Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    They would end exactly the way you predict and want it to end. That's the very definition of predictability. Like I said, if that's what you want, go write your own fan fiction then. It seems as if that's the only way you'll be satisfied.
    Oh. But a fight between Diana and dudes with guns has multiple possible outcomes? Really?. A fight between 2 characters on the same level can go either way. A battle a character with so called Godly powers and regular humans with guns should only end in one possible way. Unless of course you nerf her like they do. So she can't react to a speeding bullet like in priest run, or ruka second run. Now that is quality writing right there sure. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    They wouldn't be predictable. As long as she is fighting people on her level or above. You will have tension and doubt if she will win or not. Expecting us to think that stories involving anybody with a gun could end with a dead WW is beyobd stupid. And i don't find WW being unable to react to a speeding bullet, liker they have done more than once, a great story just because she failed to do something that she should be more than capable of doing with her so called legendary reflexes and super speed.
    I dunno.

I like that each of the three original Can Do characters share many superpowers but each gets there in a different way. It makes for great storytelling/showcase opportunities and it makes for more fun.

But also I find the hangup on bulletproof skin strange as it seems not equally held as a liability. I won't bother with referring to real life physics because whether due to insufficient bandwidth or insufficient willingness to engage the fact is that conversation is one that can't be had if past efforts here are predictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I dunno.

I like that each of the three original Can Do characters share many superpowers but each gets there in a different way. It makes for great storytelling/showcase opportunities and it makes for more fun.

But also I find the hangup on bulletproof skin strange as it seems not equally held as a liability. I won't bother with referring to real life physics because whether due to insufficient bandwidth or insufficient willingness to engage the fact is that conversation is one that can't be had if past efforts here are predictive.
    To me is not fun. Because we have writers using that excuse of a bullet can kill her. To have her getting harmed by peak human level characters puncging her. And they also have to literally nerf her speed and reflexes, everytime they want her to get shot. There is no good tension for the story in this scenario. Just lazy writing all around. WW won't be less of a jobber against Superman if she is bulletproof, but at least she won't be a jobber to regular humans and guns. And her so called legendary reflexes won't suffer in order to show that she can be killed by a bullet.

Extraordinary Member

Oh. But a fight between Diana and dudes with guns has multiple possible outcomes? Really?. A fight between 2 characters on the same level can go either way. A battle a character with so called Godly powers and regular humans with guns should only end in one possible way. Unless of course you nerf her like they do. So she can't react to a speeding bullet like in priest run, or ruka second run. Now that is quality writing right there sure. Sigh.
    Yeah, but clearly from your multitude of posts (often derailing posts about other topics entirely), you'd have her win every fight every single time without question. Hell, you even posted something about wanting her to kill both Supes and Bats with one punch. Legit. Just stick to fan fiction. It's the only place you'll find the kind of WW stories that satisfy you in the least.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, but clearly from your multitude of posts (often derailing posts about other topics entirely), you'd have her win every fight every single time without question. Hell, you even posted something about wanting her to kill both Supes and Bats with one punch. Legit. Just stick to fan fiction. It's the only place you'll find the kind of WW stories that satisfy you in the least.
    What are the multiple possible outcomes of WW vsa dudes with guns? Are you really saying that somebody with the strength and speed she is supposed to have could find herself losing and or dying in such situation? Please. She should always win the fights against normal people with gunbs easily. She is not the type of character that is supposed to struglle with that. That is not the same as wanting her to win everything, or never struggle. The struggle needs to happen organically, by facing opponents oin her level. Not regular people with guns.

I would prefer if WW never interacts with BM and SM. But if they have to interact, i wouldn't mind seeing her kill SM, like they have done to her. SM has killed her easily more than once, but i am sure that is ok with you. Diana is the one who always needs to struggle right? Never the others. Sigh.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Eh. I don't think Diana needs to be bulletproof. It's not like it changes anything. I read Aquaman and Mera are bulletproof, and? Does that mean they're being used any differently than before? Aquaman has been strong as Superman for over a decade now, do other writers care about that? I don't see people posting Aquaman's feats of strength. Heck look at Arthur was used in his first live-action movie outing. The dude could barely hold his own against Steppenwolf. You know who did? Wonder Woman. He got beat by Superman fast. Guess who was the last one standing, that's not Batman? Wonder Woman.

Again. My point is that it doesn't matter about being bulletproof or strong as Superman. If the writer doesn't care, then all those changes are pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Eh. I don't think Diana needs to be bulletproof. It's not like it changes anything. I read Aquaman and Mera are bulletproof, and? Does that mean they're being used any differently than before? Aquaman has been strong as Superman for over a decade now, do other writers care about that? I don't see people posting Aquaman's feats of strength. Heck look at Arthur was used in his first live-action movie outing. The dude could barely hold his own against Steppenwolf. You know who did? Wonder Woman. He got beat by Superman fast. Guess who was the last one standing, that's not Batman? Wonder Woman.

Again. My point is that it doesn't matter about being bulletproof or strong as Superman. If the writer doesn't care, then all those changes are pointless.

Her performance in both JL movies was really bad. She did nothing of worth vs steppen and got 2c shotted by superman. But i don't expect her to stop being a jobber for Superman. My point is that she wouldn't be a jobber to regular humans and guns if she is bulletproof. We won't see normal humans hurting her with their bare hands. Or her being slow to react to a bullet to show a ''dramatic'' moment. Her speed won't suffer like that either.l because being bulletproof would mean they couldn't nerf her speed like they have done in some stories to show her getting hurt by a bullet.

Her performance in both JL movies was really bad. She did nothing of worth vs steppen and got 2c shotted by superman. But i don't expect her to stop being a jobber for Superman. My point is that she wouldn't be a jobber to regular humans and guns if she is bulletproof. We won't see normal humans hurting her with their bare hands. Or her being slow to react to a bullet to show a ''dramatic'' moment. Her speed won't suffer like that either.l because being bulletproof would mean they couldn't nerf her speed like they have done in some stories to show her getting hurt by a bullet.
    Still not bad as Aquaman though.Who by this point, was already "strong as Superman" and still go zero time to shine in the films or anywhere else for that matter.

Still not bad as Aquaman though.Who by this point, was already "strong as Superman" and still go zero time to shine in the films or anywhere else for that matter.
    I have never seen any feats from AQ showing him as strong as SM. But still. She got 2 shotted by SM and did nothing to steppen.

I have never seen any feats from AQ showing him as strong as SM. But still. She got 2 shotted by SM and did nothing to steppen.
    There are a certain portion of the Aquaman fandom that really want that character to be Namor. That includes giving him a level of superhuman strength that is not part of his kit. He IS superhumanly strong but nowhere near top tier. He does have traits that are top tier but superstrength was not one.

Mighty Member

Eh. I don't think Diana needs to be bulletproof.
    Why not?

It's not like it changes anything.
    It might help against Christopher Priest trying to make all of this dusty Greek mythology relevant for Joe Lunchbox again, which is at least a good start.

Aquaman has been strong as Superman for over a decade now, do other writers care about that?
    What are you even talking about?

Heck look at Arthur was used in his first live-action movie outing. The dude could barely hold his own against Steppenwolf. You know who did? Wonder Woman. He got beat by Superman fast. Guess who was the last one standing, that's not Batman? Wonder Woman.
    Are you seriously trying to make the case that DCEU Wonder Woman was impressive because she was the last one who got shat on by Superman?

That should be part of the reason why Editorials exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    There are a certain portion of the Aquaman fandom that really want that character to be Namor. That includes giving him a level of superhuman strength that is not part of his kit. He IS superhumanly strong but nowhere near top tier. He does have traits that are top tier but superstrength was not one.
    AQ is bulletproof. He has plenty of strength feats comparable to namor. I don't remember namor doing anything that would be Superman level feat wise. He is compared to heavy hitters mostly because of scaling with battles he has had against Hulk and others. In fact. AQ has probably had better strength feats feats outside of scaling than Post Flashpoint WW. That should tell us something. And he has been compared to her strength wise and match her more than once in combat post flashpoint. So either, he is stronger now. Or she isa weaker. I tyhink it is both. I see no problem with AQ being top tier. He actually has better strength feats than some people give him credit for. He has million tons feat, a feat taking a continet busting level attack, taking lava etc. The guy is no pushover. Current WW woudn't mind having feats like that, instead of depending so much on lipsevice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Why not?
    It changes nothing. Want another good example? Martian the Manhunter. Has a vast array of powers that should make him the strongest on Earth, but the guy is fourth fiddle.

It might help against Christopher Priest trying to make all of this dusty Greek mythology relevant for Joe Lunchbox again, which is at least a good start

Christopher Priest is doing a Wonder Woman book?

What are you even talking about?
    Aquaman punching Superman. Arthur has been strong as Superman for years, and it's not mattered yet. Takes one good image search to find comic book pages of Arthur fighting Superman.

Are you seriously trying to make the case that DCEU Wonder Woman was impressive because she was the last one who got shat on by Superman?
    I made a case that Auqaman, despite Geoff Johns making Aqauman strong enough to punch Superman, didn't get any good showcase in the movie. It was a comparison.

That should be part of the reason why Editorials exist.
    Never helped yet.

It changes nothing. Want another good example? Martian the Manhunter. Has a vast array of powers that should make him the strongest on Earth, but the guy is fourth fiddle.

Christopher Priest is doing a Wonder Woman book?

Aquaman punching Superman. Arthur has been strong as Superman for years, and it's not mattered yet. Takes one good image search to find comic book pages of Arthur fighting Superman.

I made a case that Auqaman, despite Geoff Johns making Aqauman strong enough to punch Superman, didn't get any good showcase in the movie. It was a comparison.

Never helped yet.
    It changes something. We won't see her hurt or dead by a regular bullet ever again.

Punching superman does not mean he is as strong as him.

Because they don't care about her.

Fantastic Member

It changes something. We won't see her hurt or dead by a regular bullet ever again.

Punching superman does not mean he is as strong as him.

Because they don't care about her.
    I don't think it matters at all how powerful a character is established.

Even if they make her bulletproof, someone will make god-killing bullets in the comics and it will render everything pointless.

Wonder Woman's biggest problem is not her power level, but its being handled by writers who think writing her is homework.