Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW If we can get Kyle and Yost back i think i would be in heaven. Fabe is back i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWW If we can get Kyle and Yost back i think i would be in heaven. Fabe is back i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If that would happen, I will be sooo happy, I might even scream.

They are my favorites next to Mike Carey.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Loved their run. Sad that they only got to write Cable with X-Force when they crossed over in Messiah War and Second Coming, though. But those were some badass moments for sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hope so. Would love to see them together. And Scott has been done way wrong so far in Fall of X, so needs something cool to do when he gets free.

Just imagine if the solicit for this had said...
    That would've been awesome! I know some people dislike Kid Cable but I grew to like him. Would love to see Old and Kid Cable having an explosive adventure with their dad.

Either way, this looks great and probably the only thing I'm interested in the upcoming FotHoX era.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oooh the bitterness is tasty up in here! Don't pass me the salt cause we got plenty. It's about sales, kids. Cable's one of the few mutants who can carry a solo and he brings in readers, it is what it is. Pairing him once again with the writer who has written him more than anyone else is going to create buzz and likely a nice little sales boost. I love Banshee but ain't nobody banging down doors for his solo.
    Straight-forward as that?

Never sold a book before so never will? Let’s go back 30 years and repeat?

Tom King at DC seems to be doing fine with characters and premises people don’t expect.

You don’t need a ‘popular’ character, you need a good story.

DC are traditionally so much better at this.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Straight-forward as that?

Never sold a book before so never will? Let’s go back 30 years and repeat?

Tom King at DC seems to be doing fine with characters and premises people don’t expect.

You don’t need a ‘popular’ character, you need a good story.

DC are traditionally so much better at this.
    The X-line is in a pickle right now in terms of sales, otherwise JDW would be staying on. Since they're moving into the final act of the Krakoa age it's probably not the best time to experiment too much in hopes of boosting sales and going out with a bang. So far with Fall of the House we've seen classic characters Logan, Piotr, Kurt and Kate will be in it, Rise of the Powers will in ways reflect the very popular Powers of X according to Gillen's newsletter today, Resurrection of Magneto is really on the nose and has people talking lol, Dead X-Men is featuring a team that everyone and their grandma were talking about. So I think bringing Fabian back to write the beginning of Cable's final Krakoa act fits with what they seem to be going for sales wise, and I think the mini will do very well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Oh, I do hope that the writer/artist is finally going to show Nathan's mastery over his Techno-Infection to use it a'la Warlock the Technarch and or Madison Jeffries to manifest a bevy of telepathic/telekinetic energy weapons, Carte Blanche...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I thought of you as soon as I saw it and decided to post it. 🥹
    We all did.
    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    That's the best thing Whilce Portacio has penciled in decades!
    I didn't want to be That Guy... but I thought the same thing. Must be the inker.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

No one wants a Cyclops solo more than I, but Cable having a book is not what is keeping Cyclops from having one.

Wolverine is the only x-men who can guarantee carry at solo, Cable is the closest second. They could take a risk with Cyclops? Sure, but I guess they rather have him helping sales in a team book.

I glad Cable fans get to have this book, I know Nicieza is well regarded for his work on the character.

Thanks, Ra-El. And for what it's worth, I hope Cyclops shows up in this. And gets justice over in the main X-men books too.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

One has to wonder if modern artist actualy need to put more effort into replicating the "abstract" super hero comic gun designs of the 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    No one wants a Cyclops solo more than I, but Cable having a book is not what is keeping Cyclops from having one.

Wolverine is the only x-men who can guarantee carry at solo, Cable is the closest second. They could take a risk with Cyclops? Sure, but I guess they rather have him helping sales in a team book.

I glad Cable fans get to have this book, I know Nicieza is well regarded for his work on the character.
    Not to disrespect the man, but the reason Cyclops doesn't and likely never will have a successfull solo series is because he simply isn't suited for one and the same goes for the majority of X-men.

There is a notable pattern with the characters who can or at least did carry solo series succesfully (let's not forget Dazzler), which involves a lot of traveling around and having "jobs" outside of being X-men, a quality Cyclops simply doesn't have or wouldn't "feel right" in.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-18-2023 at 04:44 PM.

With Maddie back, I'd love to see her show up in this series.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

lmao. This little discussion about "which character deserves a solo book" was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Plenty of folks like Cyclops. Including me. I don't thing anyone is interested in turning this into a Cyclops vs. Cable debate around who should have a series. If it were up to me, they both would. It's all good. Nothing but love for the Summers clan over here. *high fives*
    Well, I was joking and I'm happy for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The X-line is in a pickle right now in terms of sales, otherwise JDW would be staying on.
    This is not surprising, JDW left Cyclops out. What was he expecting with this? lol

It reminds me that every time they do Scott dirty it doesn't end well lol Scott died when he was very popular in the books and immediately we had the terrible Inhumans vs X-Men era and then the forgettable X-Men Gold. When Scott was being written horribly by Rosenberg, people hated the run...

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    They could take a risk with Cyclops? Sure, but I guess they rather have him helping sales in a team book.
    Note that they never took any chances with Cyclops in this era. Even Fantomex received a Giant-Size with his name and Cyclops did not. No miniseries either. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    One has to wonder if modern artist actualy need to put more effort into replicating the "abstract" super hero comic gun designs of the 90's?

Not to disrespect the man, but the reason Cyclops doesn't and likely never will have a successfull solo series is because he simply isn't suited for one and the same goes for the majority of X-men.

There is a notable pattern with the characters who can or at least did carry solo series succesfully (let's not forget Dazzler), which involves a lot of traveling around and having "jobs" outside of being X-men, a quality Cyclops simply doesn't have or wouldn't "feel right" in.
    Cyclops don't have "jobs" outside the X-Men, barely have friends outside of it too, seeing him away from the x-men and on his own wouldn't "feel right". You just gave us a theme for a possible Cyclops solo, following a guy who had a team for his entire adult life going on alone.