Spectacular Member

Default Which Event/Arcs Are Worth Reading Since 2015's Secret Wars?

Hello guys. Havent been reading comics for several years now.

But I wanna go back again, maybe not as fanatical as before. So I will just stick to 1-2 titles and events(I love events even though they are yearly now). So which arcs(preferably teams or Spidey but I am open for anything) and events are good? Will probably be getting the Omnibus or HC, whichever is available.

X-Men Krakoa is that good?

Also, last year's A.X.E.'s Judgment Day - is it good? Cuz the Omnibus is releasing early next year. (I wonder if Damian can cash-in successfully)

MANY THANKS!!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post

But I wanna go back again, maybe not as fanatical as before. So I will just stick to 1-2 titles and events(I love events even though they are yearly now). So which arcs(preferably teams or Spidey but I am open for anything) and events are good? Will probably be getting the Omnibus or HC, whichever is available.

Also, last year's A.X.E.'s Judgment Day - is it good? Cuz the Omnibus is releasing early next year. (I wonder if Damian can cash-in successfully)

MANY THANKS!!!
    House of X & Powers of X by Hickman (HOX/POX), Daredevil by Zdarsky, Captain Marvel by Thompson, and Moon Knight by MacKay are my favs.

If you enjoy HOX/POX then you can definitely get into the entirety of the Krakoan age of X-Men a large majority of it is really good especially anything by Hickman, Gillen, and Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFnatic View Post

MANY THANKS!!!
    Yes. Judgement Day is good.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yes. Judgement Day is good.
    Seconded. Absolutely loved it. Gillen did a damn good job and I can go on and on about Schiti.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Spectacular Member

Thanks guys. Amazon now has a buy 1 get 1 50% off on some books, which includes the HOX/POX(sadly only TPB) and the first Omnibus of Hickman's X-Men.

What other events after SW that is worth it?

The Spider-Man comics were pretty decent.

Dan Slott tied up his run.
    The first half of Nick Spencer's run (up until #41) was pretty good.
    The current Wells/ Romita Jr/ McGuiness run is Marvel's best-selling comic, and I'm enjoying Slott/ Bagley's satellite (which has spun-off into a new character Spider-Boy)

The Silver Surfer: Black and History of the Marvel Universe were quite good.

I also enjoyed Ed Piskor's retelling of the history of the X-Men. And I'll add to the support for Powers of X/ House of X.

Ryan North's current run on Fantastic Four is exceptional.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I suppose I liked Civil War 11, Secret Empire, and Aaron’s Avengers.

Strange academy is really fun. It is harry potter with heroes.