Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'll leave the question of evil aside, but Emma Frost is a greedy, power mad and ruthless villain known as The White Queen.
    RIP Butter Rum.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I want the Defenders Big Four—

Doc Strange
    Namor
    Surfer
    Hulk

—and the C-list Three.

Valkyrie
    Nighthawk
    Hellcat
    There's just something special about the period of when Marvel's most powerful super team consisted of a psychedelic weirdo and the three homeless shirtless dudes crashing on his couch.

Irritating that so many (hundreds? thousands?) characters can overpower Ben Grimm.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Irritating that so many (hundreds? thousands?) characters can overpower Ben Grimm.
    I know, right? Back in my day we'd watch on all three channels of our black-and-white television as the Thing would try to slow down a rampaging Hulk. Now, it seems like if the Hulk was to go on a rampage, they'd choose at least a dozen other guys to confront him first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    There's just something special about the period of when Marvel's most powerful super team consisted of a psychedelic weirdo and the three homeless shirtless dudes crashing on his couch.
    LOL...three homeless, shirtless dudes. When you're right, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    RIP Butter Rum.
    Indeed. Truly unforgivable (IMHO):

Boisterously Confused

There's a relatively straightforward order to strength. Galatus. Hercules, Thor and The Hulk. The Submariner (give or take water) and The Thing. Everybody else has to fit in beneath. (except special purpose bad guys like The Abomination and The Juggernaut). None of this nonsense about Moon Knight taking Thor because Mjolnir's got moon bits in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    J. Jonah Jameson, Thing, and Logan should smoke stogies especially Logan he has a healing factor and for crying out loud most comic book readers aren't even kids anymore.
    They don't smoke anymore? Has characters smoking been banned from modern comics?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    They don't smoke anymore? Has characters smoking been banned from modern comics?
    That was Quesada's BIG RULE. Heroes can't be shown smoking. I actually remember seeing quite a few scenes where characters were talking about how they gave it up or where giving it up. (Some characters got away with it in MAX books, as those weren't for children.)

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    That was Quesada's BIG RULE. Heroes can't be shown smoking. I actually remember seeing quite a few scenes where characters were talking about how they gave it up or where giving it up. (Some characters got away with it in MAX books, as those weren't for children.)
    The Thing, Wolverine and Fury (Dum-Dum too for that matter) without stogies is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The Thing, Wolverine and Fury (Dum-Dum too for that matter) without stogies is just wrong.
    Couldn't agree more. But, don't forget about Howard The Duck (XD)

I love how one of the checks is signed "J Shooter".

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    J. Jonah Jameson, Thing, and Logan should smoke stogies especially Logan he has a healing factor and for crying out loud most comic book readers aren't even kids anymore.
    An argument with Wolverine is that it's bad to have a character doing something unhealthy that really people do, when that character would be able to avoid the real-life consequences, unlike fans who choose to emulate him. There are plenty of kids who read comics, but I can get why a writer doesn't encourage people in their 20s or 30s or older to do something that unhealthy.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Did it also go for alcohol?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    An argument with Wolverine is that it's bad to have a character doing something unhealthy that really people do, when that character would be able to avoid the real-life consequences, unlike fans who choose to emulate him. There are plenty of kids who read comics, but I can get why a writer doesn't encourage people in their 20s or 30s or older to do something that unhealthy.
    We all know the arguments, but its way cooler to see some characters smoking or drinking, because it comes closer to real life (in a world of unrealistic super heroes). And I don't think a grown up would start to smoke only because he saw the Thing with a cigar. With the kids I don't know, it might have an affect, more or less, depends on the real life role models of the kid.