Amalgam Universe version of SHILED has Bruce Wayne and Nick Fury both working on it with Tony Stark designing their tech.
    Why would you bring this up? O_o

Next, someone is going to start talking about Access!
    Why are we here?

I ALWAYS spell it wrong. Thanks. Editing AGAIN. ^_^
    You’re going to hate me. But you’ve STILL misspelled it. There’s no ‘r’. XD
    Chief Curmudgeon

You’re going to hate me. But you’ve STILL misspelled it. There’s no ‘r’. XD
    I don't hate you, I hate my problems spelling it. ^_^ Like I said, that word gives me no end of trouble.

It's like trying to spell satellite. I'm garbage at it, and need to look it up every time (I did for this post as well). I have no idea why. O_o

Thanks!
    Why are we here?