Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Three Worlds: Krakoa, Arakko, and Human Civilization (e.g., the Mansion)

I have a feeling we’re heading for an integration or juxtaposition of sorts. I suspect Krakoa and Arakko will undergo major governmental/organizational restructuring but remain mainstays while various individual and groups of mutants integrate back into modern-day human civilization via the mansion and other open and covert mutant facilities and headquarters. I envision:

- Xavier relinquishing, by choice or force, his dominance over mutants (I think he’ll do it by choice)
    - Jean and Scott staying on and leading Krakoa (Mark Brooks’ recent promo poster gave me this idea, with the two sitting on and almost wrapped in a Krakoan uni-throne)
    - Ororo staying on and leading Arakko (This seems right)
    - Magneto shepherding the mutants outside of and that shift between the two mutant havens above (This also seems right)

///Postcards from the White Hot Room///
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'd like to see this be implemented as the status quo set at the end of of FOTHOX/ROTPOX and followed up by Brevoort. If Jean and Scott do get to run Krakoa I feel that they are going to try and turn it into a democracy and push it in a role that mingles with humans in a far more benevolent manner as compared to the early Hickman version.

Astonishing Member

I do think they're heading for setting up MCU synergy, like so many people think, but I also don't think it'll play out exactly like a lot of people are assuming - and also, people act like synergy means WAY more coordination/reflection between the books and movies than has actually ever proven true. Yes, the comics have made some major changes to various characters or franchises to align them more with the movies, but in a more general sense, rather than beat for beat. The Avengers, Spider-Man, etc....NONE of their comics accurately reflect the status quos of their movie counterparts in any major plot/narrative sense. They make fundamental tweaks to the characters at times so they're operating from the same kind of baseline, to some degree, but they remain free to be shaped into just about any kind of comic book narrative past that point. Synergy changes direction at times, but it doesn't actually dominate the comic book stories to make them adaptations of the movies and I think that nuance gets lost at times.

So what I think the synergy will result in is an emphasis on aligning major mutants in the comics with what the MCU seems to be setting up so far....wherein mutants are a shadow people, more rumor than fact. I have seen rumors online that Brevoort's hinted that Reed's masking tech will be majorly important going forward, and I think that's the key....I don't think Krakoa or Arakko are going anywhere, but I do think we're finally getting the mutant planet plot that's been batted around the X-Office forever....Krakoa will be relocated to planet Arakko and the two mutant nations will exist side by side but independent on that planet.

MEANWHILE, however, mutants will still be 'reset' back to their most classic hated and feared status on Earth, and the X-Men or various other mutant factions will remain in hiding on Earth - NOT reintegrating on Earth in a rejection of Krakoa like some have been insisting is inevitable (largely wish-fulfillment from certain posters who want the entire Krakoan experiment repudiated by their fave characters BUT I DIGRESS)....but rather just in acknowledgment of the new/returned trend of new mutants manifesting on Earth all the time, and the X-Men returning to their status as outlaws hiding among humanity - likely NOT in a return to the mansion because everyone knows to look for them there - and still protecting a world that hates and fears them when global threats arise....but with their primary mission statement being to move about in hiding on Earth, looking for new mutants manifesting there and either giving them the tools/tech to remain in their lives on Earth, just hidden from detection, or help them relocate to Planet Arakko (perhaps renamed Okkara) which nobody on Earth has forgotten about but is adopting a 'they leave us alone, we'll leave them alone' stance for the time being.

So I do think its going to reset some classic elements, but without removing the framework of Krakoa or Arakko and that we will still get stories in both of those places, and cosmic stories, as I don't think the X-Men or mutants on Earth will be as removed from what's going on there as I think some people are picturing a 'return to the mansion while Krakoa exists in the background' might mean.....I think the mutants on Earth will still be PART of Krakoa and going to and from there frequently, ferrying mutants to safety, etc, but in such a way as to allow them to emulate a lot of the previous beats of the X-Men living in hiding on their secret bases and emerging to rescue new mutants or to save the world from global threats.

(Personally, I'd PREFER a more integrated human and mutant interactive set-up, so we can finally move past the hated and feared stuff at least as far as narrative priorities go....its just not what I see happening, because that IS the element I think the movies will want their shot at most, and frankly, after everything that's happened with Orchis lately and how much humanity's been shown going along with it, I flat out don't buy that Fall of X ends or leads to humans and mutants being like okay actually we're all much better now that Orchis is beat).
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 10-17-2023 at 08:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really like your ideas, Mercury.

But I have a feeling Krakoa and Arakko might not necessarily be a thing going forward. It would be great if they stuck around and still had a part to play though.

I've also been thinking following the hints Magneto is turning back to villainy if we're headed for a bit of a reversal of roles between him and Charles, with Magneto heading up a new X-Men team, thus aligning to the status quo of X-Men 97.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I do think they're heading for setting up MCU synergy, like so many people think, but I also don't think it'll play out exactly like a lot of people are assuming - and also, people act like synergy means WAY more coordination/reflection between the books and movies than has actually ever proven true. Yes, the comics have made some major changes to various characters or franchises to align them more with the movies, but in a more general sense, rather than beat for beat. The Avengers, Spider-Man, etc....NONE of their comics accurately reflect the status quos of their movie counterparts in any major plot/narrative sense. They make fundamental tweaks to the characters at times so they're operating from the same kind of baseline, to some degree, but they remain free to be shaped into just about any kind of comic book narrative past that point. Synergy changes direction at times, but it doesn't actually dominate the comic book stories to make them adaptations of the movies and I think that nuance gets lost at times.

So what I think the synergy will result in is an emphasis on aligning major mutants in the comics with what the MCU seems to be setting up so far....wherein mutants are a shadow people, more rumor than fact. I have seen rumors online that Brevoort's hinted that Reed's masking tech will be majorly important going forward, and I think that's the key....I don't think Krakoa or Arakko are going anywhere, but I do think we're finally getting the mutant planet plot that's been batted around the X-Office forever....Krakoa will be relocated to planet Arakko and the two mutant nations will exist side by side but independent on that planet.

MEANWHILE, however, mutants will still be 'reset' back to their most classic hated and feared status on Earth, and the X-Men or various other mutant factions will remain in hiding on Earth - NOT reintegrating on Earth in a rejection of Krakoa like some have been insisting is inevitable (largely wish-fulfillment from certain posters who want the entire Krakoan experiment repudiated by their fave characters BUT I DIGRESS)....but rather just in acknowledgment of the new/returned trend of new mutants manifesting on Earth all the time, and the X-Men returning to their status as outlaws hiding among humanity - likely NOT in a return to the mansion because everyone knows to look for them there - and still protecting a world that hates and fears them when global threats arise....but with their primary mission statement being to move about in hiding on Earth, looking for new mutants manifesting there and either giving them the tools/tech to remain in their lives on Earth, just hidden from detection, or help them relocate to Planet Arakko (perhaps renamed Okkara) which nobody on Earth has forgotten about but is adopting a 'they leave us alone, we'll leave them alone' stance for the time being.

So I do think its going to reset some classic elements, but without removing the framework of Krakoa or Arakko and that we will still get stories in both of those places, and cosmic stories, as I don't think the X-Men or mutants on Earth will be as removed from what's going on there as I think some people are picturing a 'return to the mansion while Krakoa exists in the background' might mean.....I think the mutants on Earth will still be PART of Krakoa and going to and from there frequently, ferrying mutants to safety, etc, but in such a way as to allow them to emulate a lot of the previous beats of the X-Men living in hiding on their secret bases and emerging to rescue new mutants or to save the world from global threats.

(Personally, I'd PREFER a more integrated human and mutant interactive set-up, so we can finally move past the hated and feared stuff at least as far as narrative priorities go....its just not what I see happening, because that IS the element I think the movies will want their shot at most, and frankly, after everything that's happened with Orchis lately and how much humanity's been shown going along with it, I flat out don't buy that Fall of X ends or leads to humans and mutants being like okay actually we're all much better now that Orchis is beat).
    This... is a fascinating theory. Not sure about Krakoa being moved to Arakko (as I do think Krakoa itself is going away), but I do believe some mutants will still remain on Mars and Arakko will exist as at least a large colony there or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I've also been thinking following the hints Magneto is turning back to villainy if we're headed for a bit of a reversal of roles between him and Charles, with Magneto heading up a new X-Men team, thus aligning to the status quo of X-Men 97.
    This would also make sense, and I think could be the New X-men team from the book with the AoA font, as Magneto led the X-men in that reality too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

My Interpretation is that Okkara is going to be Formed again, on Planet Arakko.

If, that is to be true then All Mutants and Arakkii Mutants will finally be living on Planet Okkara I guess which is Mars.

As for the Mansion, I don't see why they don't relocate the Mansion to Mars, that is IF they want to make the 2 Lands Whole again.

I still say All Mutants should Leave Earth. Let them deal with their own ****.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

The only world I want is the one with Hellion. Everything else can burn. Especially the mansion - Hellion can survive its destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post

If, that is to be true then All Mutants and Arakkii Mutants will finally be living on Planet Okkara I guess which is Mars.

As for the Mansion, I don't see why they don't relocate the Mansion to Mars, that is IF they want to make the 2 Lands Whole again.

Or wallow in it, so to speak.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I still like the idea of Clan Akkaba having their own academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    The only world I want is the one with Hellion. Everything else can burn. Especially the mansion - Hellion can survive its destruction.
    If he's anything like his hands were...

*takes a bow*

THANKS EVERONE! I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!

I second this.

I Imagine a threat that the "humans heroes" cant figth alone and The Avengers and Fantastic Four ask for help to mutankind. and they accept

And so they create "The Humankind is stupid and kinda facist, sorry mutankind and xmen day"

Astonishing Member

Alternately; what about a peace between Post-Humans, Machines and Mutants that leaves the baselines out in the cold (for however long it lasts)

Thisss.

Okkara has been hinted at so i think its well on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    If he's anything like his hands were...

*takes a bow*

THANKS EVERONE! I'LL BE HERE ALL WEEK!
    He'd be immaculate, perfect and taken from us too soon. Yes I agree with your extreme praise.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    I second this.

I Imagine a threat that the "humans heroes" cant figth alone and The Avengers and Fantastic Four ask for help to mutankind. and they accept

And so they create "The Humankind is stupid and kinda facist, sorry mutankind and xmen day"
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Alternately; what about a peace between Post-Humans, Machines and Mutants that leaves the baselines out in the cold (for however long it lasts)
    Either of those would be interesting outcomes, if only to see baseline humanity forced to realize just how much their unceasing hatred of mutants has ultimately cost them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.