Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes and no.

Back when most of us were reading-we didn't start at issue 1. A LOT of us started at issues 200 or 150 or 7 and didn't look back.

When we started NOBODY threw a fit if someone like Falcon got a mini or Power Pack or Generation X or the New Warriors got an ongoing. If Marvel Comics Presents existed.

We saw new characters and NOBODY threw fits. Saying Night Thrasher is putting comic book stores out of business. Or need to band together against an Inhuman or Blade book.

We did not care-it was more the merrier.

If a book got axed-we THANKED Marvel for trying not say this proves an entire race doesn't read comics or nobody like that character or franchise.
    ^^^This seems more like you’re saying FANS were better back when a lot of us started reading comics.
    And they were.

Extraordinary Member

Writers spent years on a book telling multiple stories over that time.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

We don't need a renumbering and a new number one if the inker's cat gets a new brand of food.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Mary Jane is an actress and model, and also a bombshell.

There is nothing wrong with that, looking at you MCU Spider-Man that gave us a Mary Jane that looked and acted like she was a shoplifter at the local GoodWill. Looking at you Insomniac PS5 Spider-Man 2 videogame that gave us a Mary Jane so old looking that she looked like Peter's aunt.why-does-mj-have-a-new-face-model-in-the-marvel-spider-man-v0-y3ff6vjawadb1.jpg
    Last edited by Anthony W; 10-24-2023 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Figured I would post a pic. She really does look old enough to be Peter's aunt in this game
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I've always preferred the big haired MJ of the late 80s and 90s to the more flat haired version myself.

Oh, and another thing, Peter Parker does not just tell people his secret identity. Not even very close friends in the superhero community he's know for a long time. To them, he's just Spider-man and that's enough.

Ultimate Member

What's been done to Beast is criminal.

What's been done to Moira is criminal.

As someone mentioned earlier, cover boxes were part of what made Marvel comics, Marvel comics.

There was a time when mutants were rare and seeing one was a big deal (I know this will never happen but when things were like this, it was very cool).

Ron Lim was the best ever Silver Surfer artist, yeah, I said it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    What's been done to Beast is criminal.

What's been done to Moira is criminal.

As someone mentioned earlier, cover boxes were part of what made Marvel comics, Marvel comics.

There was a time when mutants were rare and seeing one was a big deal (I know this will never happen but when things were like this, it was very cool).

Gruewald and Lim were Peak Captain America.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Writers spent years on a book telling multiple stories over that time.
    ...And sometimes when a book got cancelled, or plots were left unfinished for whatever reason, those stories continued on in other titles. Other writers picked up the baton and finished the damn race emphatically.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A phenomenon we'd see with other rare groups. Eternals. Inhumans. Atlanteans. Aliens. Gods. Cosmic beings from "beyond" or before the multiverse ever existed. Limitless reality breaking magic users who are oh so powerful and yet they don't bother to take half a minute to whip up a spell that will fix themselves. What was once rare is now very much common and run of the mill.

And don't get me started on the omnipotence-endowing weapons and artifacts. Really, no one cared to use any of these devices before humanity arrived on the scene? Life itself should have been wiped out countless times over before Thanos ever came along, if Knull truly hated it that much. But here we are and none of it makes sense.

When it comes to The Silver Surfer, Ron Lim will always be Numero Uno in my book

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-24-2023 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    ...And sometimes when a book got cancelled, or plots were left unfinished for whatever reason, those stories continued on in other titles. Other writers picked up the baton and finished the damn race emphatically.
    ^^^Marvel Two In One was good for that.

Norman Osborn should have stayed dead. So should have Harry Osborn.
    Formerly known as Don't pee in the (Dead)pool...

Superhero costumes should not have visible seams or padding.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Gruewald and Lim were Peak Captain America.
    This a million times!!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That's a fantastic point. There was a sense creative teams served characters rather than vice versa, even when that meant picking up on something you couldn't claim as your own.