Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The real codename of Gar Logan is Changeling not Beast Boy

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    The real codename of Gar Logan is Changeling not Beast Boy
    That's funny - so "cranky old DC fan," but not that old...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Wonder Tot should be brought into continuity so those weren't impossible Wonder family stories after all.
    [tangent] I saw a cute theory about that.

Wonder Tot is a 5th dimensional imp. Batman (Batmite), Aquaman (Qwsp) and Superman (Mzylptlk) aren't the only heroes to attract their attention! Wonder Tot wanted to have adventures with Diana, or *as* Diana, depending on her whim of the moment, or as a *teen* Diana, even if Diana never really had the lasso and powers as a teen or tot, in her original incarnation (having had to win a challenge to *earn* her powers).

In their last 'team-up,' Wonder Tot conjured up a teen Diana to adventure with her and adult Diana, in another of their imaginary adventures, only she got called away abruptly, and didn't 'clean up after herself' like 5th dimensional imps usually do when they leave (or get banished...).

'Teen Diana' was like, 'Uh, now what?' and adult Diana invited her back to Paradise Island, and they settled on the name 'Donna,' which at least sounded enough like Diana to feel right to her, and to people off of the island, Donna was introduced as a completely different person, not a 5th dimensional imp-construct who inexplicably has Diana's powers and magic lasso (which, as an artifact of the gods, isn't something that the Amazons have lying around in profusion to hand out to waifs that follow Diana home!). [/tangent]

In 2006, D.C. continuity jumped One Year Later... right into the dumpster, and never left.

Barry Allen should be dead.

Batman's real sons don't share his DNA.

Amazing Member

Cranky 'Middle-Aged' instead of old:
    • The Reboot Legion was the best Legion
    • The original Young Justice should never have been cancelled.
    • Superman comics sold and were better when 'Man of Steel' was the origin.
    • Barry Allen and Jason Todd should have stayed dead.
    • Events were better when they were not always happening.
    • Kyle should have been allowed to found a replacement Green Lantern corps instead of just bringing back the old one.
    • The Bare-chested hook-handed Aquaman does not deserve to be forgotten.
    • Wonder Woman does not need to be a founding Justice League member.
    • The 'Elseworlds' branding should have been kept.

Lex Luthor should have LOST the election.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Spectacular Member

What's with all the monologues? Can't we have regular narration and dialogue?
    Here's a story idea: Whatever happened to plot? Where is the beginning, middle, or end?
    And the art. They don't even look like reprinted comic strips anymore!

That 90s story where Captain Marvel Jr wants to kill Captain Nazi, but Captain Marvel pulls the old "No, Freddy! If you kill him - I'll have to take you in for Murder!" routine? That is such horseshit.

Based on what I've read, in the Golden Age, Captain Marvel Jr. tried to kill Captain Nazi just about every time they met, and it was great! Multiple issues end with a supporting character asking, "Gee, Freddy, do you think Captain Marvel Jr managed to kill Captain Nazi?" And Freddy basically responds with, "Gosh, I sure hope so! And if not - we'll fucking get his ass next time!" Nobody ever questioned whether it'd be the right thing to do, because the bastard was Captain Nazi.

Uhh, also Captain Marvel and Billy should have separate personalities, and Dr Sivana should always look like Gollum in a lab coat.

This is only one small subset of old-timer rants I could make.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    [tangent] I saw a cute theory about that.

Wonder Tot is a 5th dimensional imp. Batman (Batmite), Aquaman (Qwsp) and Superman (Mzylptlk) aren't the only heroes to attract their attention! Wonder Tot wanted to have adventures with Diana, or *as* Diana, depending on her whim of the moment, or as a *teen* Diana, even if Diana never really had the lasso and powers as a teen or tot, in her original incarnation (having had to win a challenge to *earn* her powers).

In their last 'team-up,' Wonder Tot conjured up a teen Diana to adventure with her and adult Diana, in another of their imaginary adventures, only she got called away abruptly, and didn't 'clean up after herself' like 5th dimensional imps usually do when they leave (or get banished...).

'Teen Diana' was like, 'Uh, now what?' and adult Diana invited her back to Paradise Island, and they settled on the name 'Donna,' which at least sounded enough like Diana to feel right to her, and to people off of the island, Donna was introduced as a completely different person, not a 5th dimensional imp-construct who inexplicably has Diana's powers and magic lasso (which, as an artifact of the gods, isn't something that the Amazons have lying around in profusion to hand out to waifs that follow Diana home!). [/tangent]
    1) It's not a bad idea for a Donna origin, but at this point I think we should all just be happy she's back to the "standard" origin, and pray that no one breaks it again.
    2) That said, the idea that Wonder Tot is Diana's 5D imp is one that keeps popping up. Hell, I even wrote a spec script for it some 20 years ago. Someone (NOT Tom King) needs to make this so.

Retired

[rant]Old? Who are you little wise guys calling old? I'm not old!!! I still got all my own hair, my own teeth (mostly). I'm not an old fan. Heckfire!

Jerry Bails (1933 - 2006), Richard Lupoff (1935 - 2020), Harlan Ellison (1934 - ), Gloria Steinem (1934 - ), Biljo White (1930 - 2003), Jules Feiffer (1929 - ), Ron Goulart (1933 - 2022). All respect to them, but they really are the old fans!

"The Big E." Nelson Bridwell (1931 - 1987)--died before his time, never got to be old. "Roy the Boy" Thomas (1940 - ), obviously not--he never grew up.

Old fans were the Gomer Pyles, the Koppy McFads. Stacks of comics from the ancient times in their gas stations and basements. Shazam! Holey Moley! Suffering Sappho! Leapin' Lizards! We stand in the footsteps they trod. 'Nuff said.[/rant]

Lex should only be in Purple and green and a really fly collar!
    Ronnie and The Professor!
    Forget Zan and Jayna, WENDY AND MARVIN!

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    In 2006, D.C. continuity jumped One Year Later... right into the dumpster, and never left.

Barry Allen should be dead.

Batman's real sons don't share his DNA.
    I'm iffy about the second point, but your first and third ones...are you sure we're not related?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    [rant]Old? Who are you little wise guys calling old? I'm not old!!! I still got all my own hair, my own teeth (mostly). I'm not an old fan. Heckfire!

Jerry Bails (1933 - 2006), Richard Lupoff (1935 - 2020), Harlan Ellison (1934 - ), Gloria Steinem (1934 - ), Biljo White (1930 - 2003), Jules Feiffer (1929 - ), Ron Goulart (1933 - 2022). All respect to them, but they really are the old fans!

"The Big E." Nelson Bridwell (1931 - 1987)--died before his time, never got to be old. "Roy the Boy" Thomas (1940 - ), obviously not--he never grew up.

Old fans were the Gomer Pyles, the Koppy McFads. Stacks of comics from the ancient times in their gas stations and basements. Shazam! Holey Moley! Suffering Sappho! Leapin' Lizards! We stand in the footsteps they trod. 'Nuff said.[/rant]
    Harlan Ellison passed five years ago. And now I'm sad again.

Ultimate Member

Caption boxes and thought bubbles, so useful! So missed!

Booster Gold was more amusing when he was kind of full of himself and nobody (rightfully!) took him seriously, and he had to work extra hard as a result.

Conner, Dick, Tim, etc. were the only 'super-sons' Clark and Bruce ever needed.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

There's only ONE color lantern and that's green!

Batman has a yellow oval, dammit!

Superman has powers from day one!

Wonder Woman can fly AND has an invisible jet! And no one is owed an explanation for why because it's AN INVISIBLE JET!!!!

Superman and Lois can't have kids because they are two different species!

Donna Troy was a baby rescued by WW from a fire.

Flash's costume doesn't have a bunch of weird lines on it! (He can keep the chinstrap, though. He's the only one it works for)

Yes, there's an Earth 2 and the JSA has been around since 1940 and Superman started in 1938 and Batman started in 1939.
    Assassinate Putin!