Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Forever my favorite version of Legion of Super Heroes

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Even big names like Superman and Wonder Woman have just a handful of memorable stories before COIE. It's even worse for most of the others. Batman is saved mostly thanks to Dennis O'Neil.
    There were lots of memorable stories, only they weren't epic size for the most part.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Same for me. Post Crisis is just better.

Even big names like Superman and Wonder Woman have just a handful of memorable stories before COIE. It's even worse for most of the others. Batman is saved mostly thanks to Dennis O'Neil.
    Humph! Back in my day. Those "unmemorable stories" were treasured. They may not have been written by a Perez, a Morrison, a Byrne or whoever. But we loved them! Especially those written by Robert Kanigher or something. Genius, the man was a genius. Wonder Tot! All those great villains. Why they could have been on the Adam West show, you betcha. As for the Man of Steel, he had plenty of great stories. The enlarging of Kandor, all the times Lois Lane tried to trick Superman into marrying her (typical), the early 80's Branianc, etc. Great stories. Why I was just discussing the classic "The Sweetheart Superman Forgot." A masterpiece. Heart-breaking. And it moved you. Not like today's stories, everybody showing genuine concern. And you could follow the stories, and get them in a single issue. Eh . . . . Ok... a two parter tops. Back then, comics were big and colorful. Superman was a role model. Bah! I blame this all on the X-Men. Shame on DC for trying to "update" the Man of Steel. He was just fine, selling 1/10 the issues the Mutants did. Don't get me started. Huh.... It's time for my nap. My nurse is coming with the pills.

==jthree
    Last edited by JThree; 11-04-2023 at 03:57 PM.

Retired

Funny. More stories are imprinted on my brain from 1935 to 1985 than anything since then. I can remember the comic, the issue number, the cover date, the writer, the penciller, the inker. Some comics I can even remember where I was when I bought 'em. In the later years, when I still went to the comic shops, I had to take a piece of paper with me showing what I had previously purchased, so I wouldn't end up buying double copies--because I couldn't remember which ones I'd already bought. I'd bought too many doubles by accident in those later times. That never used to happen, because I knew every issue just by the cover.

The best team featuring individual heroes with their own books or strips teaming up to seek justice is the Justice Society. That so-called "League" is just a punch of poseurs and punks!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

I am a member of your tribe.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post

^^^For me…:

Ultimate Member

'My' Legion is the classic Legion, but I do love many of the newer characters introduced in the Reboot, like Dragonmage, Kid Quantum II, Gates, Monstress, etc. and how the Reboot allowed characters like Invisible Lyle and Iron Andy to get more of a chance to shine than they did in the classic continuity (as well as giving Karate Val a new lease on life). My favorite members of any new Legion 'boot tend to be those that don't too closely follow along in the footsteps of the original Legion, since they have more room to have new interactions and new adventures that don't involve retelling stories I've already read about their counterparts on 'Earth 1.'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    'My favorite members of any new Legion 'boot tend to be those that don't too closely follow along in the footsteps of the original Legion, since they have more room to have new interactions and new adventures that don't involve retelling stories I've already read about their counterparts on 'Earth 1.'
    ^^^Same for me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    The best team featuring individual heroes with their own books or strips teaming up to seek justice is the Justice Society. That so-called "League" is just a punch of poseurs and punks!
    I hear you. Those "leaguers" are just babes. Inexperienced. Wet behind the ears. Now, the Society has experience, even had a real doctor on the team at one point. Can't do better than that. The JLA had to have a ritzy, fancy smantzy satellite to do their work on. The JSA kept their feet on old mother earth, and kept close to the people and criminals. They weren't all that with their fancy transporters and such. Yes, Sir. The JSA had an old brownstone, made with real American brick to it. It'll last longer than that fancy satellite. Got to go now. My roommate is telling me to shut up.

--jthree

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I prefer Darkseid's classic appearance.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

I hate a majority of DC history regarding the treatment that WW recives. But i am 34. Do i count as old?

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    CoIE ruined DC forever.
    The New 52 ruined it forever
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Fantastic Member

Alan Scott refers to Doiby Dickles - loyal mystery-man sideman and best taxi-cab driver ever - as "Doiby", NOT "Derby."

Extraordinary Member

Bruce being raised by the mother of Joe Chill was really an odd retcon.