Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    So just reading the caption. What is the Neocracy? Are the Neo coming back or is this some new faction.

Also is this Ongoing?
    Can't help but think 'Neocracy' means Neo are going to be the big threat going forward

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Can't help but think 'Neocracy' means Neo are going to be the big threat going forward
    i truly hope so. I thought Dominia had soooooooo much potential. I actually like the Pirates as well. This could actually play into some Apocalypse stories since he had respect for them.
    Can some one explain why there were written off like that.
    When it was written they were the next step of evolution and that they were a great threat? I missed that part over the years.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Well, they were the next step of evolution but also still impacted by the High Evolutionary turning off the X-gene (I think Domina’s daughter actually drowned as a result, as she was able to breathe under water until her X-gene was turned off), which of course implies that they were just more highly evolved/advanced sub-species of mutants. I would attribute this to their living in isolation for many centuries, with mutants breeding with other mutants thereby creating stronger mutants.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You’re disappointed that they’re doing a mini on a character that peaked 30 years ago, but you want them to focus on characters that peaked 40+ years ago? Okay…
    Cable has been regurgitated many times over in that period.

Same can’t be said of the characters mentioned.

Okay….

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I really hope so. Would be cool to see them fleshed out more, especially with all we now know about mutantkind and its first age and whatnot. But there’s no indication that the Neo will be involved, other than the name “Neocracy” including Neo in it, of course.

On another note, I wonder if Nathan will use the psimitar in this series? Sounds like he may use it in Children of the Vault #4, at least judging by Bishop’s data page where he talks about retrieving it for him and that being his primary objective in raiding that particular weapons cache of Cable’s.

Personally I loved that weapon, and that whole Casey/Ladronn run that introduced it (didn’t hurt that the issue it debuted in was actually drawn by Ed McGuinness too, who draws a phenomenal bulky Cable). It differentiated him and really did make him more of the “telepathic soldier-messiah” that Deniz Camp has been leaning into for his CotV run than just another generic time traveler with big guns (though, to be fair, Cable started that trend).

So it would be fun to have OG Nathan using his psimitar while Kid Cable uses guns in this series. At least IMO.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 10-21-2023 at 08:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Okay but you guys don't even know how stoked I am for the possibility the Neocracy IS the Neo returning in a big way, because this entire era I've been obsessed with the idea that the Neo are the descendants of the Okkarans who fled during the war, before Arakko went into the rift.

Like, the war raged on Okkara for decades before the island was cleaved in two & the future Arakkii went thru the rift...so it seems inevitable to me that in all that time at least some Okkarans might have fled & migrated elsewhere throughout the world...and perhaps these Okkaran refugees consolidated in various clans and founded the hidden cities of the Neo, all while telling themselves that after the fall of Okkara & loss of Arakko, they were the only 'true' mutants left, the last remaining heirs of the mutant homeland....hence the Neo's attitude towards modern mutants not descended from one of their clans.

NOW. The thing that's got me thinking at the moment...is how for all their hype about insisting they were superior to 'ordinary' mutants, & some unsubstantiated claims of being stronger & faster than the average non-Neo mutant (although notably, we never saw any Neo who came anywhere CLOSE to matching the power of various omega level mutants)...the only thing that actually differentiated the Neo from other mutants was the way the leaders of their various war or hunting parties all seemed to share an ability to draw upon the powers of any & all Neo in their party. We never got an explanation for how this worked, but I'd argue the framework is there for this to be revealed as a CULTURAL aspect of Neo society, rather than them just always putting mutants with power mimicry abilities in charge.

In fact, I dont think you can chalk this power-sharing tendency up to specific mutants like Domina just being natural power mimics...b/c we saw a couple of different Neo leaders get killed & then immediately replaced by another member of their party...who had already been established as having their own specific mutant power...but the second they took over as war leader or whatever...they showed the same ability to draw upon the powers of all Neo in their party.

So what am I getting at here? I don't think this trait of Neo leadership is due to a specific mutant power. I think its due to....mutant TECHNOLOGY. Its a circuit. Somehow, at some point, the Neo figured out a circuit that lets anyone they appoint as the leader of a given squad or team act as a central pillar that can draw upon any mutant power possessed by someone plugged into that same mutant circuit...aka the members of a Neo hunting party.

And to wrap this all up, remember what Lodus Logos said about mutant circuits during Judgment Day? They're not actually new to the Arakkii. The Arakkii have an explicit history of using mutant circuits at some point in their past, just like Krakoans do...& possibly, just like the Neo do. But for some unrevealed reason (I mean, aside from the general influence of Genesis' ideology upon Arakkii society)....at some point, something happened that made mutant circuits fall out of favor w/the Arakkii. They've refrained from using them much in the past millennia by CHOICE, not b/c they didn't realize what circuits could do.

So I'm thinking...what if mutant circuits were a regular part of Okkaran society....which split in two when the island did. Some Okkarans became Arakkii & went through the rift to fight the Amenthi demons, while others fled & hid elsewhere on Earth, renaming themselves the Neo ('the New,' as in their society had its ORIGINS in being what comes after the end of the old...and the old in this case being the original mutant society....the Okkarans) & preserving as much as they could of their old culture.

Such as...the commonplace usage of mutant circuits. Which could easily lead to the Arakkii associating the Okkarans-turned-Neo WITH that particular Okkaran faction's heavy reliance on circuits....& viewing the Neo as cowards & traitors who fled rather than stand & fight...the Arakkii similarly distanced themselves from the mutant technology that held such appeal for the Neo. Turning their backs on shared circuits as a way of marking a cultural divide between those who stayed & those who left.

Meanwhile, the Neo's almost obsessive drive to be seen as the only REAL mutants & how dismissive they are of modern mutants, showing no interest in letting any of the latest generations of mutants join their clans & community....could stem from having spent millennia as isolationists intent on preserving a VERY specific view of history....one in which they're the rightful inheritors of the Earth as the last children of Okkara....but w/this juxtaposed w/a cultural shame born of knowing exactly how the Okkarans who DID go thru the rift likely felt about the Neo's ancestors, for running instead of going to fight alongside them.

And if the Neo do somehow resurrect en masse, the stage is set for a VERY bitter family reunion....as the Arakkii are back now & not interested in letting the Neo keep spouting their revisionist history, making it abundantly clear that they felt betrayed & abandoned by the Neo's ancestors & they want a reckoning for that....while the Neo are not about to just gracefully let go of 4000 years of historical views that were carefully cultivated to put a positive spin on their ancestors fleeing Okkara. And they're VERY keen on insisting the Arakkii stop challenging their version of events & painting their ancestors as cowards....

With the Krakoans caught in the middle, laughing nervously and going 'Did everyone try the chicken? The chicken was lovely, wasn't it?'

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Explaining the new saga, Nicieza said, “This series finds Nathan Dayspring Askani’son Gesundheit up against the wall because while the lives of the X-world on Krakoa are under attack, Cable has to focus on the next potential ‘big threat.’ In order to stop the Neocracy before it becomes a revolution of evolution, Cable needs the help (and annoyance) of Young Cable! Indeed, hijinks ensue and Chiclet guns will be fired!”
    Does this mean the exiled mutants will make it back by the time FOTHOX/ROTPOX begins?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    Does this mean the exiled mutants will make it back by the time FOTHOX/ROTPOX begins?
    I think the moment Jean sorts out her psychic drama it's buh-bye to the White Hot Room and back to Earth for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Okay but you guys don't even know how stoked I am for the possibility the Neocracy IS the Neo returning in a big way, because this entire era I've been obsessed with the idea that the Neo are the descendants of the Okkarans who fled during the war, before Arakko went into the rift.
    YES! I knew I didn’t get this idea on my own. Think it was you who planted it awhile back, but it’s brilliant and it works perfectly. Hope this is the case and the Neocracy does have something to do with the Neo, and they are revealed to be descendants of some Okkarans who ventured out on their own many centuries ago (pre-rift, as you say).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Cyclops don't have "jobs" outside the X-Men, barely have friends outside of it too, seeing him away from the x-men and on his own wouldn't "feel right". You just gave us a theme for a possible Cyclops solo, following a guy who had a team for his entire adult life going on alone.
    Agree with this, writers can for example revisit Age of X and narrate how he ended up in jail in Alcatraz and how he broke out. That's just an example, there are plenty of stories that can be narrated through the character. I don't buy the fact that he can't carry a solo