Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well, the two examples you gave are different. A punch , whether Kryptonian or not, had a different surface impact than something smaller/ sharper/ pointier. That a punch would hit her differently than a projectile.

In the 70s I remember a Brave and Bold where Diana takes the brunt of an explosion, and is only dazed thanks to her " tough Amazon hide"

The real answer to all of this is that she never gets shot, because she deflects whatever the projectile is.

And a lack of that is the fault of writers/ editors who do t make writers fall within the parameters of a character and it's established mythos.

The discussion really should be, do we want her to be a flying brick, or do we want to maintain her iconic elements that make her unique?

Also, I think thinking too much about stuff makes comics less fun...lol. we accept the physical impossibility of a solar powered man flying and shooting lasers from his eyes. We accept a man can be the best, smartest, most skilled fighter and detective , the most well equipped warrior in a short amount of time, cuz money . Aliens, magic rings, witches, speedsters. It all take a degree of suspension of disbelief.

So I'm fine with perceived inconsistency in " punch but bullet?!?" Because it's not real. I just want her to maintain the " bullets( or whatever) and bracelets skillset because it's cool, it's unique to the Wonders, and it's visually more interesting that watching crap bounce off of her.

I also don't think she should be able to submerge herself in lava, and that happened once. But that was lazy writing, and I don't consider that indictive of established powers.
    I think it's really funny that you're using 'real world' logic about a bullet being different from a punch but then defend her bullet weakness down to 'thinking too much makes comics less fun.'

I don't need a degree in physics to know that it doesn't matter how different the surface impact is between a punch and a bullet, if the punch is moving faster and made of tougher material. Or are we now pretending that characters haven't been hitting harder and faster than bullets now?

If Diana's body can't stop a slow-moving lead projectile, what's stopping this from happening?

And I just really really really love constantly repeating myself here.......... no one, not one single person, not one soul, in this thread or any thread for that matter has EVER wanted Diana to stop doing the bracelet thing. No one has said that. This is the lightest of strawmans. All anyone has argued is that bullets, man-made lead bullets, shouldn't be a weakness for her.... that's what I'm arguing. And honestly, I hate this thread for having this argument every week. Cause every week, the arguments for bullets remaining a weakness get lazier and stupider.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yes. Applause for the people that want Diana to be almost a glass canon. Can't take a bullet, can't take lava. What is next? Can't take a human punch unharmed? Well it is has happened, guess that is your vision of a ''powerful'' WW

this his (head)canon

...and also when she says she uses the invisible plane so she can listen to some music.

That cartoon wasn't funny to me the first 45 times I saw it and it still isn't.

What does a Lady Gaga song have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The real answer to all of this is that she never gets shot, because she deflects whatever the projectile is.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 11-02-2023 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Then you should also agree with WW being troo weak to face Aquaman, let alone kryptonians. If she should be as fragile as some of you want her to be. She is just the average super human stats character and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    Then you should also agree with WW being troo weak to face Aquaman, let alone kryptonians. If she should be as fragile as some of you want her to be. She is just the average super human stats character and nothing more.
    Sorry, I don't have the bandwidth to care, I'm more concerned with this...

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Themy...unk-can-thrive

I read all the mansplaining about why Atlantis is more advanced, and it basically all boiled down to sexism. I'm not taking over multiple threads to complain about it though.

Jobber is one of those words I learned on Message boards chatting on x character vs y character. I don't think decisions about the character should be made based on that section of the population

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    I have seen some people argue that being bulletproof would take away her iconic bracelets. But that is not true. They are still useful. And can still be used in different ways. Also, at this point everybody should know, that not being bulletproof is the main reason why Diana jobs more often than others. How can you explain the many times that she has been put up against streetlevers? Deathstroke, Ra's al Ghul, katana, batman, joker, and literally no name characters that have put her life to risk with a regular gun. Sure she can still be used as a jobber while being bulletproof. But nobody can deny that being bulletproof would allow her to avoid many bad situations that certain writers love to put her in, taking advantage of a stupid weakness without even a prope explanation. Because in most situations where they want her life at risk because of a normal bullet. They also nerf her speed and reflexes to make the scene happen. As they can't even bother to put effort into think of a clever way to execute the situation, without having to nerf her other abilities in the proccess. So for that is better if she stays bulletproof. You would never see her job to street levelers with regular guns if she was always bulletproof. And that would already be a welcome improvement in this mess known as shared universe.
    Are you approaching the topic in a manner similar to how traits were approached in those 80s RPG games manuals?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Jobber is one of those words I learned on Message boards chatting on x character vs y character. I don't think decisions about the character should be made based on that section of the population
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Are you approaching the topic in a manner similar to how traits were approached in those 80s RPG games manuals?
    And if stories were purely driven by stats, those would pretty much be the most boring stories ever told in the history of the spoken word.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

And if stories were purely driven by stats, those would pretty much be the most boring stories ever told in the history of the spoken word.
    They wouldn't be boring. They would be more coherent.

Extraordinary Member

They'd be predictable. If you want stories you already know the outcome of, just write your own fanfiction.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

They'd be predictable. If you want stories you already know the outcome of, just write your own fanfiction.
    They wouldn't be predictable. As long as she is fighting people on her level or above. You will have tension and doubt if she will win or not. Expecting us to think that stories involving anybody with a gun could end with a dead WW is beyobd stupid. And i don't find WW being unable to react to a speeding bullet, liker they have done more than once, a great story just because she failed to do something that she should be more than capable of doing with her so called legendary reflexes and super speed.

Extraordinary Member

They would end exactly the way you predict and want it to end. That's the very definition of predictability. Like I said, if that's what you want, go write your own fan fiction then. It seems as if that's the only way you'll be satisfied.